Do Owls poo in the Reebok woods?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Do Owls poo in the Reebok woods?

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:We've already got an Eagle owl, a Knight owl and one or two Couldn't hit a barn owls. :|
Agree. It's owl a bit silly...

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:We've already got an Eagle owl, a Knight owl and one or two Couldn't hit a barn owls. :|
A special mention to the most common owl in Britain...

...the tea towel.
Hope is what keeps us going.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 pm

oh dear, I nearly 'owled in pain at that one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Enoch wrote:Spearing! You'd probably get some decent odds there.
They'd be decent for a reason.

Mind you, I've got a feeling in me bones....

It's probably nerves.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:31 pm

scotty wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:I'm off to this one with a Wednesday supporting mate and someone who is, at best, neutral. Still, their money is as good as anyone's...

Quick q. Have you been to the Fanzone. Is it any good? For some reason, I have never ventured to one before, but I'm staying at the Reebok so it's a choice between Scott's / Harvester and there.

Anyway... I'm predicting a win. I was at Wednesday with the same mate last year when we actually won. Away. So I'm taking that as a good omen. 2-0, Beckford and Spearing. Job done.
They usually have one of the lunchtime ko's on the big screen, serve pies etc and beer out of bottles/cans. S'alright.
Or draft beers if you prefer. Make sure you each have a Home match ticket or they won't let you in.
Tickets won't be a problem - but cheers for flagging up, BP! And cheers for the review, Scotty.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:47 pm

COYWM...

Sorry, couldn't help it. This has been amongst the longest two weeks in my life. Roll on 2022, not.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Surely Medo cant hit the post again?

I mean he'll probably shoot wide but still.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:03 am

Fanzone would be bottom of that list. depends what time you are starting, ie, if your gonna be early enough to get a table then its Scotts all day.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Barefoot Wanderer wrote:
Has anyone mentioned Alan Gowling, Anthony Barn(owl)ness and baby owl Chic(k) Charnley?

OWL FACTS.

Owl's do not go twit-twoo. One of 'em goes 'twit' and the 'twoo' is anotherone calling back. It's only one species that does this but I can't be arsed finding out which one.

As birds of prey go Owls are pretty thick. Most of their brain is taken up by their massive eyes making them difficult to train. The concept of the 'wise old owl' is bullshit and you can tell anyone who says otherwise to feck off.

We used to have some trees behind our house until the council chopped them down. I was glad because owls lived in it and used to keep me awake all night with their hooting. I caught one once and tried to wring it's neck. I gave up after about an hour.

OWL JOKES.

Two owls playing pool and one commits a foul. First one says 'Two 'its' and the other one goes 'two 'its to who?' Although why he wouldn't know if they were playing pool is beyond me. I suppose that just re-enforces the stupidity of owls but actually enforces their honesty.

q. Why don't owls kiss in the rain?
a Because it's too wet to woo (twit twoo)

Q what is an owl favourite party food?
A mushrew vole au vents (shrew vole)

So after owl that I reggon we'll draw this one one-owl (one all).

I don't really two-nil to the Bo(w)lton.

Yeah 'egg' I said 'egg'.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 pm

^ amphetamine overdose Coffey?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:02 pm

The concept of the 'wise old owl' is bullshit and you can tell anyone who says otherwise to feck off.
:lol: :lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 pm

coffeymagic wrote: Owl's do not go twit-twoo. One of 'em goes 'twit' and the 'twoo' is anotherone calling back. It's only one species that does this but I can't be arsed finding out which one.
It's the Tawny, Tony

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:28 pm

I am worried about this game, they were on a similar run last season and came here and won 0-1.

They have only lost one game away this season and that was to a Lingard début inspired Birmingham.

We always seem to play worse against teams on a bad run and end up gifting them the game.

If we were playing this the week after our first win I would be more optimistic, but the memory of that win now seems a very distant memory.

I think we may just win 2-1 but will probably have to go a goal down before we come to life.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:18 pm

ANDRE MORITZ: The Brazilian could feature against Sheffield Wednesday this weekend having recovered from a groin injury.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:27 pm

He doesn't even get a game when he's not just come back from an injury.

Can't see that changing anytime soon. Will be amazed if he plays any part.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:20 pm

nay bother - it's pretty much in the bag...
Manager has high hopes ahead of Saturday's clash with the Owls

Dougie Freedman is confident that his side can capitalise on their win against Birmingham last time out by securing their first home victory of the season against Sheffield Wednesday this weekend.

Wanderers welcome their Yorkshire counterparts to the Reebok Stadium on the back of an impressive result at St Andrew’s a fortnight ago, while Dave Jones’ Wednesday side have failed to win any of their opening ten games.

Despite the Owls’ testing situation of late however, the manager believes that Saturday’s clash will be one where his team cannot afford to underestimate the opposition.

“The games are very tight in this division and they are often settled on one or two goals maximum, so we will treat the Sheffield Wednesday game as we do any other,” he said in his pre-match press conference.

“They’ve got one or two fantastic players in their team and Dave Jones knows what he’s doing.

“We’ve got to make sure we approach it in the right way and maintain the intensity that we play with at home and hopefully we’ll get the result that the performances have merited over the past few home games.”

With the Whites’ recent loan acquisitions now settled into life at the Reebok, the manager explained the importance of bringing fresh faces into the club when opportunities arise.

“Change is good sometimes, especially with players - sometimes you can get it where the squad becomes a little stale and it’s also good for the fans as well.

“A couple of players left in the summer and we replaced them, but we’ve also brought in the three loan signings which have done very well for us.

“Unfortunately we only have one game a week for the next month, but then we go into the very busy period of December where last season we didn’t really have the squad rotation to do well over the Christmas period.

“I remember us playing well but not picking up the points, so I’m going to make sure that we’ve got a good strong squad to rotate because that is key.

“The players have got that little bit of competition now which is great – people are now under pressure for places and nobody is guaranteed their spot which I think is healthy.”

He added: “We have a full strength squad which is very good for us – we’re in a different place to where we were a couple of weeks ago so I think if we can maintain the performances which we’ve shown and take one or two opportunities when they come our way, then we’ll have enough to win the game.”

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:53 pm

thebish wrote:nay bother - it's pretty much in the bag...
Manager has high hopes ahead of Saturday's clash with the Owls

Dougie Freedman is confident that his side can capitalise on their win against Birmingham last time out by securing their first home victory of the season against Sheffield Wednesday this weekend.

Wanderers welcome their Yorkshire counterparts to the Reebok Stadium on the back of an impressive result at St Andrew’s a fortnight ago, while Dave Jones’ Wednesday side have failed to win any of their opening ten games.

Despite the Owls’ testing situation of late however, the manager believes that Saturday’s clash will be one where his team cannot afford to underestimate the opposition.

“The games are very tight in this division and they are often settled on one or two goals maximum, so we will treat the Sheffield Wednesday game as we do any other,” he said in his pre-match press conference.

“They’ve got one or two fantastic players in their team and Dave Jones knows what he’s doing.

“We’ve got to make sure we approach it in the right way and maintain the intensity that we play with at home and hopefully we’ll get the result that the performances have merited over the past few home games.”

With the Whites’ recent loan acquisitions now settled into life at the Reebok, the manager explained the importance of bringing fresh faces into the club when opportunities arise.

“Change is good sometimes, especially with players - sometimes you can get it where the squad becomes a little stale and it’s also good for the fans as well.

“A couple of players left in the summer and we replaced them, but we’ve also brought in the three loan signings which have done very well for us.

“Unfortunately we only have one game a week for the next month, but then we go into the very busy period of December where last season we didn’t really have the squad rotation to do well over the Christmas period.

“I remember us playing well but not picking up the points, so I’m going to make sure that we’ve got a good strong squad to rotate because that is key.

“The players have got that little bit of competition now which is great – people are now under pressure for places and nobody is guaranteed their spot which I think is healthy.”

He added: “We have a full strength squad which is very good for us – we’re in a different place to where we were a couple of weeks ago so I think if we can maintain the performances which we’ve shown and take one or two opportunities when they come our way, then we’ll have enough to win the game.”
Nailed on win for them then.......

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Dougie Freedman wrote: “They’ve got one or two fantastic players in their team and Dave Jones knows what he’s doing.
I had us down for a win but if he's starting to go all Coyle on us, I'm worried.

Optimism rules though. 3-1 win for t'Trotters :oyea:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 pm

5-0 to the super whites

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am

There's one game every season where we absolutely thump the opposition. This season, it's tomorrow. 3-0, mid table beckons.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.