Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

chester white
Promising
Promising

Re: Freedman out!

Post by chester white » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:As was I. That it seems that it's anyone's but a certain indivdual's fault.
We get it. You're upset because you feel Dougie isn't getting the same treatment as Coyle.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Thankyou for getting it. And why isn't he?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:As was I. That it seems that it's anyone's but a certain indivdual's fault.
Yours? :wink: :lol:
I reserve the right to never be wrong.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
Yours? :wink: :lol:
I reserve the right to never be wrong.
As do I
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Yet one is hailed as shite and the other deserves more games despite the worst start since anyone on here was born.
Yeah, but someboby's mate of somebody's mate's dog's flea's barber said they thought Dougie was alright, so what are you worrying about?

And, and, a1 says, and lets be clear anyone who smokes enough bongs to floor a rhinoceros deserves to be heard, he says, right, that Dougie is ace, and right, get this, that Coyle wasn't. So shut up yer whinging, you know nowt, ok?
Don't forget that mugson was ace as well.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Maybe because we had to put up with nearly 18 months of unadulterated shite under Coyle
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Thankyou for getting it. And why isn't he?
If he fails on Saturday then I cannot see how anyone can defend him.

By fail as well I mean not getting a win.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Indeed. So I ask again, what has Dougie done to deserve such leniency?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 pm

jaffka wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Yet one is hailed as shite and the other deserves more games despite the worst start since anyone on here was born.
Yeah, but someboby's mate of somebody's mate's dog's flea's barber said they thought Dougie was alright, so what are you worrying about?

And, and, a1 says, and lets be clear anyone who smokes enough bongs to floor a rhinoceros deserves to be heard, he says, right, that Dougie is ace, and right, get this, that Coyle wasn't. So shut up yer whinging, you know nowt, ok?
Charlie Wright was better
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Coyle only ever presented as a Mr Motivator which was fine in the early days. It was fairly obvious he was limited tactically once he tried talking about them.

Douglas on the other hand came across as a bit of a deep thinker. When we made the late run into the play offs I was thinking his cunning plan was unfolding nicely. Now I'm wondering whether we were conned all along and he had no more idea than Capt Clueless.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 pm

jaffka wrote:
If he fails on Saturday then I cannot see how anyone can defend him.

By fail as well I mean not getting a win.
We've been saying that for the last 2 weeks.

One win and he'll be ace with some.

Yet he could learn from Sammy Lee.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Which is where I'm at. I liked Coyle because of his history with us (it bought him time with me, perhaps too much, though admittedly, I don't think he was ever a sophisticated tactician), it just seems that whats unfolding in front of my eyes is the same (worse?!) than 12months ago, but certain sections of our support are so deperate to believe that we have a superb manager, they don't want to contemplate what they're actually seeing in front of their eyes.

Lets be clear,this isn't a couple of games blip,a bad result (say like Todd's 5-2 at Southend, or even Allardyce's long winless run), we're getting well beaten by all comers.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:

I was all for keeping Coyle despite his shitness and giving him time to turn it round. he was shit for a lot longer than 8 games so I gave up eventually. May have to on Dougie as well, but not there yet.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

I was all for keeping Coyle despite his shitness and giving him time to turn it round. he was shit for a lot longer than 8 games so I gave up eventually. May have to on Dougie as well, but not there yet.
This is were I'm at.
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

This is were I'm at.
Depends upon the result on Saturday for me.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:

Charlie Wright was better
Wright had a personality as well.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Indeed. So I ask again, what has Dougie done to deserve such leniency?
been here less time. that's all.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 pm

can anyone explain why despite the passage of time, the change of manager / management team, change in training/coaching methods, a significant change in player personnel, an increasing number of trusted previous colleagues/ players being recruited, the same line about a weak and losing mentality in the dressing room keeps getting trotted out and this hasn't been remotely addressed in a 12 month tenure ?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Well I was considering a season and a half of Premier League decline prior the to 9 games to which you refer WW, which I do think is relevant in judging Coyle.
Like thebish says, he's not been here as long as Coyle and there's noting to say that we'd have been any better off if we'd sacked Coyle earlier.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Which is where I'm at. I liked Coyle because of his history with us (it bought him time with me, perhaps too much, though admittedly, I don't think he was ever a sophisticated tactician), it just seems that whats unfolding in front of my eyes is the same (worse?!) than 12months ago, but certain sections of our support are so deperate to believe that we have a superb manager, they don't want to contemplate what they're actually seeing in front of their eyes.

Lets be clear,this isn't a couple of games blip,a bad result (say like Todd's 5-2 at Southend, or even Allardyce's long winless run), we're getting well beaten by all comers.
Coyle got the pelters at this stage last season (and, admittedly, beforehand) because he had presided over 18 months of pitiful performances and results. I'd argue that he got about 6 months longer than he would have done due to his handling of the Muamba incident. But he persisted in making the same mistakes both before and after that; both on and off the pitch, with rumours about less-than-rigorous training regimes, playing the same formation and squads that were frequently spanked without, seemingly, any understanding of tactics or pre-match preparation. The off season didn't help, with poor pre-season results and yet more rumours about Ping-Pong and keepy-uppies, along with a jobs-for-the-boys mentality.

Dougie's getting a little more leniency because he hasn't overseen 18 months of shite. By my reckoning, he's currently on 4 months of shite, 2 months of distinctly average and 3 months of pretty good. He's making mistakes, but at least shows willingness to try new stuff on the pitch. Training, if you trust the hearsay, is a lot more professional as well.

Don't misjudge this as a pro-Dougie post though. He's not Coyle, who had been bitterly disappointing. But Dougie's not doing a sterling job either. The players aren't great, but you've got to hope that they're better than they're performing at the minute, even if they're not good enough to get promoted. We can't get rid of the playing staff like we can the manager, so it's the manager's head on the block if results are poor. I still reckon that the writing will probably be on the wall should we achieve anything less than a victory, any kind of victory, on Saturday.