Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:10 pm

Is it me, or are we on the eve of a game without a match thread? And are we still doing tenuous puns? I sure hope so, given the abomination that I have just come up with.

So - a home game. Versus a team just above us (a five goal swing and we go above them in fact!). We could end the day within two wins of the playoffs! All is not lost!

Well, ok. Enough of that. But in all honesty it's a winnable game. I'd like to see Eagles start, possibly in place of Hall. I haven't a clue what to do about the defence given it conceded five last time out, but we're so low on quality replacements it'll probably be the same. To be fair, we were away at the top of the league last time.

Anyway. What do you lot think? Who's going? Predictions? I'll stick my neck out and say 3-1 Bolton. Why not - it's Christmas (sort of).
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Lost the last one, Boro chance to put it right

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:40 pm

Got a free ticket but really not sure whether I can be arsed walking down there in a booze filled fog. Come 2 o'clock and I'll probably set off.

They seemed to have turned a corner since the change in manager (fancy that!) and I expect a tough game. 1-1 draw
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Boroinbishop
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Boroinbishop » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm Back, this time we're the in form team, there's a real good feel about the boro at the minute, the silly mistakes costing us have all but disappeared and the tactics are starting to click, Big Shay is a revelation in goal and Ledesma has come from no-where to be getting goals and setting them up for fun.

Think you guys have a tough game on your hands, i'm going for a tight 1-0 Boro win, with a Bolton late surge

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Boroinbishop wrote:I'm Back, this time we're the in form team, there's a real good feel about the boro at the minute, the silly mistakes costing us have all but disappeared and the tactics are starting to click, Big Shay is a revelation in goal and Ledesma has come from no-where to be getting goals and setting them up for fun.

Think you guys have a tough game on your hands, i'm going for a tight 1-0 Boro win, with a Bolton late surge

thanks! I feel much better now! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Boroinbishop wrote:
I'd like to say that someone's got it coming to them, but they haven't, so you're probably right. Happy New Year. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:01 pm

Attack like we did against Leicester and we should win this - boro shouldn't score 5.

I think dougie will panic and go all out for the 1-0 and it will backfire - 3-1 defeat.

Be interesting to see who plays at the back. Would like to see Ream and Mills at centre half and two new full backs. Suspect he will play it "safe" and go with the proven shite, baptiste and knight.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:46 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Attack like we did against Leicester and we should win this - boro shouldn't score 5. .
Blind optimism.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Was going to say bore draw, but it's the festive period which means lots of goals so I'll say 3-3.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Got a free ticket but really not sure whether I can be arsed walking down there in a booze filled fog. Come 2 o'clock and I'll probably set off.

They seemed to have turned a corner since the change in manager (fancy that!) and I expect a tough game. 1-1 draw

this might change your mind:

STUART HOLDEN: The midfielder will be meeting and greeting supporters in Bolton Central between 1.15pm and 2pm prior to Wanderers' game with Middlesbrough tomorrow.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:58 pm

We should really be seeing off teams like Middlesbrough but with one up front and emphasis on the back (to stop another 5 goal slip) we will no doubt see us struggling.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Mar wrote:We should really be seeing off teams like Middlesbrough but with one up front and emphasis on the back (to stop another 5 goal slip) we will no doubt see us struggling.
to be fair - we only had one up front at Leicester and we scored 3 goals...

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

thebish wrote:
Mar wrote:We should really be seeing off teams like Middlesbrough but with one up front and emphasis on the back (to stop another 5 goal slip) we will no doubt see us struggling.
to be fair - we only had one up front at Leicester and we scored 3 goals...

Aye, the emphasis on the back will be the thing that keeps the score low. I figure the score would've been just at low at Leicester had we not conceded the first goal and thought to hell with this lets go and outscore them.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:55 pm

Reckon most will be a little hazy so I'll go for 12 minutes time of first boo.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:06 pm

I think we should win this, and, certainly, we desperately need to play better at home. It's embarrassing.

The thing I took from the Leicester experience was that we can push forward, we can threaten, we can score.

Eagles for Hall. The defence is so all over the place that no combination on offer fills me with anything other than dread.

Is Moritz fit? If so - we'll win. If not, we'll struggle.

COYW!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:34 pm

William the White wrote:The defence is so all over the place that no combination on offer fills me with anything other than dread
I've just seen two of their three goals against Reading. The buggers'll be using us as target practice. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:48 am

Domed, simply domed.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 am

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Got a free ticket but really not sure whether I can be arsed walking down there in a booze filled fog. Come 2 o'clock and I'll probably set off.

this might change your mind:

STUART HOLDEN: The midfielder will be meeting and greeting supporters in Bolton Central between 1.15pm and 2pm prior to Wanderers' game with Middlesbrough tomorrow.
He's always had a fairly big man crush there so you could be right Bish.

I see a scoreless draw and a defeat on Saturday which will see Dougie depart.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 am

Really can't be arsed going today......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:56 am

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Really can't be arsed going today......
but.. but... but... maybe you missed the news!!!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:00 am

Meh.....