Carling Cup 1st round draw: Bury at home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Carling Cup 1st round draw: Bury at home

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Every single one of the shriking bastards who embarrassed the shirt on Saturday should be made to sweat it out tonight against this lot
This made me lol. It is right though. But they won't.

Bogdan is playing according to Freedman. Trotter possibly (not definitely) as well. There will be changes (not wholesale ones) but changes.

And Moxey is out injured. Mills is a slight doubt too.

Mason won't receive international clearance in time to play tonight either.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
International clearance. Fck. Shall I bring it with me ?

You don't need a "rest" after only one game. Tonight's should field the best XI available. The performance was so poor that it should be seen now as a training game.

Moxey can't be allowed to hide .... if he's to settle with us in any sense he has to get back on that horse. If Trotter is a better bet than Pratley then God help us. God help Pratley at any rate.

The manager will, doubtless, stick with his defensive mentality .... which will just abut sum him up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 am

I have a feeling that later on today I'll be back on here writing, for the second time in four days, 'Well, that was fecking shit, but the company was good'. :|
May the bridges I burn light your way

Boltoon
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Boltoon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:43 am

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 am

Freedman: “I watched a video yesterday and [Bury] put 27 crosses into the box on Saturday – that tells you what they are about. We are geared up for them – there has been no shortage of preparation from us. We were in early yesterday looking at their game and working very hard in training."

Wheater?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Freedman: “I watched a video yesterday and [Bury] put 27 crosses into the box on Saturday – that tells you what they are about. We are geared up for them – there has been no shortage of preparation from us. We were in early yesterday looking at their game and working very hard in training."

Wheater?
quite possibly... though - it would be nice to have some kind of a plan that involved stopping the crosses coming in in the first place rather than sticking someone else in the middle to deal with them when they come!

though, with the staff we have - what that plan might look like, I don't know!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

thebish wrote: quite possibly... though - it would be nice to have some kind of a plan that involved stopping the crosses coming in in the first place rather than sticking someone else in the middle to deal with them when they come!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:00 am

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Freedman: “I watched a video yesterday and [Bury] put 27 crosses into the box on Saturday – that tells you what they are about. We are geared up for them – there has been no shortage of preparation from us. We were in early yesterday looking at their game and working very hard in training."

Wheater?
quite possibly... though - it would be nice to have some kind of a plan that involved stopping the crosses coming in in the first place rather than sticking someone else in the middle to deal with them when they come!

True, dat, but did Dervite strike you as the man to stop the flow?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:02 am

Wheater?

I know it probably doesn't mean much, but why does he give away our bloody game plan in every pre-match interview??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:12 am

Andy Waller wrote:

Wheater?
I know it probably doesn't mean much, but why does he give away our bloody game plan in every pre-match interview??
Heh! Know what you mean but I think he's simply pointing out that he's been hard at work watching videos, while us lot have been sitting on deckchairs being fed grapes.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:16 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:

Wheater?
Heh! Know what you mean but I think he's simply pointing out that he's been hard at work watching videos, while us lot have been sitting on deckchairs being fed grapes.

Either way it's not like what he said goes enacted half the time. Just blowing ones own trumpet, isn't it.

Anyway, I'm rather fearful for tonight. No confidence at all.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:20 am

Now that Bury know that we know what Bury do and have a plan in place, d'you think maybe them pesky Bury feckers might go and spoil it all by formulating a plan of their own to counteract the plan we have that counteracts what it is that they do?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:

Wheater?

True, dat, but did Dervite strike you as the man to stop the flow?
no! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:41 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Now that Bury know that we know what Bury do and have a plan in place, d'you think maybe them pesky Bury feckers might go and spoil it all by formulating a plan of their own to counteract the plan we have that counteracts what it is that they do?
i hope so - because it's all a double bluff by freedman to force bury into abandonning their get-loads-of-crosses-into-the-box masterplan - cos we sure as feck don't have any other obvious way of stopping them doing that!

where's Ricardo? is he still hanging about the club somewhere???

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 am

Andy Waller wrote:

Wheater?
But that's not really giving away our game plan is it. More that we know their.

What he IS saying ... about a division 4 club, one who lost at home in this match of 27 crosses, one who damn nearly went out of business last year ... is that he's focussing on our defence.

Really.

After last week's shambles.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:

Wheater?
But that's not really giving away our game plan is it. More that we know their.

What he IS saying ... about a division 4 club, one who lost at home in this match of 27 crosses, one who damn nearly went out of business last year ... is that he's focussing on our defence.

Really.

After last week's shambles.
probably... but - maybe he's planning not to let them have the ball at all - that would do the trick! no ball - no crosses - job done! :D

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:59 am

They'll smash us.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:08 am

I remember being stood on the Manny Road Paddock in the pissing rain for a night match with Bury many years ago. John McGinlay scored a hatrick........... for Bury! :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am

bobo the clown wrote: ... about a division 4 club..
It's no good living in the past, Bobo, y'need to get with it, "go modern yourself" as Pru would say!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I remember being stood on the Manny Road Paddock in the pissing rain for a night match with Bury many years ago. John McGinlay scored a hatrick........... for Bury! :hang:
I was there as well.

Under Phil Neal, we had a 20 odd (maybe 24?) match unbeaten run, we lost on the road and this ended our unbeaten home streak as well.

We were shite that night.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:28 am

jaffka wrote:I think with forest next up and Duggie's renowned squad rotation he will be resting the players he intends to play.

I wonder what players that bury have that he can get paranoid about?
24 crosses in their last game.

He has worked himself into panic :roll: