Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: Freedman out!

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 pm

But he's doing great things behind the scenes don't you know?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:39 pm

jonnycooper wrote:And who is this Messiah that Northampton own !
A Mr Adrian Boothroyd.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:44 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
We're backing the wrong horse. Anyone who still thinks Freedman should be our manager is either deluded or they must have resigned themselves to mediocrity because it's clear he is incapable of taking us forward.
Totally agree. The best players for us today were Danns and McNaughton, 2 loan signings brought in by a desperate manager who claims he doesn't like the loan market. He is clinging on by the skin of his teeth because of other people's players. I defended him last season when we were struggling because I tried to look for the positives and I thought he and the team might develop. We'll get the odd win because we have some reasonable players in a poor league, but these are in spite of Freedman not because of him.
He's negative, he's uninspiring, he's arrogant and condescending and the sooner he feck* off the better.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Boothroyds just left Northampton, who are bottom of the football league

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:46 pm

mrkint wrote:Boothroyds just left Northampton, who are bottom of the football league
Come one Dan! Seriously? :conf:

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:47 pm

I was just replying to him is all!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:49 pm

mrkint wrote:I was just replying to him is all!
Me too, was just using your quote for illustrative purposes.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:52 pm

jonnycooper wrote:What a turnaround at Derby since they dispensed with their messiah!!! JSL
You are very correct. I live very close to the central bastion of Ramsville, and the moaning that went on when Cloughie the not quite Clough was kicked out was almost universal. Most of the bad-mouthers have changed tune within weeks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
We're backing the wrong horse. Anyone who still thinks Freedman should be our manager is either deluded or they must have resigned themselves to mediocrity because it's clear he is incapable of taking us forward.
Totally agree. The best players for us today were Danns and McNaughton, 2 loan signings brought in by a desperate manager who claims he doesn't like the loan market. He is clinging on by the skin of his teeth because of other people's players. I defended him last season when we were struggling because I tried to look for the positives and I thought he and the team might develop. We'll get the odd win because we have some reasonable players in a poor league, but these are in spite of Freedman not because of him.
He's negative, he's uninspiring, he's arrogant and condescending and the sooner he feck off the better.
Spot on, mate.

The worrying thing for me is that the board and some fans still backed Freedman after the first 10 games of the season. If not winning a game in almost a quarter of the season isn't enough reason to sack a manager, what is? Will it take 12 games without a win to sack him? 15? It's a joke. We have a poor side compared to the team Allardyce assembled years ago but for this league, we should be in or around the play off spots at least.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:28 pm

This time last week we were 7 points off a relegation spot. Today we are 6 points off a relegation spot. ( unless a mid afternoon drink has fecked me maths up)

How many times............c a r c r a s h h a p p e n i n g . A s i t d i d w i t h O C.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:31 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
mrkint wrote:Boothroyds just left Northampton, who are bottom of the football league
Many manager have struggled at some football clubs and done well at others. Mourinhio was clueless at Benfica (they finished 6th under him) look at what he has done since, should point out that Boothroyd took Watford up the premiership with a much weaker team then what we have at the moment.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:37 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Many manager have struggled at some football clubs and done well at others. Mourinhio was clueless at Benfica (they finished 6th under him) look at what he has done since, should point out that Boothroyd took Watford up the premiership with a much weaker team then what we have at the moment.
Dan, stop being a dick and just f**k off with this bollox.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Il Pirate wrote:This time last week we were 7 points off a relegation spot. Today we are 6 points off a relegation spot. ( unless a mid afternoon drink has fecked me maths up)

How many times............c a r c r a s h h a p p e n i n g . A s i t d i d w i t h O C.
Fair enough but who's out there who is going to turn it round for us? In all seriousness, I'm not picking a fight just interested to hear who The Wandererites would like as a possible new manager. Personally, I'd let Jimmy Phillips have a go as it can't be any worse with LSL as his assistant
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I have given my opinion and have been told to f**k off.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I have given my opinion and have been told to f**k off.
He's right though.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:43 pm

My question, seriously, is how many of us would have taken the piss out of a potential Schteve takeover?
I would suggest, most.
Therefore, despite bish's it's all a gamble stance, I think, realistically there are many more options available to us than Doug 'family jeopardy' Freedmon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Welcome to the world where there are other grown ups apart from teachers and your parents.

Now still f**k off with the Boothroyd bollox.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Well Malky will be free very soon, he'd do for me. And I would rather see Jimmy in charge than Dougie, although clearly it wouldn't be ideal.
Thing is, I can't see it happening unless ED loses his rag, because PG has a vested interest. When Dougie goes, then so must Gartside, he's been in that role far too long, and he's appointed too many bad managers.
I just think even if his plan starts to work and we get some results, the football will still be boring safety-first shite, and I don't want to watch it.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:57 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Well Malky will be free very soon, he'd do for me. And I would rather see Jimmy in charge than Dougie, although clearly it wouldn't be ideal.
Thing is, I can't see it happening unless ED loses his rag, because PG has a vested interest. When Dougie goes, then so must Gartside, he's been in that role far too long, and he's appointed too many bad managers.
I just think even if his plan starts to work and we get some results, the football will still be boring safety-first shite, and I don't want to watch it.
This.

Obviously I want us to be winning, and playing well and 'going places'. In which case I can't want the manager to fail ... but seeing as he's failing anyway the only possible reasons for keeping him would be ;

i. No-one to replace him with
ii. All the invisible/background stuff he's doing

Even if his Plan A was succeeding that promises turgid football of a defensive style. That would struggle to excite me anyway. As it's failing I can barely see the point.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:07 pm

jaffka wrote:
Welcome to the world where there are other grown ups apart from teachers and your parents.

Now still f**k off with the Boothroyd bollox.
Firstly parent not parents, secondly I know more about the real world than 99% of people of my age and thirdly I certainly know enough about the real world to know that when somebody offers up an opinion if the only possible response a full grown man can give is "f**k off" because your opinion is different, then it becomes embarrassing for all concerned. In simple when I offer up an opinion you disagree you would probably look a bit more intellectual if you made a counter argument that didn't consist of purely "feck off".