and we wonder why the gates are low at the Reebok...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

and we wonder why the gates are low at the Reebok...

Post by marshall_42 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: and we wonder why the gates are low at the Reebok...

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 am

Please can someone copy and paste the info as I haven't the first f*cking clue how to use the twatter machine.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:05 am

@OfficialBWFC: Watch #BWFC-QPR tomorrow at 12.15pm live only on Sky Sports. Upgrade today and save £20 off your first bill

@WesleyBwfcHead: @OfficialBWFC it's also live at our fecking ground

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 am

I've seen that guy post a few times before on Twitter, may not be to everyone's taste but I tend to agree with him on most things!

And I couldn't agree more with him on that one. Our club is an absolute fecking sellout, with the whole QuickQuid bollocks and "Lofty Junior", never mind that awful new announcer with the personality of a goldfish and the dog shit half time entertainment that a five year old could come up with. Whoever runs the off-field operations at our club needs shooting, it's an embarrassment.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:23 pm

the gates were lowered when sammy lee became manager - so that he could see over the top of them... FACT

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 pm

There was a bloke behind me in the North Stand shouting stuff about Sky killing football, possibly the tweeter mentioned above. He has a point when you look at Saturday's crowd and lack of atmosphere.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:There was a bloke behind me in the North Stand shouting stuff about Sky killing football, possibly the tweeter mentioned above. He has a point when you look at Saturday's crowd and lack of atmosphere.
The atmosphere is getting worse game by game. The north stand was called the singing stand if my memory servers me right, have to say I think it needs to be renamed the library after Saturday.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Our lowest league gate last season was 15,675 against Peterborough. Both games up to now have had lower attendances than that. Now, I know that we were on tele on Saturday, but the Peterborough game was played on a Tuesday evening in February.
May the bridges I burn light your way

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 pm

10-15 pound a ticket max, that would get the stadium busy.

Better than 30 quid plus and only half the seats taken.

You can go and watch United for that price. (I'm not saying you should mind :) )
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:17 pm

Won't be long until such offers come up. Club are proactive like that. Course, then everyone says it's unfair...

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:10-15 pound a ticket max, that would get the stadium busy.

Better than 30 quid plus and only half the seats taken.

You can go and watch United for that price. (I'm not saying you should mind :) )
You can with that sh!te every! week on sky.

Too many take the option to trot down the boozer to watch the Bolton games on TV when they're on sky. Before anyone shouts I know not all can afford to go but, it's easy to get out of the habit for some and the pub becomes the normal ritual for the match instead of the pilgrimage to the ground.

Not sure he numbers have a massive affect on the atmosphere as the north lower is pretty much full here I'm sitting and there has hardly been a sound there all games.
How do you generate passion from large group who are just sitting and watching. For what it's worth IMO football is participation sport for fans as well as he players.

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Madrigal wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:There was a bloke behind me in the North Stand shouting stuff about Sky killing football, possibly the tweeter mentioned above. He has a point when you look at Saturday's crowd and lack of atmosphere.
The atmosphere is getting worse game by game. The north stand was called the singing stand if my memory servers me right, have to say I think it needs to be renamed the library after Saturday.
Bring the drums back !!!!

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:28 pm

A full, noisy stadium is a great thing to have, Cheaper ticket prices would bring that along with other deals they could run, Kids in free, BOGOF and such.

Look at Stoke, They're not the greatest team but the stadium and the crowd make it one hell of an atmosphere inside the Britannia.

When you can go and watch a team of Multi-Premier league champions for the same price as Bolton it's not surprising we aren't getting the fans in.

It's the same with the shirts. Too expensive.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:40 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
Madrigal wrote:
Bring the drums back !!!!
NEVER, EVER, EVER!!!

IMO one of the worst things we have done off the field in recent seasons. Did absolutely nothing to generate an atmosphere and plain embarrassing when when they banged them just as the keeper was taking a goal kick.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote: Bring the drums back !!!!
Well, let us hope not. You have made me thunk a think though. As I recall Booth's Music were one of the most vociferous around QuidQuid time, milking the front page publicity by withdrawing their supply of free skins (Drumheads, A1. Not cigarette papers ;) ) like it was going to bankrupt the club. So, the question remains, have they burned their bridge and the drummers been turfed out McGreavy style, or is the Booth's dummy still spat-out?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad. Didn't miss the drummers. There was no singing but plenty of noise where I was.

The only reason I can think of for promoting Sky is so that a lot of people will tune in and we'll be on TV more. I don't think we get that much money from them so it's a bit silly. Also, noticed that hardly any QPR fans showed up, I guess if you're on TV fans who might have travelled a long distance decide to watch at home instead.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:44 pm

Looking forward to visiting the Reebok for the first time early next year, but I hope the atmosphere picks up a bit by then. Saturdays game did sound very quiet when I was watching.

Madrigal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Vertigo wrote:Looking forward to visiting the Reebok for the first time early next year, but I hope the atmosphere picks up a bit by then. Saturdays game did sound very quiet when I was watching.

Should be rocking by then, what with us being 10 points clear at the top of the league and all that :D

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote: Bring the drums back !!!!
Well, let us hope not. You have made me thunk a think though. As I recall Booth's Music were one of the most vociferous around QuidQuid time, milking the front page publicity by withdrawing their supply of free skins (Drumheads, A1. Not cigarette papers ;) ) like it was going to bankrupt the club. So, the question remains, have they burned their bridge and the drummers been turfed out McGreavy style, or is the Booth's dummy still spat-out?
It was a tongue in cheek comment :wink: I don't want the buggers back either, as I sit about 20 rows behind them and they get on my tits especially when the bang the drum as the keeper is kicking the ball. The best atmosphere for me is away games. Also performances on the pitch tend to reflect the atmosphere in the ground. Cold nights in January with a lack luster performance it can be like a morgue at times !!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:41 am

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:
It was a tongue in cheek comment :wink: I don't want the buggers back either, as I sit about 20 rows behind them and they get on my tits especially when the bang the drum as the keeper is kicking the ball. The best atmosphere for me is away games. Also performances on the pitch tend to reflect the atmosphere in the ground. Cold nights in January with a lack luster performance it can be like a morguemortuary at times !!!
thankyou! 8)