Watford Away 09/08/2014 - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Watford Away 09/08/2014 - Match Thread

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

We're going to need some new signings, 3ish I'd suggest, and move 3 boring names out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I like that they all follow on from one another across half the team sheet!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:07 pm

If you move there boring names out, who will provide the penetration?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:22 pm

Enoch wrote:If you move there boring names out, who will provide the penetration?
BOOM! You punning maestro you.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Right - roll call for Watford then.

There's Me, Bijou Bob, Harry, BP, Wtw, Dan, HMX, Max, Devon White and possibly Bristol Wanderer and GtE.

Who else?
Edited your list there for you, note that Max and HMX are two different people
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:The BeN reckons the likely lineup will be...

Watford v Wanderers
August 9, 2014
Likely line-up: Bogdan; McNaughton, Mills, Ream, Moxey; Spearing, Medo; Hall, Mark Davies, Danns; Beckford

which - to be fair - does look quite likely...
That's a shopping centre in Sheffield.
A whole area infact and a sh*t one at that.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Does anyone know if you use this online system to buy match tickets, if they will still post them to you?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:42 pm

It's the Watford ticket BTW.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Has anyone come up with a pre-match meeting-up venue yet?
Ground is 0.5 miles from the centre. As some are coming in at Watford High Street, would it not make sense to meet there? Parking should be easy too!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Ground is 0.5 miles from the centre. As some are coming in at Watford High Street, would it not make sense to meet there? Parking should be easy too!
We're looking to meet up at a pub, as far as I know. Unless you're suggesting that we simply wander up and down Watford High Street on the off chance? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
We're looking to meet up at a pub, as far as I know. Unless you're suggesting that we simply wander up and down Watford High Street on the off chance? :conf:
The Happy Hour is closer to Bushey(the stop before Watford High Street) unless your coming from Watford Junction(in which case it's the stop after High Street) but it's walkable from both HS and Bushey.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
The Happy Hour is closer to Bushey(the stop before Watford High Street) unless your coming from Watford Junction(in which case it's the stop after High Street) but it's walkable from both HS and Bushey.
Daniel. This is your moment. Don't feck it up. What is the name of the pub where everyone should meet, regardless as to how they're getting there. The best meeting place.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:46 pm

The Happy Hour pub is The Cheapest pub in Watford, even cheaper than Weatherspoon's, I have been there before, it had Sky Sports, I presume it still does. I haven't been to any of the other pubs in Watford and can guarantee this is a more traditional pub, with better character then most pubs. HMX and Devon White both said it was good.

Comprende?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Daniel. This is your moment. Don't feck it up. What is the name of the pub where everyone should meet, regardless as to how they're getting there. The best meeting place.
I'm less concerned with that - are we doing lunch at the Cock or Bull this trip?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:The Happy Hour pub is The Cheapest pub in Watford, even cheaper than Weatherspoon's, I have been there before, it had Sky Sports, I presume it still does. I haven't been to any of the other pubs in Watford and can guarantee this is a more traditional pub, with better character then most pubs. HMX and Devon White both said it was good.

Comprende?
For the record, we are meeting inside the pub.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:52 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:The Happy Hour pub is The Cheapest pub in Watford, even cheaper than Weatherspoon's, I have been there before, it had Sky Sports, I presume it still does. I haven't been to any of the other pubs in Watford and can guarantee this is a more traditional pub, with better character then most pubs. HMX and Devon White both said it was good.

Comprende?
You stupid c*nt. No-one asked about the cheapest place. We are arriving by various means and need to know where best to meet. Don't worry, Dan. I obviously asked you for advice on something that, as usual, is beyond the limit of your comprehension. We'll sort it out amongst ourselves. :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'm less concerned with that - are we doing lunch at the Cock or Bull this trip?
Looking at the timings of this today, Will, and it's going to be very difficult, unless they'll take us for lunch at about 11:30
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Comprende?
You stupid c*nt. No-one asked about the cheapest place. We are arriving by various means and need to know where best to meet. Don't worry, Dan. I obviously asked you for advice on something that, as usual, is beyond the limit of your comprehension. We'll sort it out amongst ourselves. :roll:
Given I have only ever in my entire life been to Watford once I am not claiming to be an expert, I just know of a good pub that I suggested we meet at. I was just trying to be decisive given you told me not to f**k it up, looks like I have anyhow.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:03 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Does anyone know if you use this online system to buy match tickets, if they will still post them to you?
Yeah they post them up until about 3 days before the game.

Just bought my ticket!


William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Looking at the timings of this today, Will, and it's going to be very difficult, unless they'll take us for lunch at about 11:30
Really?

Managed it for the Cup Game - though, true, that didn't involve a pre match TW meet up.

Anyway, I reckon Dan's suggestion is as good as any if there's parking and it's near the ground.