Bolton online

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Bolton online

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 pm

It seems the social media team at BWFC are after votes for Augusts player of the month!!!!

My vote goes to whoever gets "top shagger" award whilst they're all getting twatted in Ibiza (true story by the way)
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Bolton online

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:It seems the social media team at BWFC are after votes for Augusts player of the month!!!!

My vote goes to whoever gets "top shagger" award whilst they're all getting twatted in Ibiza (true story by the way)
To be fair, they deserve a break, don't you think ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:22 pm

boltonboris wrote: (true story by the way)
Even BWFC aren't stupid enough to ask for a player of the month, so I call bullshit.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:36 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I call bullshit.
With options to vote for Tierney, Vela, Mavies and Odelusi I'd say you're not far wrong.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH7Y2QJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm

I've heard rumours of a similar tale....allegedly 5 or 6 of the squad are now in Ibiza on a piss up.

They have not been made to train hard or work on tactics, Freedman has being allowed time off to coach the Jock U19 side (poor bastards), BWFC is now a fecking holiday camp that Gartside is running (sorry ruining) - taking the piss out of the fans on a daily basis, I may be wrong but I suspect he's now as big a hate figure as Freedman in Bolton.

For me he's even more to blame than Freedman, although not by much....

ED should rename the club Butlins FC, Pontins FC or Club 18-30 - total disrespect on a daily basis from the club's hierarchy for the clubs hard suffering fans

YtarmyYtarmy
Promising
Promising

Post by YtarmyYtarmy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Just cast my vote, went for Mavies, i think we should all pick players who havent played see what happens ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I've heard rumours of a similar tale....allegedly 5 or 6 of the squad are now in Ibiza on a piss up.

They have not been made to train hard or work on tactics, Freedman has being allowed time off to coach the Jock U19 side (poor bastards)
I guess 8 are away on international duty and they've let the others take a brake, Amazing. Totally amazing.

I appreciate that with so many missing some things wouldn't work, but really, really, really this is poor.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Club captain is 'allegedly' one of said group in Ibiza....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm sure their demonstrations of beach volleyball without the ball are absolutely riveting.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Spearings one, aye. Should be easy enough to guess the rest.

You never know, a bit of bonding over a spit roast... :-/

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

It's not that a bunch of guys shouldn't be able to be trusted (!!) for a few days. It's the fact, as evidenced by the Beckford attitude this time last week. They are playing shite, they know they are, there's a sense that the playing squad and management are as anti the fans as the fans are them, the fans loathe the manager, no one out there knows their role or what is the best system, performances are pathetic, we're only a month into the season .... and they take a break and the manager .... completely out of his depth ... focus off selected well.

Jessica H Christ. What a shambles.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 pm

YtarmyYtarmy wrote:Just cast my vote, went for Mavies, i think we should all pick players who havent played see what happens ?
I've followed your lead and voted for Beckford.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Don't mind them going away to Ibiza provided they come back in the right frame of mind and with the right dedication. Might serve as a nice team bonding exercise. After all the players could be sat back home on their own getting pissed but instead they're away together.

I'm pretty sure Big Sam's team was doing the work hard play hard.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Mar wrote:Don't mind them going away to Ibiza provided they come back in the right frame of mind and with the right dedication. Might serve as a nice team bonding exercise. After all the players could be sat back home on their own getting pissed but instead they're away together.

I'm pretty sure Big Sam's team was doing the work hard play hard.
I agree. This is not a big deal. Elsewhere on this forum, Freedman is being berated for turning his world beaters into under performers, yet the moment they spend a long weekend away from his evil influence it's a national disgrace.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:29 pm

We've only had 5 league games and it's 11 days until our next game, so why would the players need a break? If we were obviously fatigued after 30 games and we had the chance for a break, fair enough, but the season has barely started. They should be on the pitch working out the tactics, not enjoying themselves whilst Freedman is out coaching another team. It's a pathetic attitude, one that accepts failure when the players should be doing their best to get as fit and as good as they possibly can. I don't blame the players though but whoever gave them permission to go off on holiday is having a laugh. Failure should be punished, not rewarded.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 pm

I couldn't remember which thread this should be on, so posted it elsewhere. Still, nice to see the effort is going in still ...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Freedman and Gartside should be put up against the wall!
The club is fast becoming a joke
Lets see Eddie laugh by Christmas when another few thousand stop going

Feckin' joke! Been down at the bottom with this lot once and that was enough.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 am

bobo the clown wrote:I couldn't remember which thread this should be on, so posted it elsewhere. Still, nice to see the effort is going in still ...

Isn't being a VIP, with one of our players, an oxymoron??

I can't get my head around this, what purpose does this serve at all? We've god knows however many coaching staff if Freedman is away and surely all the players away on international duty will be doing some kind of training??
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am

Maybe a loud chant of "We'd rather be in Ibiza than watching this shite" at the next home game would make them think.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Maybe a loud chant of "We'd rather be in Ibiza than watching this shite" at the next home game would make them think.
What a good idea