The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:46 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... er_battle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:47 am

....Except for the fact that these parachute payments have been "mortgaged off" whatever that means???? (again allegedly) Maybe some expert can try and confirm this somewhere

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:53 am

Sounds like borrowing money against them as they're guaranteed future income. Is to improve cash position (cash is oxygen for business as we're seeing) but is really not ideal. I remember Leeds doing it with future ST sales.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:56 am

thebish wrote:
Enoch wrote:Is it only me and Insano that have social media, or can anyone else see all this shit?
we rely on you two modern things to keep us abreast of the twitterati... :D
Yeah, you hipster.

You'll be living in Shoreditch and sporting a long beard next, to go with those huge spacers in your ear lobes.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:01 am

I, for one, will gram any bit of good-sounding news and believe it until it deosn't happen!

so - I am gladdened that there is now talk of 3 or even 4 bidders - when before there was only whispering of two. maybr the much-maligned club is actually doing summat right - in that this last two weeks and the presence of Birch have made things happen and flushed out some actual bidders. if that's so - I say well done Birch! nowt was happening at all before he arrived...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 am

thebish wrote:I, for one, will gram any bit of good-sounding news and believe it until it deosn't happen!

so - I am gladdened that there is now talk of 3 or even 4 bidders - when before there was only whispering of two. maybr the much-maligned club is actually doing summat right - in that this last two weeks and the presence of Birch have made things happen and flushed out some actual bidders. if that's so - I say well done Birch! nowt was happening at all before he arrived...
Think there has been talk of 3 or 4 interested parties for a while. The situation seems to have forced hands.

Lennon in his interview said that the buyer will need to put down a "deposit" like buying a house in order to pay the bills and wages etc. Sounds like this is the £10M (or whatever amount being talked about). Fingers crossed things do now happen.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:05 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:I, for one, will gram any bit of good-sounding news and believe it until it deosn't happen!

Think there has been talk of 3 or 4 interested parties for a while. The situation seems to have forced hands.

Lennon in his interview said that the buyer will need to put down a "deposit" like buying a house in order to pay the bills and wages etc. Sounds like this is the £10M (or whatever amount being talked about). Fingers crossed things do now happen.

well - it's the first time I've seen the numbers 3 and 4 mentioned in this respect on here.

and i still say - good job Birch for making summat happen, even if there is a brink involved - there usually is when summat like this happens.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Neil Lennon says things are looking more optimistic re a takeover with a potential announcement next week.

He says 3 or 4 interested parties and it is "first past the post".
Rubbish, Lennon clearly knows now't, your pal Nixon the knob has said we are going bust so it cannot be true!
Are your reading and comprehension skills really that poor?
Excuse me knobhead you were spouting us bang by Friday, in that case Lennon's next week would be of fcuk all use!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:12 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Neil Lennon says things are looking more optimistic re a takeover with a potential announcement next week.

He says 3 or 4 interested parties and it is "first past the post".
Rubbish, Lennon clearly knows now't, your pal Nixon the knob has said we are going bust so it cannot be true!
Are your reading and comprehension skills really that poor?
Excuse me knobhead you were spouting us bang by Friday, in that case Lennon's next week would be of fcuk all use!
He said we would enter administration by Friday IF money wasn't received.

The Bolton News said early next week. Whatever the date that is very different to "bust by Friday under any circumstances".

And of course Friday may have been set as a deadline in order to flush people out. The point was and is that hopefully a deal is going to happen in time to save us from administration.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:16 pm

It's still raining I see!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:34 pm

57 pages of total shee ite and conjecture. Nobody apart from those involved know what's going on. As for 10 million, Amir would probably earn near 3 times that if he were to fight Manny Paquio in Vegas. It'll be reet. Although before we get an outcome, good or bad, this thread could give Plymouth's transfer saga a run for it's money........

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Il Pirate wrote:57 pages of total shee ite and conjecture. Nobody apart from those involved know what's going on. As for 10 million, Amir would probably earn near 3 times that if he were to fight Manny Paquio in Vegas. It'll be reet. Although before we get an outcome, good or bad, this thread could give Plymouth's transfer saga a run for it's money........

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:32 pm

They're his second team!

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:34 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:57 pages of total shee ite and conjecture. Nobody apart from those involved know what's going on. As for 10 million, Amir would probably earn near 3 times that if he were to fight Manny Paquio in Vegas. It'll be reet. Although before we get an outcome, good or bad, this thread could give Plymouth's transfer saga a run for it's money........

ha. canny lad covering his options

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:42 pm

FWIW he went to Istanbul to watch Liverpool in the CL final.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Athers wrote:FWIW he went to Istanbul to watch Liverpool in the CL final.
To be fair, had someone offered me a free jaunt to watch Liverpool in the CL Final, I reckon I'd have had a do.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:01 pm

True, I would've enjoyed the first half I reckon :)

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:28 pm

I don't give a shiny shite who he does or doesn't support.. Give us your dosh Amir!! :p

Shutt666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Shutt666 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Been reading for some while, even more so in such troubled times, but never took the time to register and join in.

Seen the same question cropping up a few times and as an Accountant thought I should register to repay some of the information I have leeched from you in the past.

First the Inland Revenue has a duty to the taxpayers to not worsen their position. So if Dec 1st they are owed say £1m and by Jan 1st that has risen to £1.1m they are obliged to take action, generally administration, to protect taxpayers money. They were given this power in return for giving up their rights as a preferential creditor, although there was talk last year about returning that right.

Secondly a few people ask why Eddie Davies would wind up his own company and lose all his investment. One reason why he would choose to do this is any Director of a Company can be held personally liable for any increase in the debt from the point he knows, or is expected to know, that the business is trading insolvently. Another reason is if the a business enters voluntary administration the Directors can choose the administrators provided crditors do not object. So if he knows the IR is about to wind the company up first, he can step in first.

I am not an expert on administration, but assuming legistlation is as it was when I was the accountant for the once mighty Gretna FC in 2007/08, this was the case then.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Good info, Shutt. Thanks for posting.