The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: The Debt.

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 pm

In light of the Nixon tweet, Iles has said the goalposts have not moved at all but that a new bunch of people are at the table and making an offer or at least talking to Davies about it

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/status/676477971142737921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:13 pm

TKIZ! wrote:In light of the Nixon tweet, Iles has said the goalposts have not moved at all but that a new bunch of people are at the table and making an offer or at least talking to Davies about it

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/status/676477971142737921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, I wish they'd make their mindses up.

Either the goalposts have moved, or they haven't. It must be easy eough to tell. Unless we're now soooo poor that we're using jumpers for goalposts ... coz they can be moved with no-one really noticing until there's a penalty and the kicker whinges about how "they're never 8 yards !" and comes down and kicks them wider, probably 10 yards wide.

This needs sorting out. Now !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palindromeofbolton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi folks

Sorry, I registered a few years back but soon discovered I had nothing useful to add (story of my life) so went back to lurking. Couldn't remember my username or the email address I used then so re-registered tonight - twice, coz I spent palindrome wrong the first time :whack:

Anyway, the current (final?!) plight has brought me out of hiding. :(

My good deed for today was to get Dave Spikey and Warburtons (hehe, had to chuckle at that) to retweet a link to a crowdfund campaign that's been set up. The plan being the funds go to help the backroom staff. https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/gavin-clements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As someone said, the target of £20k would only give each of the 300 around £65, but I guess the principle/gesture is important, plus whatever is raised could at least be targeted to do some good and help, in however small a manner, in the run up to Christmas. :conf: Someone donated £1k. Stu Holden tweeted that he donated, so reckon it's him. Top class if it was him. :oyea:

And you can put me down for a tenner to help kickstart AFC Bolton Phoenixes :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 pm

palindromeofbolton wrote:Hi folks

Sorry, I registered a few years back but soon discovered I had nothing useful to add (story of my life) so went back to lurking. Couldn't remember my username or the email address I used then so re-registered tonight - twice, coz I spent palindrome wrong the first time :whack:

My good deed for today was to get Dave Spikey and Warburtons (hehe, had to chuckle at that) to retweet a link to a crowdfund campaign that's been set up. The plan being the funds go to help the backroom staff. https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/gavin-clements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; As someone said, the target of £20k would only give each of the 300 around £65, but I guess the principle/gesture is important, plus whatever is raised could at least be targeted to do some good and help, in however small a manner, in the run up to Christmas. :conf: Someone donated £1k. Stu Holden tweeted that he donated, so reckon it's him. Top class if it was him. :oyea:

And you can put me down for a tenner to help kickstart AFC Bolton Phoenixes :oyea:
It's not stopped me clocking up over 5000 posts. Welcome back!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:34 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
palindromeofbolton wrote:Hi folks

It's not stopped me clocking up over 5000 posts. Welcome back!
It's been noted!
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 pm

TKIZ! wrote:In light of the Nixon tweet, Iles has said the goalposts have not moved at all but that a new bunch of people are at the table and making an offer or at least talking to Davies about it

New people! Yay!! It'll be reet!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:41 pm

thebish wrote:

Are they Clappers and Spotty/
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Are they Clappers and Spotty/
More likely Crackers and Dotty.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:21 am

As it's that time of year I've opened up my mini Advent Calendar of Doooooooooooom. (it's one those with a little battery and tinny music, playing 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we're leaving together, but still it's farewell...)

Mon 21st December - (6 days away) wage day. If the staff get paid, glimmers of hope. if not...
Wed 30th December - (15 days away) first team wage day. second month in succession?...
Thu 31st December - (16 days away) if no pay yesterday, notices can be handed in...
Thu 14th January - (30 days away) any who handed in notices can walk away...
Mon 18th January - (34 days away) winding up petition goes before the beak...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:48 am

Hmmm I think the Advent Calendar should be playing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:As it's that time of year I've opened up my mini Advent Calendar of Doooooooooooom. (it's one those with a little battery and tinny music, playing 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we're leaving together, but still it's farewell...)

Mon 21st December - (6 days away) wage day. If the staff get paid, glimmers of hope. if not...
Wed 30th December - (15 days away) first team wage day. second month in succession?...
Thu 31st December - (16 days away) if no pay yesterday, notices can be handed in...
It's not as bad if you sing 'Ding Dong Merrily on High' before reading each line.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:12 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:As it's that time of year I've opened up my mini Advent Calendar of Doooooooooooom. (it's one those with a little battery and tinny music, playing 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 we're leaving together, but still it's farewell...)

Just a thought, if this does happen and they do walk away, can we be sued for loss of earnings?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 am

Only if we can counter-sue them for theft, as they've been stealing a fecking living whilst they're here!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:24 am

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me... an order from the HMRC..

oh - feck it!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:31 am

Andy Waller wrote:

Just a thought, if this does happen and they do walk away, can we be sued for loss of earnings?
I think that the situation would be that the PFA pay the wages at that point.
BWFC would then owe the PFA the money.
In the case of insolvency the PFA would go straight to the top of the creditors list and as a result of the 'football creditors rule' [Enterprise Act 2002] they would be paid in full and in preference over any HMRC debts or other creditors.
so no, they couldn't sue for loss of earnings as they are pretty much covered in all eventualities. (their only 'suffering' would be a two month wait).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:42 am

Nixon saying rival bidders have been told that other's are close to a deal. He isn't sure if this is just the club playing games but suspects it is.

Dear me, now even I'm getting addicted to Nixon.

Day 5,494: Basically, all you really need to know is we're still as far off a deal as ever.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:43 am

nahh - bish says there are new kids on the block - and they have a HUGE white horse on which they are charging to our rescue! HUZZAH!!!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:Only if we can counter-sue them for theft, as they've been stealing a fecking living whilst they're here!
:pissed: :pray:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 pm

thebish wrote:nahh - bish says there are new kids on the block - and they have a HUGE white horse on which they are charging to our rescue! HUZZAH!!!
Is it Billie, the horse from the 23 cup final?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Riviman wrote:
thebish wrote:nahh - bish says there are new kids on the block - and they have a HUGE white horse on which they are charging to our rescue! HUZZAH!!!
Is it Billie, the horse from the 23 cup final?
yes! :D