Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Toothless. Burnley at Home.

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am

Cue someone signing Ings for a small fortune .... and him disappearing into the mists.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 am

Prediction time:
Wednesday draw with Wigan
Watford beat Birmingham
Millwall tonk Yeovil
Burnley beat us

thus giving

Sheff Wed 29 2 34
Blackpool 30 -14 34
Birmingham30 -2 33
Bolton W 30 -14 29
Doncaster 30 -19 29
Millwall 30 -24 29
Charlton 28 -15 24
Barnsley 28 -20 22
Yeovil 29 -25 20
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:52 am

Tombwfc wrote:Yeovil are the only side they've beaten away from home since October.

Draw, I think.
You see that, there, is one of the best stats I've seen in a long time, and I have to work with the little numbery buggers. Is there an "Up" button on here?

D 2-2 Millwall
D 1-1 Forest
L 1-2 Huddersfield
D 1-1 Leicester
L 0-1 Middlesbrough
D 0-0 Wigan
(L 3-4 Southampton, FA Cup)
W 2-1 Yeovil
D 3-3 QPR

...but then, our home run has hardly been enthusiasm-engendering...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 pm

...and they score goals, which is our nemesis.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 pm

So. 2-0 to us then?

May even put some money on it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:37 pm

jaffka wrote:What will Duggie do tonight, spring a tactical surprise and go for an attacking lineup or persevere with the defensive midfield lineup to protect the back four that seldom works.

I think he will keep Bogdan in goal and cannot see him changing the back four.
We'll see the results of Dougie's plan tonight. We're having two full backs on each side, two central defenders and four strikers. We're dispensing with midfield because we're not good at it and if they attack we'll have six on the goal line. That should frighten em, and we just welly everything down to our strike force who are either lurking menacingly in their half, or in the blocks on the halfway line ready to charge. Dougie apparently got the idea from watching "Kes"........ :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm

We did not start with a defensive midfield against Bournemouth. I thought the balance of the starting line up was good.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Bolton have a shit defence and no strikers. And a prick for a manager.

Anything but an embarrassing defeat will be a miracle.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

It comes to summat when the odds on Burnley to win tonight are shorter than those of both us to win or the draw. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Bolton have a shit defence and no strikers. And a prick for a manager.

Anything but an embarrassing defeat will be a miracle.
You're copy pasting that from each previous match thread aren't you? :lol:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Cue someone signing Ings for a small fortune .... and him disappearing into the mists.
Au contraire. Both Freedman and Professor Brian Cox think he will improve as a player.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/11000375._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:It comes to summat when the odds on Burnley to win tonight are shorter than those of both us to win or the draw. :hang:
...and yet, I have just bet on Bolton to win.

You may mock, but I feels it is me bones. 3-1.

I would explain my thought process, but I cannot.

:crazy:
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Dougie'sEleven wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:It comes to summat when the odds on Burnley to win tonight are shorter than those of both us to win or the draw. :hang:

Burnley have not beat us at the Reebok in 3 attempts, Burnley are not as good away as at home.
We are rubbish at home and have drawn the last 4 only won 1 of last 6 at home.

It looks a nailed on draw but I think we may just sneek it 2-1 after going a goal down!!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Norpig wrote:
Dougie'sEleven wrote:

Burnley have not beat us at the Reebok in 3 attempts, Burnley are not as good away as at home.
We are rubbish at home and have drawn the last 4 only won 1 of last 6 at home.

It looks a nailed on draw but I think we may just sneek it 2-1 after going a goal down!!
We're going to get laughed off the forum in around 8 hours time. Still...optimism is enjoyable, so let's just roll with it.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Despite "You know what you're going to get at Bolton" we have a habit of being unpredictable at times. I think tonight might be one of those times. Burnley will kick and squeal claiming they deserved to win but it won't matter. Watch this space. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Dougie Freedman faces up to mounting pressure at Bolton Wanderers
6:20am Monday 10th February 2014 in Sport By Marc Iles
DOUGIE Freedman stood defiant last night amidst mounting calls for him to be sacked as Wanderers manager.

The under-pressure Scot saw his side throw away a two-goal lead against Bournemouth to register their ninth draw at the Reebok this season and leave the club in 19th position in the Championship table.

Wanderers were booed off the pitch at the final whistle, while some sections of the support chanted for the manager to be removed from his post after 15 months in charge.

Fans’ anger was also directed towards club chairman Phil Gartside, but as The Bolton News went to press last night, Freedman was down to take charge of tomorrow night’s home clash with local rivals Burnley.

Asked whether he could continue to rely on the backing of owner Eddie Davies, who would have the final say on his position, and Gartside, the man who brought him from Crystal Palace in October 2012 to succeed Owen Coyle, Freedman remained confident they would be sympathetic to his cause.

“I have got a fantastic board and a very experienced one, so they know what this is all about,” he said.

“They know exactly what is happening, where we are and where we have come from.

“They know the situation on and off the field.

“I take the responsibility, I will take the blame, but Bolton Wanderers are in this situation and we’ve all got to stand together right now.”

Pressed again on whether he would be given time to turn round a run of form that now reads just one league win in 10 games, Freedman added: “That’s a decision for upstairs. Have we got the time, have we got the money?

“It’s not under my control – all I can do is set the team up in the best way I think can win a football match and when something does go wrong, they stay stronger mentally.”

Freedman questioned the fragile confidence of some of his players after they let two points slip through their grasp.

Chung-Yong Lee and Lukas Jutkiewicz gave the Whites a perfect start before Lewis Grabban and Simon Francis restored parity by the midway point of the second half.

The emergency loan window reopens on Friday and the manager is planning to lobby for new signings to help a group of players he feels are still showing the long-term effects of relegation.

“That’s a conversation I’ve got to have upstairs,” he said.

“There are one or two I clearly need to bring in because we’re playing well but one or two characters need to come into the team.

“There are clearly some scars still around the football club. There are clearly some scars that are still here.

“I’ve got no problem saying that and I can hold my head up high and say we were decent enough to get the goals today.

“It’s just these long-term scars that are difficult for the players to handle and that’s what I have got to change in the loan market.”

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:We did not start with a defensive midfield against Bournemouth. I thought the balance of the starting line up was good.
If league tables are anything to go off, they suggest that Burnley are a more capable side than Bournemouth. Accordingly this offers Duggie more opportunity to shit himself about the opposition.

He has said he knows everything about Ings. Ings comes short for the ball. He also scores goals, like he did when we apparently shackled him at the start of the season.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm going for 3-1 or rather 1-3 as I can't see the Whites getting anything from this. Hope I'm wrong but DF has lost the plot, if he ever knew what the plot was!!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Lose tonight and he is gone hopefully. The pressure from the crowd will hopefully push ED to do the right thing.

Would love a win though against a good Burnley side :pissed:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

ChrisC wrote:Lose tonight and he is gone hopefully. The pressure from the crowd will hopefully push ED to do the right thing.

Would love a win though against a good Burnley side :pissed:
I think we all hope for that inspite of the doom and gloom, its like a big lottery win, you want it but its unlikely.