Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:06 pm

On loan until January.

It's in the BN.

Who is this Nixon/Niton?

There is some fat scruffy Scottish bloke that mithers me for info, he gets stalked by some mad bolton bloke as well :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Mason comes off as a panic from the club. Happy to have him but as has been said he isn't the target man we need.

However assuming the deal is done I'd like to see us play with a 4-3-3 with Mason and Feeney playing off Craig Davies. I'd try Chungy in the attacking midfield role until Mark Davies is fit with Danns and Spearing behind him.

Worth a try. I quite liked the look of Mason coming in off the left last season at times.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Don't think it's panic, they've been working on it for weeks. Agree hes not the answer on his own.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:37 pm

It's one of the players Duggie wanted. No panic at all and to suggest that is quite frankly ridiculous.

Next up will be a big bas*ard up front.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Don't think it's panic, they've been working on it for weeks. Agree hes not the answer on his own.
Well possibly, but only on Thursday he wasn't likely to sign and was just one on the list.

Not saying it's a panic buy in the traditional sense, just seems like we are forcing it through all of a sudden after yesterday.

If we can sign the right target man to go with him then everyone will be happier I think.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Mason comes off as a panic from the club. Happy to have him but as has been said he isn't the target man we need.

However assuming the deal is done I'd like to see us play with a 4-3-3 with Mason and Feeney playing off Craig Davies. I'd try Chungy in the attacking midfield role until Mark Davies is fit with Danns and Spearing behind him.

Worth a try. I quite liked the look of Mason coming in off the left last season at times.
I hope it doesn't follow last years script where he plays Mason upfront, to make the point he now needs a strike partner for him.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:41 pm

U-TURN :laugh:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Mason comes off as a panic from the club. Happy to have him but as has been said he isn't the target man we need.

I hope it doesn't follow last years script where he plays Mason upfront, to make the point he now needs a strike partner for him.
Well he does. I mean according to Nixon we are having to wait till September for premiership clubs to decide who they will loan out.

Be worth trying a 3 IMO in the meanwhile. Get a few closer to Craig Davies see what happens.

Definitely don't want Mason up on his own though.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:51 pm

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd watched CYL yesterday, trust me. The bloke is a useless liability and should never, EVER wear a white shirt again.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd watched CYL yesterday, trust me. The bloke is a useless liability and should never, EVER wear a white shirt again.
if we're gonna play chungy at all - i'd rather play him through the middle than out wide... but then - we have mavis for that!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:

Ha, well I'm not his biggest fan. But there is a need to have someone in that role who can hold the ball and get it moving. I think we are limited in options till Mark Davies is back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Not saying it's a panic buy in the traditional sense,
it's not a panic buy in ANY sense.

1) we have been after him for ages
2) we haven't bought him - we have loaned him up to January

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:12 pm

We couldn't have pushed through mason any quicker. This was all down to mason signing a new contract (which apparently he has now done)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Given there are 15,000 of us who know mason up top on his own won't work...

I think we all know how douggie will use him next Saturday. :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Given there are 15,000 of us who know mason up top on his own won't work...

dougie wants to get him all registered and kitted out in time for tuesday - never mind next saturday!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Yeah but even I'll give him tuesday. Real work starts (again) saturday.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:58 pm

twilight wrote:We couldn't have pushed through mason any quicker. This was all down to mason signing a new contract (which apparently he has now done)
Listen. You seem a good sort, and you're very welcome here & all that .... but getting all reasonable and realistic is uncalled for. Stop it. Stop it now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:We couldn't have pushed through mason any quicker. This was all down to mason signing a new contract (which apparently he has now done)
Listen. You seem a good sort, and you're very welcome here & all that .... but getting all reasonable and realistic is uncalled for. Stop it. Stop it now.

Sorry I will try harder :oops:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Given there are 15,000 of us who know mason up top on his own won't work...

That's the badger.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Mason loan confirmed: season long. http://bit.ly/1sHOS7C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!