Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Il Pirate wrote:This time last week we were 7 points off a relegation spot. Today we are 6 points off a relegation spot. ( unless a mid afternoon drink has fecked me maths up)

How many times............c a r c r a s h h a p p e n i n g . A s i t d i d w i t h O C.
Bang on
We'll exit this division theough the trap door, just like wolves, leeds, southampton etc etc

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:18 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Fair enough but who's out there who is going to turn it round for us? In all seriousness, I'm not picking a fight just interested to hear who The Wandererites would like as a possible new manager.
I'll say what I said before the chancing know-nowt, laughable excuse for a manager joined us a year ago.
We just need someone who knows what he's doing.
Not behind the scenes.
But right up, in your face, on the fecking pitch front of the scenes.
Businesswoman of the year.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:25 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:This time last week we were 7 points off a relegation spot. Today we are 6 points off a relegation spot. ( unless a mid afternoon drink has fecked me maths up)

How many times............c a r c r a s h h a p p e n i n g . A s i t d i d w i t h O C.
Fair enough but who's out there who is going to turn it round for us? In all seriousness, I'm not picking a fight just interested to hear who The Wandererites would like as a possible new manager. Personally, I'd let Jimmy Phillips have a go as it can't be any worse with LSL as his assistant

I nailed my flag to the mast a long, long time ago, Zico; when OC was in charge. I would ( and it is only my opinion of course); like to offer Ole Gunnar Solksaar (?) apologies if misspelt, a chance to get back into the english game (if he wants it). With *cough* Gary Neville as assistant. Or even offer Nevile the chance on his own. He's qualified, maybe could be employed on a contract which is fair and acceptable to both parties, has a feckin' heap of experience of playing at the highest level, so knows what it takes to win games and can't be any worse than what we have now. If we keep treading water, I fear the same will happen as happened when we watched OC take us in slow mo to relegation. Unfortunately, the next drop is a massive one.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Why Solksjaer though?

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Why Solksjaer though?

Again, a real student of the game. Learned at the highest level. As much as I, and many on here have a hate , hate, relationship with the team he played for; they were one of the most succesful trophy winning teams of the recent era. He learned a great deal from the most succesful manager of the era. He is winning things, ( albeit in Norway) with his current side and is well respected within 'the game' as someone who will one day ( with us?) be a very good and succesful manager. And as a change, I think he would do the club a world of good, as we have had two managers in three years who have failed to produce anything like winning football. We, as a club, are in a massive slump. This needs to be addressed urgently. As mentioned in my previous post, the next drop is a massive one, and one which as a club, town and community can ill afford.
Last edited by Il Pirate on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd take Malcy Mackay tomorrow, but if Gary Neville ever comes near the club, I won't be going again.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'd take Malcy Mackay tomorrow, but if Gary Neville ever comes near the club, I won't be going again.

If he got us promoted and won a trophy, you'd have a change of heart Bob.................

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Didn't Solskjaer turn us down before we had even offered it to him last time?

Neville has little to no knowledge of the Championship that I'm aware of; and I'm not sure that he would leave his role as England coach with a World Cup in the summer.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

Again, a real student of the game. Learned at the highest level. As much as I, and many on here have a hate , hate, relationship with the team he played for; they were one of the most succesful trophy winning teams of the recent era. He learned a great deal from the most succesful manager of the era. He is winning things, ( albeit in Norway) with his current side and is well respected within 'the game' as someone who will one day ( with us?) be a very good and succesful manager. And as a change, I think he would do the club a world of good, as we have had two managers in three years who have failed to produce anything like winning football. We, as a club, are in a massive slump. This needs to be addressed urgently. As mentioned in my previous post, the next drop is a massive one, and one which as a club, town and community can ill afford.
Who may one day, be a good manager........don't think we should be the learning club though...

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Neville has little to no knowledge of the Championship that I'm aware of;

But feckin' lots of champions league though eh?................ :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 pm

As does Roy Keane!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:11 pm

And I think Dougie is also 'a student of the game'! No objection to Solskjaer really though. Don't care about Man Utd connections. Just want a decent manager who can the players giving it a good go, and who doesn't treat Yeovil like Barcelona.

Anyway, we're talking like he's gone.... wishful thinking.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:And I think Dougie is also 'a student of the game'! No objection to Solskjaer really though. Don't care about Man Utd connections. Just want a decent manager who can the players giving it a good go, and who doesn't treat Yeovil like Barcelona.

Anyway, we're talking like he's gone.... wishful thinking.
He should be.

Sorry, but he should.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:28 pm

He goes though and who will phil lump us with next? Thats what i cant get over at the moment. He cant pick a good manager and there are no good ones who will come anyway! We're f*cked!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 pm

understandably the anti DF sentiment is higher tonight - wheres that poll gone ? - and the Df supporters seem to be lying low.

back in October Enoch was saying about giving dougie more time and I asked how long should he be given. I couldnt draw an answer then, but just wondered (from the pro and con DF camps what the concensus of opinion is now ?

to me if we keep him to the end of the season - suspect mid table, but worried of having a flirt with relegation. wonder what he would be given and do in the jan window

I'm still in the camp that thinks we have a relative wealth of players who should be competing at the top end. so I don't think any new manager needs the jan window. however its simply a case of what we want from this season - is it a write off. To me its still retrievable,but only just and if we want to have a chance he's got to go now

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Il Pirate wrote:

Solskjær turned his nose up at the bolton job didn't he? - or refused to talk to PG as I understand, when OC got sacked and PG was "looking for an up-and-coming young manager"

I have a lot of time for Solskjær (with Neville alongside would be splendid in my book) - I don't buy into this "I hate United and everyone associated with it" attitude. If somebody can do a job for us and puts his heart and soull into BWFC I don't care what backgropund they might come from, as long as they are gooood

Surely City are more hate-worthy?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:Surely City are more hate-worthy?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

No.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

Solskjær turned his nose up at the bolton job didn't he? - or refused to talk to PG as I understand, when OC got sacked and PG was "looking for an up-and-coming young manager"

I have a lot of time for Solskjær (with Neville alongside would be splendid in my book) - I don't buy into this "I hate United and everyone associated with it" attitude. If somebody can do a job for us and puts his heart and soull into BWFC I don't care what backgropund they might come from, as long as they are gooood

Then I suggest you take a long look at yourself in the mirror.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:49 am

There is a lot of talk of Dougie outers and supporters. There is a fairly large (IMO) 3rd camp, that admittedly is diminishing in favour of the outers. The 3rd camp is the 'Don't think Dougie is doing a great job, but are fearful of the merry-go-round' camp.

I'll get this in early; I didn't think appointing Dougie was a good decision. In fact I thought it was a poor one, but figured we need to get behind someone and stick with them.

I'm now of the opinion that Dougie needs to go unless there is a sudden and radical sustained transformation. Do I believe that will happen (the transformation)? No. The issue I have is that before we dispense with the services of yet another poor/average manager, we need to have a proper decent one lined up. Unless there is a good candidate we will end up with another Johnny Come Lately, who will tinker around with staff and players, costing a good few million quid and a result fairly close to what we have now. The cycle repeats over the decades until we get lucky and stumble upon an Allardyce or Rioch. Meanwhile Uncle Eddie can't last forever and the underwriting of the mess dries up. I firmly believe the decision on firing of Dougie and hiring the next guy will dictate if we have any hope of not joining the likes of Coventry.

With Dougie we're just going to stumble around the Championship for the next few seasons. Lets get rid, but wait until we have the right replacement available, even if that means waiting months.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:42 am

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

:shock: , I celebrated city winning the league simply because it stopped united winning the league.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.