A Visit from the 1973 Texaco Cup winners 'The Tractor Boys'

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tips?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:23 pm

We Win
29%
We Draw
39%
We Lose
21%
Freedman Sacked!
11%

Total votes: 28

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: A Visit from the 1973 Texaco Cup winners 'The Tractor Bo

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:51 pm

ChrisC wrote:We all know that Dougie is at the end of the road with us and it's going to happen at some point, I just don't see the point in calling him every name under the sun week in week out.
You do realize that you don't have to read any of it, or respond to it, right?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:51 pm

A few months ago although I knew that Freedman was an absolutely poor apprentice manager, he was still quite likable and many fans still wanted him to succeed. However, over the past month or so his 'utter bullshit' WTF post match interviews have become insulting, he's now not far off becoming a hated BWFC manager almost Megson esq.

He really is a very naïve (with a very high opinion of himself) egotistical, up his own arse shite clueless manager - I actually have now started to seriously dislike him and want him out of the club now before he does even more damage. I don't want to hear 1 more bullshit comment from him about changing this and changing that he couldn't change a fecking nappy the useless feck.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Had a lovely afternoon in Lytham but couldn't resist listening to the second half on gmr. A point sounded like a fair result??

What frustrates me is that all week long he bigs up Moritz as someone who we have missed, the man who can unlock a defence..........and then fails to play him. Draws just aren't good enough at home and what worries me is the Dougie doesn't seem to have the wherewithall to change it. A win next week would change the complexion of things, but anyone's money should be on a draw.

I'm not panicking yet, but the neither were Wolves fans at this point last season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:17 pm

95th minute. We're at home to Ipswich and it's 1-1. It's at this point that Coyle junior decides he needs to bring Darren Pratley on.
WTF?
What game changing master plan did he have in mind involving Pratters that would've won it in those last ten seconds?
Well we'll never know because he'd left it so fcking late the whistle had gone before the 4th official could even set his board up.

Clueless. Absolutely clueless.
Businesswoman of the year.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 pm

Been watching the whites for circa 20 years that I can remember. So Bruce Rioch old div 3.

I cant remember a worse team. I think we're well on for a tour of the lower leagues again...whether we change manager or not. The team is lacking character and quality. Neil Danns, on loan from Leicester reserves has made a difference!

It's amazing how quickly we have fallen, and worrying that we haven't hit the ground yet.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Conference north here we come and local derbies with hyde!
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Disgusting. Ipswich equalised, and Dougie took off a striker for a misfiring winger. No interest at all in chasing 3 points.

And WTF was the point in trying to bring Pratley on with the 5 minutes injury time already gone?

Feck off, Dougie.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:04 pm

17th of April 2011. So full of hope, a cup final, maybe European competition again. To this. 'Nuff said.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Disgusting. Ipswich equalised, and Dougie took off a striker for a misfiring winger. No interest at all in chasing 3 points.

And WTF was the point in trying to bring Pratley on with the 5 minutes injury time already gone?

Feck off, Dougie.
Pratley seemed to storm off down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went .
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:23 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Disgusting. Ipswich equalised, and Dougie took off a striker for a misfiring winger. No interest at all in chasing 3 points.

Feck off, Dougie.
Eagles had been waiting to come on for a while before we scored. I sit right next to the bench. I actually though Knight was coming on because he went sprinting when we scored!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:27 pm

It's a poor result and shows where we really are this season.

Duggie is looking all fur coat and no knickers.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:10 pm

well. Thought we were better than last week (not hard), but its still pretty boring, dysfunctional and uninspiring stuff. Did their keeper have to make a save in the match - can't remember one ?

Thought we started Ok for first 20 mins but that they then shaded the first half overall. 2nd half - pretty even, although again they had the better chances.

Lonergan - OK, Mills & Ream OK. Baptiste & McN - pants. Spearing - too similar & deep; Chungy & Danns - can either of them beat a man. Ngog & Beckford - pants.

Starting to become very worried. 1 because we are in a relagtion fight and I'm not convinced we have the manager to get us out of it. 2 because the whole experience is making me as apathetic as I've ever been in watching them for 40 odd years

on the bright side our point at burnley is looking like a good result !

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:24 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:well. Thought we were better than last week (not hard), but its still pretty boring, dysfunctional and uninspiring stuff. Did their keeper have to make a save in the match - can't remember one ?

Thought we started Ok for first 20 mins but that they then shaded the first half overall. 2nd half - pretty even, although again they had the better chances.

Lonergan - OK, Mills & Ream OK. Baptiste & McN - pants. Spearing - too similar & deep; Chungy & Danns - can either of them beat a man. Ngog & Beckford - pants.

Starting to become very worried. 1 because we are in a relagtion fight and I'm not convinced we have the manager to get us out of it. 2 because the whole experience is making me as apathetic as I've ever been in watching them for 40 odd years

on the bright side our point at burnley is looking like a good result !
He caught a very weak headed shot from CYL in the first half and pushed a CYL shot over the bar in the 2nd half. Otherwise, was somewhat untroubled.
Hope is what keeps us going.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Riviman wrote:

Feck off, Dougie.
I think we can cut Dougie some slack for the attempted Pratley substitution. I think he wanted to take off Danns because of his cramp and was struggling to track back?

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm

enrdentw wrote:
Riviman wrote:

Feck off, Dougie.
I think we can cut Dougie some slack for the attempted Pratley substitution. I think he wanted to take off Danns because of his cramp and was struggling to track back?
No, we can't. If he was gonna make a third substitution, it should have been 10 minutes earlier, and he should have put Craig Davies on.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:39 pm

It wasn't quite the toothache of last week, but it was very, very dull.

Several players - Danns, Lee, Ream had - not bad games. No one played well.

We are in serious danger, folks. I agrree with officer_dibble that this is our worst team for 20 tears. The Rioch Div 3 side would beat this lot in their current form. There is no drive, very little threat, no real pace, a very fragile defence, a midfield that all too often leaves what masquerades as our attack unsupported.

As soon as Ipswich equalised you could see belief ooze out of them. There was not one chance that we would go at them again.

We have no leaders in our team. I'd kill for a Kevin Nolan now. The results are bad. The apathy on the pitch is worse. The crowd is thinning and the atmosphere is getting sourer by the game.

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 pm

DF played for a draw WTF?

Nacy-Boy Eagles on for a striker :doh:

and then to top it off he says this:

"Manager says he will now look to change the system when his side take a lead" :lol:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/free ... hmp4LQy.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to go dougie, amateurish at best

Barefoot Wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barefoot Wanderer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Ooh. Positive?

LONERGAN (more of that plz)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:20 pm

enough of this not scoring enough shit. get zclough in for the next game. with n'dogshit doing the last ten mins .

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm usually an optimistic soul and sorry to have a go at you Chris C, but how on earth were you happy with that?

Their worst performance of the season yet they got the easiest point they'll ever manage. We seem to be set up to play some quick counter attacking football, yet we look pedestrian and by the time we get hold of the ball, the opposition have got 11 men back.

We were only going to score from a set piece because there is almost zero creativity.

And David Ngog. Feck me, it's just never gonna happen is it. Get shot asap
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"