Deadline Day

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wrighty92
Hopeful
Hopeful

Deadline Day

Post by Wrighty92 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 pm

So with deadline day looming... what do you want to see us do in the market and how do you think it will effect our season.

Personally I think the priority should be doing everything we can to get Craig Dawson, whether be a season long loan or full transfer. If we don't get him, I can see us struggling in the mid-table to bottom half realm but if we do sign him, I'm confident we'll get a run together when we have Eagles back in the team and particularly once Mavies is back and we could push on for the playoffs this year, maybe even more

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Deadline Day

Post by mcflykyle182 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm

What we need/want - Dawson (a solid CB) and Rhodes (a goalscorer)

What we'll get - More along the lines of Bramble and Sidibe
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:24 pm

i think we might be after loans - in which case - deadline day isn't the deadline, is it?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Dawson and a goal scorer please. Becchio is doing nowt at Norwich or Jay Rodriguez at Southampton.

cmbfc_90
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cmbfc_90 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Another winger would be handy too!

mcflykyle182
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by mcflykyle182 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:50 pm

ChrisC wrote:Dawson and a goal scorer please. Becchio is doing nowt at Norwich or Jay Rodriguez at Southampton.
Not sure about Becchio, but Rodriguez has started both league games and the cup game for Southampton so doubt he's available. Did Becchio and Beckford ever play together or were they playing for Leeds at different times?
''Amazing! Out of nothing Bolton are level. A quick throw, Kevin Nolan keeps play alive in the box and finds Kevin Davies on the left who lashes a shot under Oliver Kahn.''

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Do we really need another striker? its a defender or two and some passing lessons that look like a priority.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:18 pm

A goalscorer won't make a difference for us anyway. Prime Inzaghi would probably get about 6 goals a season playing in our current side.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Becchio and Beckford led the line for Leeds for a long time before the former went to Everton. Imagine he'll be available, at least on loan, but I don't think we need him or can afford him. Last night Eaves had all the same problems as Ngog/Davies and Beckford before him. Its not the strikers that are the problem IMO its the players behind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Nixon is again on his crusade of slagging Bolton off for being outspent by Bournemouth and now Blackburn.

Saying he feels sorry for Dougie.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon is again on his crusade of slagging Bolton off for being outspent by Bournemouth and now Blackburn.

Tweet him back and tell him he's a disgrace. His Mrs spent less on the weekly shop than Mrs Jones :roll:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Confirmation that he's a dick then.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:01 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Its not the strikers that are the problem IMO its the players behind.
Exactly, or when you play three defensive midfielders at home, the lack of them...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon is again on his crusade of slagging Bolton off for being outspent by Bournemouth and now Blackburn.

hell hath no fury... :lol:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:47 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:A goalscorer won't make a difference for us anyway. Prime Inzaghi would probably get about 6 goals a season playing in our current side.
Fecking YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Same tripe repeated over and over. We heard you the first time so please stop saying the same thing over and over in different word combinations.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:A goalscorer won't make a difference for us anyway. Prime Inzaghi would probably get about 6 goals a season playing in our current side.
Currently we spend so much energy "being solid" in midfield that we create f'call.

That "being solid" is then put to waste by inept centre half's.

Did I read that on Saturday we had Medo, Spearing AND Ream "being solid" ? If so it's no wonder the forwards are getting no service.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Currently we spend so much energy "being solid" in midfield that we create f'call.

That "being solid" is then put to waste by inept centre half's.

Did I read that on Saturday we had Medo, Spearing AND Ream "being solid" ? If so it's no wonder the forwards are getting no service.
Excellent summary.
Agree with both of you.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:36 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Same tripe repeated over and over. We heard you the first time so please stop saying the same thing over and over in different word combinations.
You get annoyed because you know I'm right. I remember you criticised one of my posts before the Blackpool game last season because you thought I'd been overly negative by correctly stating we were playing the wrong formation. Then, just like now, you aren't arsed because we disagree, it bothers you because you know I'm right. If I followed your advice and stopped pointing out these flaws with our team, they aren't going to go away just because I stop mentioning them.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:13 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

You get annoyed because you know I'm right. I remember you criticised one of my posts before the Blackpool game last season because you thought I'd been overly negative by correctly stating we were playing the wrong formation. Then, just like now, you aren't arsed because we disagree, it bothers you because you know I'm right. If I followed your advice and stopped pointing out these flaws with our team, they aren't going to go away just because I stop mentioning them.
I get annoyed SF because you come across as an intelligent, decent guy but drone on about the same thing over and over and rarely find a positive in anything about BWFC. Even last season on our good run you still slated the team. Its hard to have a debate with somebody who only ever looks for the negative in something.

If I remember rightly, you even found negatives in our 5-1 demolition of Hull last season.

I love Bolton Wanderers and its hard to read constant negative things about the club I love from someone, especially when they never find an ounce of good in anything they write.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 am

[quote="ChrisC"][quote="SmokinFrazier"][quote="ChrisC"][quote="SmokinFrazier"]A goalscorer won't make a difference for us anyway. Prime Inzaghi would probably get about 6 goals a season playing in our current side.[/quote]

Same tripe repeated over and over. We heard you the first time so please stop saying the same thing over and over in different word combinations.[/quote]
You get annoyed because you know I'm right. I remember you criticised one of my posts before the Blackpool game last season because you thought I'd been overly negative by correctly stating we were playing the wrong formation. Then, just like now, you aren't arsed because we disagree, it bothers you because you know I'm right. If I followed your advice and stopped pointing out these flaws with our team, they aren't going to go away just because I stop mentioning them.[/quote]

I get annoyed SF because you come across as an intelligent, decent guy but drone on about the same thing over and over and rarely find a positive in anything about BWFC. Even last season on our good run you still slated the team. Its hard to have a debate with somebody who only ever looks for the negative in something.

If I remember rightly, you even found negatives in our 5-1 demolition of Hull last season.

I love Bolton Wanderers and its hard to read constant negative things about the club I love from someone, especially when they never find an ounce of good in anything they write.[/quote]

Agreed

I'd add a couple to that list, BL3 and PMT.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience