Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mar wrote: Dougie shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that Bogdan lets a simple chance in and Beckford can't put past a keeper one on one.
And where exactly is anyone doing that? I'm blaming him for the formation. At home against Yeovil do you honestly say that it's acceptable for us to be worrying about them rather yhan vice versa? Really?
I don't get the issue with the system. 3 attacking midfield players behind a striker. Given the strengths of Eagles and Hall and supposedly Lee in those versatile roles, is that not our best bet? I'd say it was a pretty bold and attacking selection. And it created chances, we just didn't take them.
So you think our best attacking formation/selection is to have three midfielders taking nosebleed shots from 25 yards? fecking brilliant!
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mar wrote: Dougie shouldn't be held accountable for the fact that Bogdan lets a simple chance in and Beckford can't put past a keeper one on one.
And where exactly is anyone doing that? I'm blaming him for the formation. At home against Yeovil do you honestly say that it's acceptable for us to be worrying about them rather yhan vice versa? Really?
I don't get the issue with the system. 3 attacking midfield players behind a striker. Given the strengths of Eagles and Hall and supposedly Lee in those versatile roles, is that not our best bet? I'd say it was a pretty bold and attacking selection. And it created chances, we just didn't take them.
So you think our best attacking formation/selection is to have three midfielders taking nosebleed shots from 25 yards? fecking brilliant!
It isn't what I saw happening. We created enough clear chances. If the final ball had been better we'd have created a load more.

I think we've looked most threatening this season in a 4-2-3-1 with Hall, Eagles and CYL in behind a striker. Personally speaking.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 am

BL3 wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Then I'd sack Freedman and soon after despatch Eagles and anyone else involved.
Yes let's get rid of the whole lot on the strength of some internet conspiracy theory.
Try using your brain for once, players should never be allowed to decide who runs the club under any circumstances, they have a very well paid job to do and should get on with it, they don't like it put in a transfer request.
If a manager is crap results must stop bang with him, sooner or later Eddie will suss him out.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:But it has to be planned rather than forced.
The board had better get a move on and get looking then, because its looking increasingly like a forced change is necessary through our shitness.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am

Hoboh wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Hoboh wrote:Then I'd sack Freedman and soon after despatch Eagles and anyone else involved.
Yes let's get rid of the whole lot on the strength of some internet conspiracy theory.
Try using your brain for once, players should never be allowed to decide who runs the club under any circumstances, they have a very well paid job to do and should get on with it, they don't like it put in a transfer request.
If a manager is crap results must stop bang with him, sooner or later Eddie will suss him out.
What makes you think it ever happened... apart from the internet conspiracy theory you quoted earlier?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:54 am

Hoboh wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Errrrr, what evidence is there to suggest that the players are deciding who runs the club?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Its just excuse number 23 or whatever we're up to. Manangement is all about managing, if there's a "players revolt" going on (it always sounds so melodramatic doesn't it? Tabloid fodder at its best) ultimately some of the blame must lie with how the situation is being managed.

So, in conclusion, do I think that the players have downed tools and not won a game since Lenny Lawrence was a manager because they're a bit peeved with Dougie's management style? No. I think you'd have to be a bit simple to think its as simple as that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:29 pm

the players have dougie holed up in the dressing room (which he eventually found) - they are waving their studded boots at him in a threatening manner and saying "grrrrrr......" Eagles's yellow boots look especially scary (dougie is said to be very worried about the safety of his family...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Managers 'losing the dressing-room' is from the same meaningless tabloid bullshittery category as 'mind-games' and 'managerial feuds'.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

What was being said after true game Megson was sacked?

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:39 pm

ChrisC wrote:Seen Beckford today in the Trafford centre. Asked what was going wrong this season and all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and a "dunno mate"

Comes across as someone who really couldn't give a flying feck.
feel embarassed for you

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 pm

James B wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Seen Beckford today in the Trafford centre. Asked what was going wrong this season and all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and a "dunno mate"

feel embarassed for you
Really?

Do you think I just yelled over to him like a yob? I was sat down having a conversation with him in Starbucks.. Just asking how he was settling in etc.. Then asked what he thought was going wrong.

Really pisses me off this forum lately. Everyone is looking for an argument or to have a dig.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm

jaffka wrote:What was being said after true game Megson was sacked?
Damn feckin predictive text.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:51 pm

jaffka wrote:
Strangely enough I understood it perfectly, which is more than I can say about the majority of posts.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 pm

What?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:
James B wrote:

feel embarassed for you
Really?

Do you think I just yelled over to him like a yob? I was sat down having a conversation with him in Starbucks.. Just asking how he was settling in etc.. Then asked what he thought was going wrong.

Really pisses me off this forum lately. Everyone is looking for an argument or to have a dig.

Say much else
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Strangely enough I understood it perfectly, which is more than I can say about the majority of posts.
Mine or others?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

jaffka wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Mine or others?
All of 'em mate. Everybody's. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Mine or others?
All of 'em mate. Everybody's. :D
:lol:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BL3 wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I don't want to be a hire and fire club but I don't see the option right now.
Since the 2011/12 season, Forest have had five managers. They now appear to have the right person in charge. It can work.
They may well do, but time of course will tell. Davies never managed to get them over the line in his previous spell. Also their new owners pumping cash in is probably just as significant.

It is as easy to draw on the Wolves example. And I think their downward spiral is more analagous to where we are as a club right now.

If we make a change we absolutely have to get it right. If that means someone for a short term turnaround then so be it. But it has to be planned rather than forced.
Wolves plight wasn't down to the fact they kept sacking their manager's though, it was that they wouldn't stop appointing shit ones. Had they gone straight for Jackett when they came down, they wouldn't have gotten into the mess Solbakken and then Sauders got them in to.

Alternatively, had they stuck with Saunders for no reason other than a vague moral aversion to sacking managers, who know's how far they'd have dropped.