Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Personally, I think this Chungy love in is just a ruse to raise his value come January. Thankfully he's now playing well, so I can see a £2.5 million move to Hull or Everton on the cards in 5 weeks time. YHIHF.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Paddy Kenny - rolling into Oldham on loan. I didn't know he was our player to loan out. :conf:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/padd ... 08230.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Paddy Kenny - rolling into Oldham on loan. I didn't know he was our player to loan out. :conf:

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/padd ... 08230.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep, he signed on a short term contract when Boggers got injured, Kenny was unattached at the time (so to speak).
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Bollocks to that. Chungy's a Wanderer.

I hope those words don't come back to hit me in the face. (One for the predication thread eh! :D Here goes, 'he'll finish his career here')

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I think this Chungy love in is just a ruse to raise his value come January. Thankfully he's now playing well, so I can see a £2.5 million move to Hull or Everton on the cards in 5 weeks time. YHIHF.
If Len's going to build us a team back he won't do it by getting rid of our best players. We're hardly over-flowing with high quality right now. Apparently there's talk of Chungy being offered a new contract, so why think of selling him?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I think this Chungy love in is just a ruse to raise his value come January. Thankfully he's now playing well, so I can see a £2.5 million move to Hull or Everton on the cards in 5 weeks time. YHIHF.
If Len's going to build us a team back he won't do it by getting rid of our best players. We're hardly over-flowing with high quality right now. Apparently there's talk of Chungy being offered a new contract, so why think of selling him?
He might not be too keen on signing a contract with us in the position that we are in. We're not over-flowing with the money to build a team either, and Lennon might be of the opinion that it's better to get something for him in January than lose him for nothing in the summer.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:24 pm

I don't think we could afford to offer him a deal and certainly nothing like he'd get offered in the Premiership. If he's not gone in January, I'll show my aris on the Town Hall steps.......
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I don't think we could afford to offer him a deal and certainly nothing like he'd get offered in the Premiership. If he's not gone in January, I'll show my aris on the Town Hall steps.......
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... ow/?ref=ar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"the Northern Irishman also admits he could sell on players to raise cash to re-shape his squad".
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Having revived Chungy's career in short order, I reckon Lenin will want to keep him. If it can be funded. If not, then building him up for the best sell on price makes sense. Simples.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 pm

Lennon isn't going to flog Chungy in January.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Lennon might not but PG could.

If some club comes in with good money and I am thinking £3.5m plus, he will be sold.

Don't want him to go as I really rate him.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 pm

There's no way we'll get that amount with his contract up in 6 months' time. More likely to be around 1.5 mill absolute tops. He hasn't made any headlines for 3 years, I can't see a month of good form making people pay that amount when he's available for free very soon.

PG won't do anything over Lennon's head. If Lennon feels like we have a promotion shout come January he'll want him to stay until May.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Wanting him to stay and being sold, don't go together. That has been seen before.

We have a difference in values, clearly you don't rate him as highly as me.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm

I love Chungy, I've defended him to the hilt these last 3 years when everyone's been criticising him all over the shop. Believe me, I know how good he is. I honestly think Lennon will see his value regarding what he can offer us before May as being better than his price valuation. He's already hinted that what position we head into january in will influence his transfers. If he thinks we're in with a shout, he'll keep Chungy. He's practically based his team around him. Well, in fact - he has.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:52 pm

And with that I don't agree apart from the money offered which Lennon will have no control over and it enters fat phils playground.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:53 pm

You don't agree with what?

Nah, can't see Gartside risking fall out with Lennon at all. If Lennon wants him to stay, he will stay.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:37 am

Chungy would go for a decent fee but he's worth more to us than any realistic amount we could get for him. Now we have a good manager in charge, Gartside and Davies should be thinking up and if they are doing, they'll know that they can't get rid of our best players to achieve that. His sale would help our finances in the short term but in the long term, he could be the difference between staying in the Championship and getting promoted to the massively richer Premier League.

I'd be pretty down if he was sold, not just because I rate him highly, but his sale would be an admittance of a lack of ambition.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:37 am

What if he made it absolutely clear that he wouldn't accept the lower wage we might have to offer him post-FFP?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:56 am

Jugs wrote:You don't agree with what?

Nah, can't see Gartside risking fall out with Lennon at all. If Lennon wants him to stay, he will stay.
The word don't shouldn't be there. I agree apart from the financial side. Getting something for someone who will go for nothing is a no brainier.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:49 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Riviman wrote:Tom Eaves gone on loan to Yeovil

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/tom- ... 07389.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isn't today the last day for Footbal lLeague loans?
Yes, it is.
thebish wrote:also (in more ways than one) we've sent another of our young'uns out on loan to our current preferred young-uns finishing school - Oldham Athletic...

Tom Youngs, 20yr old winger...
Looks like they wanted another go on Conor Wilkinson (7 games, 5 starts, 1 goal):
[url=http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89103/wilko-return-hopes-fading]Oldham Evening Chronicle[/url] wrote rather than wrote:IT IS looking unlikely Conor Wilkinson will return this week for a second loan spell with Athletic.

Teenager Wilkinson made a terrific impact during his month’s loan in September.

Lee Johnson confirmed last week that he wanted to get Wilkinson back - but the Athletic boss said: “Conor’s got a knock to his knee, so it doesn’t look like it will happen before the loan deadline on Thursday.

“And Bolton have loaned Jermaine Beckford to Preston, so it’s doubtful he’ll be coming back. We have still got a couple of irons in the fire, but we haven’t got a lot of disposable cash so it could be a case of knuckling down with what we’ve got. We might be able to get a free loan, but that would probably be a young player - someone who might have an effect from the bench.”

My sources at Oldham say Wilkinson has looked impressive. Maybe we'll see more of him soon?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.