The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:11 pm

I couldn't give a shite what debt/fiddle/profit/whatever he's done over the years. Eddie brought us Ivan Campo. For that reason alone I say name a stand after the man.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:24 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Erm, got a calculator handy.

Man pays £15m to buy a club. Puts in, lets say £10m at various times.
Man gets back £20m in interest payments over time. Sells said club for £15m.

Total = £10m profit.

Now, this mystical £185m that he is owed. That gets written off. Minus the £10m profit he has made. = £175m loss.

So if you are taking into account the money he never had but he is owed, yet he has lost £175. If we are talking real money that he actually had, he makes £10m profit.

Still with me? Keep up
Oh good god. The fact is you're saying the amount he's owed is mythical but it includes interest payments he hasn't received.

So lets say for sake of argument £100M is interest. That still means he's sunk in 75M. And has lost out on the interest on that loan to boot.

But even if (in this imaginary world you live where interest is mythical) that is accepted he has put £75M in. And will get a significant amount less.

There isn't a profit there however you try and do mental gymnastics.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:38 pm

LMAO - £75m????

He doesn't have access to that kind of money. That would be money that came into the club FROM SKY.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:41 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:LMAO - £75m????

He doesn't have access to that kind of money. That would be money that came into the club FROM SKY.
Go on then, how much money does he have? What's his 16 digit card number, expiry date and 3 digit security code? Shoe size?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:47 pm

I suggest you stop now as you are making a bit of a fool out of yourself.

You have no idea how much money Eddie has.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Aaaand I am out. Must be a wind-up.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not to mention that with that logic, if the money came to the club FROM SKY, then the debt would be owed TO SKY and ED would be unable to write that off. Stop being silly now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not to mention that with that logic, if the money came to the club FROM SKY, then the debt would be owed TO SKY and ED would be unable to write that off. Stop being silly now.
Well yes there is that. Though he seems to play fast and loose with the terms debt and profit......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:55 pm

I can't believe what I'm reading to be honest
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:25 pm

I've seen some fckwits on here but this one takes the wazz.

Anyway, as Gary says .... there's a route to zero debt for anyone wing to take it from here and Hoss's point that the man brought us Ivan Campo so is a God who walks amongst us.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Can someone explain to Beefheart that Sky PAY clubs money, not loan them. You do realise football is on Sky now, not The Big Match Live on ITV.

The Sky money paid player wages as it does at every other Prem club. Eddie did not pay towards this. I can't honestly believe that anyone could think that Eddie had put that kind of money into the club. I'm pretty sure if he had done, it would be shouted very loudly.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:32 pm

No one is going to explain any of your theory to anyone else .... as it's complete bullshit.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:34 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Can someone explain to Beefheart that Sky PAY clubs money, not loan them. You do realise football is on Sky now, not The Big Match Live on ITV.

The Sky money paid player wages as it does at every other Prem club. Eddie did not pay towards this. I can't honestly believe that anyone could think that Eddie had put that kind of money into the club. I'm pretty sure if he had done, it would be shouted very loudly.
The TV money didn't even cover our staff costs - let alone any other costs associated with running the Club.

Between 2001 - 2014, we received in TV money, £379.3m. Our wages bill over the same period was £467.7m - That's a shortfall of £88.4m.

I'm starting to think you really can't add up.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Yeah, that's my point. You're saying that the money that forms the loan came from Sky but wasn't a loan it was just given to us? So why would it form part of the debt? What is the double entry for your very creative accounting? As everyone by now has pointed out, the revenue we received from sky and season tickets and whatever, wasn't enough to pay wages and other costs, the difference is made up by Eddie Davies. It's all very simple really.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 pm

As an aside, amongst all this talk of millions, might it register with the players at some stage that they've been paid an awful lot of money to be bottom of the league? Probably not mind, but it surely should...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:As an aside, amongst all this talk of millions, might it register with the players at some stage that they've been paid an awful lot of money to be bottom of the league? Probably not mind, but it surely should...
no.

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Post by Gudnib » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:09 am

Getting their heads around the facts and the numbers is an exercise plainly beyond the mental capacity of some contributors on this site (and others) whilst the only thing going on between the ears of some seems to be puerile invention and malicious accusation.

But appealing to the better nature of those who do not have a better nature is futile.

I wish Phil Gartside well in his recovery from ill health and hope that Eddie Davies can enjoy the rest of his retirement freed of carrying the burden of ownership of BWFC.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:14 am

Gudnib wrote:whilst the only thing going on between the ears of some seems to be puerile invention and malicious accusation.
Fair enough.
Meanwhile some other folk take themselves way too seriously and refuse to consider that other peoples opinions are as valid as their own.
Businesswoman of the year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:43 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Gudnib wrote:whilst the only thing going on between the ears of some seems to be puerile invention and malicious accusation.
Fair enough.
Meanwhile some other folk take themselves way too seriously and refuse to consider that other peoples opinions are as valid as their own.
You don't half talk bollox at times Hoss, of course I take myself seriously! :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Hoboh wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
Fair enough.
You don't half talk bollox at times Hoss, of course I take myself seriously! :wink:
Someone's got to! :mrgreen: