(QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: (QP)R We Gonna Pick Up Our First Win Of The Season?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:For clause (sic) read excuse.
When Coyle had delivered far far worse form over a far longer period than 3 games, you said this (and lots of other stuff in his defence).
Wandering Willy wrote:The idea of judging a manger without taking into account factors which effect our performance and results is nonsense.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 pm

He's the next Allardyce, so he's got all the time in the world for me.

And let it be bookmarked that no-one but me was fancying our chances, you bunch of bloody pessimists. QPR? I've shit em.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:04 pm

If we are going to pick up our first win, we'll have to play better than last week to do it. Second half against Forest, we weren't at the races. I'm all for not racing around like headless chickens and conserving energy fo attacks etc, but that goes with posession and not belting hopeful balls into the blue yonder. Kevin Davies is gone, and with him the ability to constantly win balls ariely. A different game needed now. Some decent possesion, passing and feeding the strikers the sort of balls they want to be effective. No revelation, everybody probably sees it, I just hope Dougie and the players do. I'll be watching with a Scouse supporting mate and probably a Whites one too, so I'll get an early COME ON YOU WHITES in, and a hopeful three points one way or another. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:If we are going to pick up our first win, we'll have to play better than last week to do it. Second half against Forest, we weren't at the races. I'm all for not racing around like headless chickens and conserving energy fo attacks etc, but that goes with posession and not belting hopeful balls into the blue yonder. Kevin Davies is gone, and with him the ability to constantly win balls ariely. A different game needed now. Some decent possesion, passing and feeding the strikers the sort of balls they want to be effective. No revelation, everybody probably sees it, I just hope Dougie and the players do. I'll be watching with a Scouse supporting mate and probably a Whites one too, so I'll get an early COME ON YOU WHITES in, and a hopeful three points one way or another. :oyea:

:oyea: DFSWA :oyea:
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Ream is playing tomorrow apparently.. In midfield :shock: must be in front of the defence?

Ngog and Beckford up top.

The only positive I can think from Ream playing, is that Dougie isn't happy with our central defence and will be looking to strengthen. He wants more protection in front of Knight and Wheater because they just aren't cutting it.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm

It sounds right. We can't expect our manager to play our best system afterall
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:41 pm

ChrisC wrote:Ream is playing tomorrow apparently.. In midfield :shock: must be in front of the defence?

The only positive I can think from Ream playing, is that Dougie isn't happy with our central defence and will be looking to strengthen. He wants more protection in front of Knight and Wheater because they just aren't cutting it.
Inwardly groan. Where did you get this nugget from Chris?

The Oracle said he fancies Bolton to win tomorrow and it will become obvious when the team is named. I presumed it was Eagles and N'gog back not bloody Ream playing in midfield.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:44 pm

ChrisC wrote:Ream is playing tomorrow apparently.. In midfield :shock: must be in front of the defence?

I'm not pretending to understand that. A defensive strengthening that doesn't exactly screech creativity yet our two (supposed) best strikers up front. If Ream does play it should be as a sweeper behind Wheater and Knight and let somebody get forward who'll do more than just leather it forward. Bit baffling?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:59 pm

Ream in the team? In midfield?

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:14 pm

I think it's a good idea. Pratley's suspended and Knight and Wheater have been shaky. With an extra defensive player on it may mean we can commit more players to attack without leaving ourselves vulnerable. This time tomorrow we'll all be praising Dougie's amazing tactics.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Three defensive midfielders?

Spearing, Medo and Ream?

At home?

We might not get a shot into their half, let alone on goal.

It's going to be a looong 90 minutes.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:19 pm

malcd1 wrote:

Inwardly groan. Where did you get this nugget from Chris?

The Oracle said he fancies Bolton to win tomorrow and it will become obvious when the team is named. I presumed it was Eagles and N'gog back not bloody Ream playing in midfield.
It's just a friend who usually calls the team the day before.

Seen a few others on the net have said the same also so seems news travels fast :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Three defensive midfielders?

Spearing, Medo and Ream?

At home?

Don't be upset. There's always goal kicks. They might go straight into touch, but at least they'll be in their half..(I think) . :wink:

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 pm

So we are going to be starting with 3 Defensive midfielders in Ream, Medo and Spearing, Dougie is definitely playing for a point.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:43 pm

We'll shit em

Spazzy eyes sacked by monday

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 am

Lord Kangana wrote:And let it be bookmarked that no-one but me was fancying our chances,
Comfortable home win.

:drink:

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:26 am

Like I mentioned earlier...what's wrong with Vela? He played for the U21s during the week?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 am

Jokers in White wrote:So we are going to be starting with 3 Defensive midfielders in Ream, Medo and Spearing, Dougie is definitely playing for a point.
He's playing two up though so I don't think he's playing for a point. If that team is correct though it is a very odd selection to put Ream in there. Very odd.

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 am

Worthy4England wrote:Three defensive midfielders?

Spearing, Medo and Ream?

At home?

I think it is more likely to be 3 at the back with the 2 full backs pushing up (as I suggested earlier in the week). This will give us a bit more security at the back as I think QPR will play deep and try to hit us on the break. we need to control the midfield today and this is a good way to do it. For it to work though the full back will have to stay wide to give us more room inside and a outlet from the back.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 am

2-0 to QPR, negative defensive tactics from Freedman, QPR keeper rarely troubled.