There's Elland darkness, there's the sulfurous pit - LEEDS

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: There's Elland darkness, there's the sulfurous pit - LEE

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Beckford waving to them wouldn't be an issue if we were in the top 4 and were beating Leeds 2-0. I understand why people are against it but the frustration about where we are as a club is the real issue, not whether a player thanks his former club. I don't think he should have done it but it's a trivial matter.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Nope didn't cry at Stoke. Been in league one before that's not the issue. Over paid players who don't give a damn is a major reason why we are in this pickle. Are you so naive to think that just because a player is paid a lot of money means he must be good and must care?

B4E
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by B4E » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:33 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Nope didn't cry at Stoke. Been in league one before that's not the issue. Over paid players who don't give a damn is a major reason why we are in this pickle. Are you so naive to think that just because a player is paid a lot of money means he must be good and must care?
Beckford appreciating the Leeds support has no reflection on if he cares about BWFC, in fact he shows he is passionate about teams he plays for and therefore the chances of him caring are actually increased.

You said yourself at the end of the game he 'he thumped his bwfc badge'. I don't think effort is Beckford's problem.
I miss Zat Knight already.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Not seen him play much then? Too many players shirking their effort and a manager who has them playing in a bizarre system

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Newsflash. Most players earn Shitloads, most players don't give much of a shit. It's been that way for a long time.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:35 pm

He thumped his badge to get out of the hole he made. His sneaky thumbs up got spotted hence the 500 singing Beckford is a wan**r during the last ten mins

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

B4E wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't think Freedman will be sacked. I think he's here till January and then they will only do it if we are in the bottom three and 6 or 7 points adrift.
Marc Iles - 'Dougie Freedman has not been sacked by #bwfc and judging by his post-match comments, looks like club are prepared to brave it.'

Seems like he won't be.
Now Iles is saying Dougie "believes" he has the boards backing.

Very different from not being sacked.

B4E
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by B4E » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:38 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Not seen him play much then? Too many players shirking their effort and a manager who has them playing in a bizarre system
I go to almost all home games and a fair few away games, and Beckford for most of them is always trying to get behind the defence with 30/40 yard runs, before coming back and doing the same again one minute later when we have the ball back. It hardly works, but that's not due to lack of effort from Beckford.
I miss Zat Knight already.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:It's always easier to condone this kind of thing when you are an arm chair fan. When you pay good money you expect better. I can't think of any other club's fans who would be so blase. Terrible
.... & today's match made it how many you've attended this season ?
So, go on. As you grade emotion on attendance .... how many ?
Third time of asking .... as you attack armchair supporters as not understanding: how many matches have you seen this season ?
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:42 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:He thumped his badge to get out of the hole he made. His sneaky thumbs up got spotted hence the 500 singing Beckford is a wan**r during the last ten mins
Having been at a couple of our away games this season, i'm guessing that these were amongst our less well adjusted fans.
Last edited by Burnden Paddock on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:45 pm

First one for me this season. Only go to away games these days within travelling distance

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:49 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:He thumped his badge to get out of the hole he made. His sneaky thumbs up got spotted hence the 500 singing Beckford is a wan**r during the last ten mins
What exactly do you see thumbs up as meaning? Right back from Roman arena times it's always been a sign of approval, nothing more.(It could of course mean life or death to the gladiators, but still meant approval, against thumbs down which meant the opposite) He was obviously acknowledging the fans in return for them doing so for him. If we played a team with Nic Anelka in it, would you applaud him when he came on and feel he was sneaky for giving a thumbs up to you? Not like Beckford was waving a Leeds scarf about?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:First one for me this season. Only go to away games these days within travelling distance
But you go all internet warrior on the basis that we couldn't possible understand the emotion of the situation as we weren't there. Yet you barely go.

Cleckheaton. Hardly Exeter is it ?

It's your measure, not mine.

You know what .... try to realign yourself on this one. Whatever the dunderheads around you got into a lather over you aren't getting any takers here. In case you haven't spotted that yet.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:First one for me this season. Only go to away games these days within travelling distance
Yet you attack others who haven't been today as armchair supporters. Oh my! :roll:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

If Beckford had tw*atted one in our goal and then was giving it large and celebrating I could understand this extremely angry person.

As it is though, he didn't, he didn't really do anything.

Jetsetwilly you are getting very boring now and looking very silly.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

DOUGIE Freedman believes he still has the backing of Wanderers owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside despite the club’s poor start to the campaign.

The Whites sit third bottom with one point from five games after today’s 1-0 defeat at Elland Road.

Many fans have called for a change in management but speaking after the final whistle at Elland Road, Freedman claimed the club’s hierarchy was still behind his rebuilding efforts.

“I completely understand that people have got their own opinions,” he said. “We’re in one thinking process at the top (of the club). They understand where we are and what we’re trying to do.

“I have been asked to do a job and that’s to lower the wage bill but also try and keep the football club moving forward. It’s very difficult.

“I don’t think that was a problem today. I think it was that desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

Wanderers had several clear-cut chances to earn at least a point at Elland Road but Freedman was amazed his side emerged pointless, pointing to some poor defending in the build-up to Stephen Warnock’s winning goal as the decisive point in the game.

“If someone told me we would have that much possession, play in their final third for the majority of the game, create that many opportunities and still come away not having won the game, I’d be scratching my head,” he said.

“Once again an individual mistake costs us dearly. That has got to stop because it’s hurting us dearly.

“But when you look back through the game we had enough of the ball and created enough chances in that last hour – I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 pm

ChrisC wrote:
DOUGIE Freedman believes he still has the backing of Wanderers owner Eddie Davies and chairman Phil Gartside despite the club’s poor start to the campaign.

The Whites sit third bottom with one point from five games after today’s 1-0 defeat at Elland Road.

Many fans have called for a change in management but speaking after the final whistle at Elland Road, Freedman claimed the club’s hierarchy was still behind his rebuilding efforts.

“I completely understand that people have got their own opinions,” he said. “We’re in one thinking process at the top (of the club). They understand where we are and what we’re trying to do.

“I have been asked to do a job and that’s to lower the wage bill but also try and keep the football club moving forward. It’s very difficult.

“I don’t think that was a problem today. I think it was that desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”

Wanderers had several clear-cut chances to earn at least a point at Elland Road but Freedman was amazed his side emerged pointless, pointing to some poor defending in the build-up to Stephen Warnock’s winning goal as the decisive point in the game.

“If someone told me we would have that much possession, play in their final third for the majority of the game, create that many opportunities and still come away not having won the game, I’d be scratching my head,” he said.

“Once again an individual mistake costs us dearly. That has got to stop because it’s hurting us dearly.

“But when you look back through the game we had enough of the ball and created enough chances in that last hour – I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net.”
"I just need more desire to keep the ball out of the back of the net"........ is he talking about our defenders or our forwards???? Because the forwards aren't showing this to be a problem!!!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:07 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Nope didn't cry at Stoke.
I have to say, given the amount of whining you're doing after we lost one game, I don't believe you.

No crying at football - remember that.

Also - you've never seen us in league 1. If you were
Old enough (which I doubt), you'll have seen us in divisions 3 and 4, but never league 1.

But never mind that - just try not to cry at matches, in future.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 pm

I hate this "what we're trying to do" line that Freedman churns out, like it suggests these appalling results are part of some masterplan.

Nice to see him deflecting criticism onto his players again too. "___ can't defend", "___ can't finish" yet no admittance of failure on his part.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Neither, I suspect. I think he's referring to Leeds' desire to keep the ball out of the back of their net.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!