Tuesday's Trip to Tranmere

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Tuesday's Trip to Tranmere

Post by Jez » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

So moving swiftly on from the collapse of the fortress reebok, we now have a midweek game in the competition where our win record is 100% as opposed to 0%.

Predictions on this one? It'll be a tough game, that's no doubt, but Tranmere are in worse form than we are in the league. They somehow lost 5-0 at home to Peterborough this weekend so that's gotta inspire some hope, not like Peterborough would ever put 5 past us.

Hopefully we'll see more of Odelusi too and if he keeps us the form from the last game then he'll be forcing dougie to consider him in the league (since apparently nobody apart from Darren Pratley knows how to score there at the minute). Would make sense for Moritz to get his first start here too.

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Tuesday's Trip to Tranmere

Post by mcflykyle182 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 pm

2-0 win, Hall and Pratley
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:32 pm

We'll probably have enough to go through without undue stress. Doubt the team will give much clue to how we'll fare next weekend though.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Play the best team available in the shape we will play against Blackburn if possible. Hopefully score a bag full and give the lads and mainly the strikers some confidence!
Last edited by ChrisC on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:33 pm

I want a win. We need a win. I expect a win.

We'll lose.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:Play the best team available in the shape we will play against Blackburn if possible. Hopefully score a bag full and give the lads and mainy the strikers some confidence!
This for me, too.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Play the best team available in the shape we will play against Blackburn if possible. Hopefully score a bag full and give the lads and mainy the strikers some confidence!
This for me, too.
Me too. However big question over what that is!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Send Lawrie ahead with the teamsheet, get the players changed at the Bok, arrive at 5 to kick off, do 'em one-nil, get the team back on the bus at full time, shower at the Bok. F*ck 'em.

Let's get this bloody season kick-started FFS.

And did I mention f*ck 'em?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

This is tonight, people.

Anyone venturing over?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:53 am

mrkint wrote:This is tonight, people.

Anyone venturing over?
I'm not, but it's £19 ont' gate if anyone is.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

We could choose to change:

Lonergan; Mears, Mills, Bolger, Ream; Gregus, Vela; Odelusi, Moritz, Hall; Cravies

(assuming Gregus is fit - he didn't play in the last Development game, but Vela did)

However, while it would be nice to get to a point where we can give the young 'uns a run-out - and some should be on the bench in case we get ourselves in a position to do so - we should probably concentrate on those senior players who need game-time: Mears, Mills, maybe Ream. There's an argument for trying Baptiste at centre-back, too. Tierney might have to play through shortage of alternatives, unless we further Ream's rehabilitation as a utility man (and yes, I'm aware that he's played badly in the left-back zone before, but he also struggled in defensive midfield when Coyle picked him there so it might be worth another try).

Further forward, I'd start with Beckford, who needs a goal to get his confidence. And I'd have Moritz and Hall behind him, to push their claim for a starting place in the league. Odelusi deserves another go after Shrewsbury but other than that, it's not far off what I could be our first-choice front four by late September: Hall, Moritz and Eagles feeding front-runner Beckford.

Ream and Pratley behind those four, and we should have enough to beat Tranmere. Should, mind you. Don't put it past those party-poopers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Someone just texted me to say they have heard Craig Davies is seriously injured from the knock he took on Saturday. Anyone heard anything?

Guess we will find out if he is in the squad tonight.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Someone just texted me to say they have heard Craig Davies is seriously injured from the knock he took on Saturday. Anyone heard anything?

I honestly don't remember him taking a knock. :?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Someone just texted me to say they have heard Craig Davies is seriously injured from the knock he took on Saturday. Anyone heard anything?

Late on Bruce he was hobbling around. Which I think is partly why Zat was thrown up.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:22 pm

I heard the same rumour but not from a reputable source. 8 weeks so I am told but no idea what the injury was. Not sure I believe it, time will tell.

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 pm

PC1978 wrote:

I heard the same rumour but not from a reputable source. 8 weeks so I am told but no idea what the injury was. Not sure I believe it, time will tell.
Maybe this is the opportunity big Tom Eaves needs for his breakthrough.
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:35 pm

mcflykyle182 wrote:
PC1978 wrote:

Or perhaps DF will be forced to play Beckford tonight, JB scores a hat-trick, and we're off... :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:35 pm

mcflykyle182 wrote:
PC1978 wrote:

or beckford... - my money's on him playing odelusi and hall again - like last time...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Late on Bruce he was hobbling around. Which I think is partly why Zat was thrown up.
Think I remember it now. Wasn't it either Henry or Onuoha that flattened him from behind on the halfway line?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Think I remember it now. Wasn't it either Henry or Onuoha that flattened him from behind on the halfway line?
Yep. Late on, think it was Onouha.. Rumour going round is that he has a relatively serious injury of some unspecified sort.

We will see if he's in the squad tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me. It's not like anyone is handing out any BWFC luck by the looks of things.