Looks like Blackpool have been 'analysing' our players...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Looks like Blackpool have been 'analysing' our players..

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 am

Last on. That's a first...
Businesswoman of the year.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:10 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
LeverEnd wrote::laugh: Paul Ince: "On that evidence. we were by far the better side and should be in the hat for the next round."
What evidence? The only stat they seem to have beaten us on is the number of corners they won.
Not sure. By way of disclaimer though, I did get it off Twitter so he might not have said it! His status as a total cock will be largely unaffected either way.

Did anyone see him throw the ball away from Baptise? What a divvy.

klasnicks
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by klasnicks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 am

Was that really Ngog for the first goal? I'm not convinced. :shock:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:22 am

klasnicks wrote:Was that really Ngog for the first goal? I'm not convinced. :shock:
It's because he's grown his hair.....that and he shows mad tekkers
Pfffft.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 am

First half was good. Zat spraying the ball about, Medo not getting cluttered up with another midfielder playing the ball about and the midfield and forwards actually looking forward.

Apart from a chance they had straight from the kick off their goal was the only time they'd seen the ball in our penalty box for 45 minutes.

Second half though and Dougle reverted to type and tried to kill the game. Basically inviting them on to us and it was down to ca combination of luck, Lonergan and a bit of wayward shooting that ensured the result.

But that's the game I suppose.

Our goals were well taken. You've seen them but that's what N'good is paid for so why does he only do it now and again? The second was a good bit of battling and a nice finish.

Downsides. I can't remember us winning a single header, only sending one up for corners is pathetic - we might as well just give them a goal kick and Eagles did his upmost not to get the ball at any point.

He went on one run but that was always going down a cul-de-sac, he had a couple of half chances but pretty much never really looked involved.

Good to see Vela back on the pitch.

Their best players Ince and Ferguson who I think strolled through the second half. Would have liked to see us run at him a bit more considering he's carrying an injury.

Good to see a lot of subdued Blackpool fans on the train back and that's the first win in 10 attempts for Eldest.

Think Cardiff's a winnable game.

Just wish Lucky Dougie would see that too.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 am

coffeymagic wrote: Second half though and Dougle reverted to type and tried to kill the game. Basically inviting them on to us and it was down to ca combination of luck, Lonergan and a bit of wayward shooting that ensured the result.
Blackpool stepped up 10 yards and compressed the game. It had nothing to do with us sitting back and everything to do with Blackpool realising that they could step up and dominate the midfield. They effectively reduced the effectiveness of our front two and meant we struggled to get out.

I don't get why people think that when you get pinned back it is because you are sitting back. Two teams playing and all that......

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
coffeymagic wrote: Second half though and Dougle reverted to type and tried to kill the game. Basically inviting them on to us and it was down to ca combination of luck, Lonergan and a bit of wayward shooting that ensured the result.
Blackpool stepped up 10 yards and compressed the game. It had nothing to do with us sitting back and everything to do with Blackpool realising that they could step up and dominate the midfield. They effectively reduced the effectiveness of our front two and meant we struggled to get out.

I don't get why people think that when you get pinned back it is because you are sitting back. Two teams playing and all that......
True, they also spread out a lot more and used the wings where they hadn't in the first half. Basically they brought the game to us whereas we'd done that to them in the first half.

What I don't understand is why we let them.

I'm not stupid enough to think that we can dominate teams for 90minutes and understand the opposition will have periods in the game where they are on top but we seem to find it hard to keep the pressure on and turn the screw.

I'm not after Owen Coyle gung-ho suicide but there has to be a happy medium between attack and soaking up pressure.

We tried to do it at Wigan.

Dougie's spoke about 'fine margins' a few times. We can try and make those margins wider.

At the end of the day it was a win. It was a decent game and we went away happy.

What more can you ask for?
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:57 am

coffeymagic wrote:What more can you ask for?
Better sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, a freshwater system, baths, public order and peace...

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:14 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Better sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, a freshwater system, baths, public order and peace...
Yes, but apart from that?

twitter @thetonycoffey

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
In Scotland?!!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 am

coffeymagic wrote: What I don't understand is why we let them.
We "let them" because we played a system that was successful when Blackpool sat off a little and we were direct to the two strikers and played off that. Once they stepped up we struggled because we couldn't keep the ball and our midfield couldn't cope with just the two in there (and IMO Moritz and Eagles were passengers especially off the ball!). So we got pushed deep. And the changes made were the right ones to bring some more solidity to things.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:37 am

Here are the goals.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/bo ... ighlights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some good work and strength by N'Gog :shock: and three really good saves by Lonergan.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Eagles looks chuffed to bits after the first goal....
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Those saves all look pretty routine to me. I reckon he'd have got some stick if any of them had gone in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Enoch wrote:Those saves all look pretty routine to me. I reckon he'd have got some stick if any of them had gone in.
The third where Ince swings a ball across and the Blackpool player glances it towards goal with another player sliding in and just (I think) missing it, is a great save IMO. Had to dive late in case of a touch.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Enoch wrote:Those saves all look pretty routine to me. I reckon he'd have got some stick if any of them had gone in.
The third where Ince swings a ball across and the Blackpool player glances it towards goal with another player sliding in and just (I think) missing it, is a great save IMO. Had to dive late in case of a touch.....
Agreed, that was top class.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:15 pm

That first goal is utter class.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:19 pm

our second was route 1! :-)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Jez wrote:That first goal is utter class.
thebish wrote:our second was route 1! :-)
I'm happy with both in rotation! :D

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 pm

How was their goal not ruled out for off-side? A great finish but does the striker not go to head it but misses. Surely he is stood in Lonergan's line of sight?
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.