He's top notch

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

kcd32
Hopeful
Hopeful

He's top notch

Post by kcd32 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 pm

hiya trotters, just to inform you kev had another cracking game today, and i would personally like to thank all those at horwich who gave him the opportunity to join us , All the best for this season

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: He's top notch

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Are you trolling?? Or just very sincere :conf:

Most of us on here like Kev...

But, like Jussi, it was no longer the right place or the right time for either.

kcd32
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kcd32 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Not at all, i have an interest in you lot, my family is pne/bolton split. Just not sure you would be in this position if he was playing for you

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 pm

kcd32 wrote:hiya trotters, just to inform you kev had another cracking game today, and i would personally like to thank all those at horwich who gave him the opportunity to join us , All the best for this season
Haaa, ha, ha, ha.

Wait till Emma gets stuck in the moment he isn't cuddled enough.

How is Division 3 these days ? I'm genuinely interested.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

kcd32
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kcd32 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
kcd32 wrote:hiya trotters, just to inform you kev had another cracking game today, and i would personally like to thank all those at horwich who gave him the opportunity to join us , All the best for this season
Haaa, ha, ha, ha.

Wait till Emma gets stuck in the moment he isn't cuddled enough.

How is Division 3 these days ? I'm genuinely interested.
Id love to divulge, but bet to wait and see for yourself :D

kcd32
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kcd32 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 pm

Honestly though, were the fans happy he left , not fussed, not happy, because where i'm watching from, he's different class in this league.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Think most people on here agreed the time was right for him to leave, he'd fallen out of favour with the manager and best to remember him as a legend. I'd put myself in this camp too

Few were happy so to speak to see him leave but those that were are hardly witnessing his replacements banging them in for fun. Some players just need a change of scenery.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:41 pm

I was against him leaving because the influence of people like Davies is important at a football club. On the pitch, I think he could have still be useful in quite a few games but it's when we're in situations like the one we're currently in that you look to leaders to inspire the rest of the team. Unfortunately, Freedman got rid of Davies, Andrews and Ricketts who could have all done that job. Freedman talks a lot about 'character' yet he still chose to get rid of three players with bags of experience and respect, in order to bring in some others who supposedly have the right personality, which I find odd. We've had 'character' but Freedman chose to get rid of them in favour of youth, which has now come back to bite him.

I think Davies could have been useful as a squad player, in pretty much the same role as what Giggs does now at United apart from the coaching. Andrews and Ricketts could have been first choice replacements in case of injuries or whatever. None of these three would play regularly for me, especially not Davies, but I think all three had qualities that are hard to replace. Unfortunately, I don't think we have replaced them.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:03 am

That's because, give or take, they were on a combined 60k a fecking week. To sit on the bench.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 am

Prufrock wrote:That's because, give or take, they were on a combined 60k a fecking week. To sit on the bench.
We paid Ricketts to cancel his contract, which would have been costly, and Davies' contract ran out. We could have offered a deal structured around his appearances or something like that. The Andrews deal may make financial sense although if he is on a big wage, there's no way Brighton will be paying 100% of that fee and considering we brought in Danns for his 'character', whose best position is central midfield like Andrews, I doubt we're saving a lot of money by loaning Andrews out and bringing in Danns. That's all hypothetical, of course, but I'd be highly surprised if we're saving a lot of money on those two deals.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 am

We paid Ricketts off coz Wolves couldn't afford a transfer fee. Free? Certainly not. But it wont have been close to full whack, or else what's the point. I'd have tried to keep Davo on a cut wage but we have no idea what was talked about. Brighton are apparently covering half Andrews' wages.

All in all I'd be surprised if that's not 30kpw off the wage bill. That's far too high for three bench warmers.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 am

This thread has me thinking...would Davies have contributed less than Ngog and Beckford if he were still here? I'm not so sure :lol:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:23 am

Vertigo wrote:This thread has me thinking...would Davies have contributed less than Ngog and Beckford if he were still here? I'm not so sure :lol:
No clearly not. But at the time it seemed the right thing to do. That the other strikers are terrible will always make it look like the wrong decision, but you can't judge things by Beckford's and Ngog's form this season. Dougie has nailed his colours to the mast with Beckford, and can't seem to get the best out of him individually or as part of the team. That's a separate issue and one which will get him sacked i think.
Fact is we should be looking at better than what SKD was serving up last couple of seasons. Happens quite regularly that player has a final flourish after a move late in his career. Good luck to him, hope he helps them up.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:45 am

I like how all the other clubs in the north west now refer to us a Horwich :D . I quite liked KD but I prefer his replacements however most on here will tell you I am deluded so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 am

It's nice when a new signing comes in and makes a noticeable difference.

Shame that we are stuck with 2 dogshit strikers.

N'Gog has no bottle and needs feckin off as soon as possible.

Beckford is a billy big head, what's with all the hugging and patting everyone else prior to kick off. He should just keep he his head down and do what he should. He is no where near good enough either in ability or in his own head.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

Davies' ego had outgrown the club. Glad he's doing well for you. He needed to be the biggest fish in the pond.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm

It was right SKD left when he did but I'm made up if he's doing well at PNE. I see his goal scoring record appears to have followed him though
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Davies' ego had outgrown the club. Glad he's doing well for you. He needed to be the biggest fish in the pond.
Ut hum Ian Hulme!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

kcd32
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kcd32 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:It was right SKD left when he did but I'm made up if he's doing well at PNE. I see his goal scoring record appears to have followed him though
We knew he was never going to be 15-20 goal a season man, but his hold up play , little flicks round the corner , aerial present has brought the best out of the other players.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:47 pm

kcd32 wrote:Not at all, i have an interest in you lot, my family is pne/bolton split. Just not sure you would be in this position if he was playing for you

No we wouldn't. But we couldn't have forseen it. Myself? I'd have liked the club to have found him a roll at the Wanderers, following his unstinting loyalty, which during the age he played for us, was very hard to find in football. I wish him all the best at PNE and hope he continues to scare defenders to death and keeps scoring. I have a letter from SKD, sent last season when he was our club captain, following a request from a mate of mine. I won't go into details, but when coming out of a coma, it was one of the things which aided my recovery to the point that I can still write s hite on here. I wish him well.