Prediction Time 14/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Prediction Time 14/15

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Final league position - somewhere around 17th
Top scorer - nobody will get more than five
Player of the season - Dervite, but you'll either like him or... oh hang on, I'm thinking of Marmite.
Surprise of the season - There won't be one
Donkey of the season - Dougie
Average home attendance - 12,345
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Final League position - 11th
Top scorer - Beckford
Player of the season - Mills
Surprise of the season - Vela
Donkey of the season - Medo from them what will play regularly, Pratley who won't play much. Moxey could be in with a shout an all - exposed.
Average home attendance - 13999

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by bristolwanderer » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Final League position - 8th
Top scorer - Beckford
Player of the season - Mills
Surprise of the season - Dervite
Donkey of the season - Pratley
Average home attendance - 13,445

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Final league position - somewhere around 17th
Top scorer - nobody will get more than five
Player of the season - Dervite, but you'll either like him or... oh hang on, I'm thinking of Marmite.
Surprise of the season - There won't be one
Donkey of the season - Dougie
Average home attendance - 12,345
One game into the season and my dire predictions are already looking like Optimism Personified!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: Surprise of the season - Bijou Bob getting the ale in
Carried out on Saturday :shock:

I must point out though that, due to a complete lack of familiarity with the sequence of events involved in getting them in, he made an absolute bollocks of it, but get them in he did. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

I must point out though that, due to a complete lack of familiarity with the sequence of events involved in getting them in, he made an absolute bollocks of it, but get them in he did. :D
I can confirm that he did indeed get them in and make an absolute horlicks of it! Then faced the embarrassment of asking for his free miniature bottle of Desperado's. The look on his face!! :lol:

I can't really comment too much though, as I owe you guys a drink each. Had there been enough time I would have bought the next round. Honest!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I can confirm that he did indeed get them in and make an absolute horlicks of it! Then faced the embarrassment of asking for his free miniature bottle of Desperado's. The look on his face!! :lol:

I can't really comment too much though, as I owe you guys a drink each. Had there been enough time I would have bought the next round. Honest!
Ha! Your name's on the list of people to avoid in a round, I tells ya.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

But. But. I Mrs BP did provide a plentiful supply of cakes/biscuits/slices in my defence. Its Bruce's fault for wanting to get home and have a drink, to blot out the misery of the previous 90 minutes! ;-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:49 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

But. But. I Mrs BP did provide a plentiful supply of cakes/biscuits/slices in my defence. Its Bruce's fault for wanting to get home and have a drink, to blot out the misery of the previous 90 minutes! ;-)
Fair enough...
TBF the only other forum member I've ever knowingly met is hardly the epitome of round drinking. I'm actually looking forward to meeting one or two more in't' flesh sometime before I die (or we get relegated, again).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

He even got his wee little Desperado for free :D
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I feel very bad for not taking one of your hands BP, I had tried and tested the chippy for all of you an hour earlier and was a bit full.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm

I predict our best chance of silverware will be the FA Cup. Can't see us doing owt in the League or League Cup.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 pm

I think our best chance of silverware is the blue square north in a few years time, bring on Barrow away.

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 pm

We're going down
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Well, I think I'll claim the claim the crown of Nostradamus for that thread, then! 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:40 am

Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one.

What does he know that we don't? Investment on its way?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one.

He's probably just seeing how close we are from turning draws to wins and losses to draws.

I kind of agree with him.. A solid foundation can do wonders.. If Madine clicks, or he finds a striker, then why not?

But I bet you'd hate that
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:46 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one.

He's probably just seeing how close we are from turning draws to wins and losses to draws.

I kind of agree with him.. A solid foundation can do wonders.. If Madine clicks, or he finds a striker, then why not?

100% agree Boris.

The defence is in decent shape and we have cover in each position.

Just need to start scoring a few.

"Just" !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am

he's a darned sight more optimistic than many folk on here then! I thought I was pushing it to expect him to finish above half way! 8)

nice to hear a manager in confident mood... now, just to work out how to score some goals...

DOBBIE!!! :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:01 am

boltonboris wrote:

I'd agree we're not that far off. But this division is tight and every year you could argue we'd have been close to the play-offs with just one or two players added in. A full season of Juke or Dawson for example.

As for hating it, don't be ridiculous, I'm totally bored of meaningless seasons and the grim struggle. I'd love for us just to be in a race for something for a bit of excitement. Would be fantastic. Even if we ended up finishing 6th and losing it would still be great.