Forest match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Forest match thread

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 pm

If today's Forest performance against West Ham is anything to go by, I fear for us. Reid, Lansbury and Patterson were all outstanding although to be fair Spam were awful.

Forest do look to play narrow, so 442 might just work again for us, but I'm betting DF tinkers and reverts to our usual and useless 451.

The match is a marker for me. We have to beat teams like Forest if we are to push on to safety and beyond. A failure to win could put us right in the mix at the bottom.

2-3 Forest.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Forest match thread

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:47 pm

I was thinking about it from the West Ham point of view. With all the criticism our team/squad/manager gets, you could quite fairly level a lot of the same arguments at BSA at West Ham with players like Jarvis, Downing, Ravel Morrison, etc. So that obviously equates to BSA being useless and out of his league! Is that right?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Tbh I think that we would have turned over the spammers today. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:Tbh I think that we would have turned over the spammers today. Wouldn't read too much into it.
Agree with this.....however, think it'll be a draw.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:56 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:I was thinking about it from the West Ham point of view. With all the criticism our team/squad/manager gets, you could quite fairly level a lot of the same arguments at BSA at West Ham with players like Jarvis, Downing, Ravel Morrison, etc. So that obviously equates to BSA being useless and out of his league! Is that right?
Yep, I mean comparatively to us recently Allardyce has spent a fortune there and to be where they are....well. Doesn't scream a manager we should be even considering from where I sit.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:18 pm

3-1 to Forest Andy Reid will take the p**s just as he did in August.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:18 pm

He was horrible and bitter and unpleasant before he left us and is more so now I love what he did for us but it's in the past and I'd never want him to come back.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Forest match thread

Minimalist!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

They really battered us in August and I see us getting nothing from this game.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Enoch wrote:Forest match thread

Minimalist!
It's how I roll and let's face it, puns just don't cut it results wise.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Spice of life and all that.

:)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:The match is a marker for me. We have to beat teams like Forest if we are to push on to safety and beyond.
I don't think we have to beat top-eight teams to stay up. We have to beat the other lot.

But yeah, it's a marker. 'Cos if we can beat Forest, we can start wondering about looking upward. We're still only nine points below the dotted line, and it's not impossible to have another charge up the division. We're five points clear of 20th, five behind the top half.

All that said, I expect we'll lose to Forest, who I have found myself rather despising despite previously having quite liked them. I think that might be because a colleague who supported Forest has left our place (so no regular input of sympathetic discussion), but also because I don't like Billy Davies and because that irksome blood-waste Up The M61 was quite the inspiration too...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:34 pm

I think we need to give up on this "dotted line" and just take it one game at a time. The so called playoff push is detrimental.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Enoch wrote:Forest match thread

Minimalist!
Pathetic, quite frankly Bob. Should be ashamed of yourself.

We'll lose.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:I think we need to give up on this "dotted line" and just take it one game at a time. The so called playoff push is detrimental.
Do as you please, Boz. For me, one of the pleasures of being in a competitive division is that a fortnight can change an awful lot.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:11 pm

I will be amazed if we get anything from this game, and that's got nothing to do with them beating West Ham 5-0 today. The big difference between them and us is that their players actually give a shit. They look like they want to play for the club and try. It also helps that they have a couple of decent players but the big difference is the mentality between the two teams rather than footballing ability.

2-0 to them.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Gail Platz wrote:I will be amazed if we get anything from this game, and that's got nothing to do with them beating West Ham 5-0 today. The big difference between them and us is that their players actually give a shit. They look like they want to play for the club and try. It also helps that they have a couple of decent players but the big difference is the mentality between the two teams rather than footballing ability.

2-0 to them.
Not present at the last two games, evidently... :roll:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Forest needed closing down much higher up the pitch today. They gave West Ham no time on the ball yet the Hammers tried the cool Prem Speed approach. As we saw, it didn't work. Every time they attacked they were hassled and a quick break resulted to the other end. Forest weren't afraid to move the ball fast and shoot instead of trying intricate passing build ups that got nowhere. They were direct and their passes and ball control excellent. Attacking won the day without a doubt. No easy game ahead for us, but we can get something out of it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Forest needed closing down much higher up the pitch today. They gave West Ham no time on the ball yet the Hammers tried the cool Prem Speed approach. As we saw, it didn't work. Every time they attacked they were hassled and a quick break resulted to the other end. Forest weren't afraid to move the ball fast and shoot instead of trying intricate passing build ups that got nowhere. They were direct and their passes and ball control excellent. Attacking won the day without a doubt. No easy game ahead for us, but we can get something out of it.
West Ham looked defeated from the start, left massive gaps and didn't work hard enough off the ball. I expect us to be better than that, but I'm still getting flashbacks to them running rings round us in August Tango and it'll take more than one decent cup win against a crap side to erase it. Hope I'm wrong and we botty-spank them.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:10 pm

I think we'll beat this lot - not sure why, probably because being Bolton we'll win when no-one really gives us a chance.

2-0 win. Beckford & Knight
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"