Bolton online

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Bolton online

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:27 am

boltonboris wrote:
jaffka wrote:They'd better play well and beat Wednesday.

Bit of a brain dead thing to do this.
Spearing will get the 5th of a 5-1 win. A dentist chair celebration will ensue.

YHIHFfirst
I am liking your thinking :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:44 am

Worthy4England wrote:That'd be something to do with the beards ;-)
How dare you! You weren't complaining when mine was tickling yo....
Oh forget it.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:That'd be something to do with the beards ;-)
Bastard :whack: :whack: :whack: :wink:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 am

Prufrock wrote:This isn't meant to be a dig, but I don't get it when people start talking about the debt saying, 'I don't understand it at all but...' Then drawing nuts or pessimistic conclusions.
Really? I thought it was fairly obvious. The whacky PCTs stem from the "I don't understand it..." part.

Personally, I don't understand all this debt and everything, but I think the only possible explanation is that a giant badger is battling with a giant squirrel, using lasers, above the Macron. The winner will then construct a huge mechanical killer Dougie Freedman and rampage through BL6.

I can see no other explanation.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:30 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:
There is no way ED would lose his life fortune and not care
Therein lies the nub.

This isn't meant to be a dig, but seeing as it goes unchallenged that he's a very good businessman (is he?), I suspect he won't be pouring yet more of his own money into any such schemes. So where is the other money coming from? That'll double the number of interested parties involved. At the very least. How much altruism can we depend upon?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Therein lies the nub.

This isn't meant to be a dig, but seeing as it goes unchallenged that he's a very good businessman (is he?), I suspect he won't be pouring yet more of his own money into any such schemes. So where is the other money coming from? That'll double the number of interested parties involved. At the very least. How much altruism can we depend upon?
Well he's chairman of a Company (Strix) with a turn-over of £100m or so pa. That business seems to have a stranglehold on it's market.

Which is good, but not Bill Gates, regrettably. He has his non-executive fingers in a few pies and is the UK's 558th richest man, which is significant but hardly jaw dropping. He must have other money-making ventures as Chairman of Strix wouldn't really make you that high on the league table.

What DID surprise me is that he's only 66. He looks a lot older. Son & daughter, now in their 30's, who still live in Bolton.

Hobo ? CAPS ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 pm

Internal investigation into Ibizagate.

Jay, have you been to Ibiza?

Yes, Boss.

Oh,.... Right......... Any good? :conf:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/114 ... ap/?ref=ar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Internal investigation into Ibizagate.

Jay, have you been to Ibiza?

Yes, Boss.

Oh,.... Right......... Any good? :conf:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/114 ... ap/?ref=ar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So the club give the players 2 days off. Player does what he wants on his 2 days off. Club launches investigation into what player does on his 2 days off.

Don't the players know that they aren't allowed to ever have fun if the team are performing badly? I'm sure it's in their contracts.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Beefheart wrote:So the club give the players 2 days off. Player does what he wants on his 2 days off. Club launches investigation into what player does on his 2 days off.

Don't the players know that they aren't allowed to ever have fun if the team are performing badly? I'm sure it's in their contracts.
There will be some stipulation about 'conduct befitting' etc. and as captain he'll be expected to be a role model. But it'd be difficult to isolate one, albeit rather unbecoming, photograph.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Beefheart wrote:So the club give the players 2 days off. Player does what he wants on his 2 days off. Club launches investigation into what player does on his 2 days off.

There will be some stipulation about 'conduct befitting' etc. and as captain he'll be expected to be a role model. But it'd be difficult to isolate one, albeit rather unbecoming, photograph.
Mmm, having your shirt off and doing a bit of a gurn whilst on holiday in Ibiza does set a terrible example.

If he had a bottle of vodka in his hand it might be more of an issue, but really I don't see what the fuss is over this.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Mmm, having your shirt off and doing a bit of a gurn whilst on holiday in Ibiza does set a terrible example.

If he had a bottle of vodka in his hand it might be more of an issue, but really I don't see what the fuss is over this.
no - me neither... what is the charge, exactly??

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:55 pm

thebish wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

no - me neither... what is the charge, exactly??
There'll be a feel that, in the current mood of the customer, it wasn't very bright and he'll have a "ffs Jay" conversation.

Probably, in the circumstances, not inappropriate. But no more than that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:57 pm

bobo the clown wrote: Probably, in the circumstances, not inappropriate. But no more than that.
so - appropriate then? :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:04 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: Probably, in the circumstances, not inappropriate. But no more than that.
so - appropriate then? :wink:
Literally so, yes. A bit like "not guilty" sometimes. Y'know.

:whack:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:
Therein lies the nub.

Well he's chairman of a Company (Strix) with a turn-over of £100m or so pa. That business seems to have a stranglehold on it's market.

Which is good, but not Bill Gates, regrettably. He has his non-executive fingers in a few pies and is the UK's 558th richest man, which is significant but hardly jaw dropping. He must have other money-making ventures as Chairman of Strix wouldn't really make you that high on the league table.

What DID surprise me is that he's only 66. He looks a lot older. Son & daughter, now in their 30's, who still live in Bolton.

Hobo ? CAPS ?
He isn't Chairman of Strix anymore, I don't think, he gave that up in 2006.

He is on the Board of Squarestone - which develops malls in Brazil as far as I can tell, and Sula Group (world oil market analysts)

He also owns Moonshift Investments Limited, Fildraw Private Trust (which is just that - a Private Trust) and Burnden Leisure.

He a Trustee of the V&A but shunted that last year. :-)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Beefheart wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

The quote from the guy snapped with him probably doesn't help...
“This photo is of myself and Jay and has been taken off my Instagram. Jay was simply having a good time and enjoying a break from his work, he is only human,” he wrote. “He was really friendly and carried himself as professional as you would expect. Needless to say the photo does not do him any favours but he was not as drunk as he appears in the picture. Everyone is entitled to a good party every once in a while. Cut the bloke some slack.”
Which sort of suggests he was partying and drunk, but not as drunk as he allegedly appears to be....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 pm

↑↑↑ "with friends like that .... "

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:50 pm

At the risk of getting the thread back on topic, don't forget to cast your vote for Player of the Month before the poll closes shortly http://svy.mk/1CmFP2m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's possible to vote more than once .....
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:05 pm

I voted for Beckford.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Tierney.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.