Bolton online

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton online

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Ditto. (Tierney that is, we haven't brought in our 7326th loanee of the window just yet).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm

It seems Craig David has won.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/crai ... 99344.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was going to vote for Tierney or whoever, to punish Someone for Doing Something Bad. But apathy took over and I didn't.

Craig David is a useful symbol of where the club stands at the moment, though. Runs around a lot, doesn't achieve much, would probably be on OK-ish addition to the squad for a division 3/league 1 club.

Is it time to start drinking, yet? It's Friday lunchtime after all. Pass the bleach, Maureen. Yay!
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:53 pm

FIX.......
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:19 pm

palexjones wrote:FIX.......

Yep. Struck me as quite suspicious that all the top three have actually played in August, whereas clearly the votes from here were going for bizarre nominees like Tierney and Mavies.

(Bizarre, that is, that the club put them up there - kind of asking for trouble).

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Puskas wrote:It seems Craig David has won.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/crai ... 99344.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was going to vote for Tierney or whoever, to punish Someone for Doing Something Bad. But apathy took over and I didn't.

Craig David is a useful symbol of where the club stands at the moment, though. Runs around a lot, doesn't achieve much, would probably be on OK-ish addition to the squad for a division 3/league 1 club.

Is it time to start drinking, yet? It's Friday lunchtime after all. Pass the bleach, Maureen. Yay!

Yep to CD's symbolic status. And if you fancy a bleach, allow me to recommend Zubrowka - finest Polish vodka, which actually tastes as good as vodka gets, but looks and pours just like Domestos. (Maureen will know).

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:39 am

"CRAIG Davies continued his incredible career U-turn at Wanderers yesterday by scooping the club’s player of the month award."

Marc Iles with the almost criminal abuse of the word 'incredible'. :doh:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Davies was then talked up by his manager, before being...... dropped
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:07 pm

boltonboris wrote:Davies was then talked up by his manager, before being...... dropped
To be expected. Pretty much every player talked up gets dropped/sent to coventry/sent on loan/sold for a massive loss.