Rumour has it.............

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Rumour has it.............

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:46 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Vertigo wrote:Watched the Football League Show yesterday and Riley looked in good nick for Oxford. Surely it will be him at RB and Kellett/Threlkeld at LB next season?
Thought Oscar T was a(nother) right-back?
Yup. So, too, is Hayden White and they'll all have a job trying to oust Vela from the role the way he's adapted to it. He's the new Joeyeoeo'Brien.
Well, quite. Maybe White could be re-re-trained back to his original winger role. Maybe Threlkeld could play centre-back. Or maybe they won't all make it, which is usually the way with academies, but we'll have the gorm to include sell-on percentages when they go.

All that said, my hope would be that Vela will find a place in our midfield. It's his preferred position and, with his tackling, running and passing abilities, I think he could be the new McAteer.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:56 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Lennon is interested in Nick Powell from ManUre, currently on loan but not getting a game for Leicester. Scored for The Pie-eaters against us in both games last season (including an outrageous off-side over head kick at the Pie dome)
That might be piss poor 'journalism'

He was about to sign for us in August and United wanted him to sign for us, but he/his advisor decided Leicester was the better gig
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:07 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
All that said, my hope would be that Vela will find a place in our midfield. It's his preferred position and, with his tackling, running and passing abilities, I think he could be the new McAteer.
yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but.... if any aspiring young player could choose between being the new Nicky Hunt and the new Jason McAteer - he'd have to go with being the new Nicky Hunt every time, surely??? :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:15 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Lennon is interested in Nick Powell from ManUre, currently on loan but not getting a game for Leicester. Scored for The Pie-eaters against us in both games last season (including an outrageous off-side over head kick at the Pie dome)
That might be piss poor 'journalism'

He was about to sign for us in August and United wanted him to sign for us, but he/his advisor decided Leicester was the better gig

We dodged a bullet too. :drink:

Believe he's sorting himself out now, but has burned his bridges at Leicester. Just take his car keys off him
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:53 pm

its not really a rumour or secret, but ,THE WHITES ARE GOIN' UP !!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:59 pm

and i'd rather save the juke from getting splinters in his arse at burnley than rescue some Billy Bigtime from leicester's bench.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Yep, juke looked a player under freedman- imagine what lenny could do with him.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:51 am

The Juke, even has as sub has played every game for Burnley so far. I don't think we'll be bring him back. We have more chance of Marv :)
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:04 pm

TKIZ! wrote:The Juke, even has as sub has played every game for Burnley so far. I don't think we'll be bring him back. We have more chance of Marv :)
Wash your mouth out!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:30 pm

thebish wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but.... if any aspiring young player could choose between being the new Nicky Hunt and the new Jason McAteer - he'd have to go with being the new Nicky Hunt every time, surely??? :wink:
:oyea:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:15 am

Baptiste could be coming back.

Rovers are in the shit big time and starting to panic. Apparently if certain players go against Bowyer's wishes he could throw in the towel.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:41 am

Something needs to happen at right back, Baptiste or otherwise. We need to slot Vela into midfield. Better than Trotter in there.

And I'd take Powell definitely.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:08 pm

Jugs wrote:Something needs to happen at right back, Baptiste or otherwise. We need to slot Vela into midfield. Better than Trotter in there.

Thought Vela has been ok at right back when I've seen him (admittedly not every week), but definitely agree with Baptiste+Vela over Vela+Trotter.

How nippy is Powell? Big problem yesterday was lack of decent attacking pace. How long is/was Anelka's contract at Mumbai?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Hey, we lost one. A game too far possibly, and maybe our luck ran out. So long as we learn from it then hey-ho.

My views of T-rotter are well known. He must do something right in training for people to pick him & Lenin deserves the chance to try him out. I just hope that it's like a Beckford chance and when he fcks it up NL is persuaded that it's not going to work.

It's extremely telling that he picked him, and kept him on, ahead of Spearing. The lad must have seriously pissed on his chips. Also that Medo doesn't even get to the bench .... similarly. I wonder what's gone on.

I championed Vela early on but never expected to see him at full-back, nor get the laying time he has. He remains, at heart, a DM though and I feared he'd never get pitch time. If Spearing and Medo are in Lenin's bucket for the January sales then now Vela is both physically and mentally up to match speed he may well get his chance in that position. Certainly ahead of Trotter (who I read was played a bit further forward yesterday ??).

Is McNaughton out of the picture now ? I hope not, but this injury/illness thing seems to be dragging on.

In the cup I'd expect Eidur will get a rest, Heskey still be an off-the-bench option and Cravies not risked so I'd like to see my other big-hopes-for junior, Clough, get a run.

The incoming/outgoing in January are going to be very interesting.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:13 pm

midlands exile wrote:
Jugs wrote:Something needs to happen at right back, Baptiste or otherwise. We need to slot Vela into midfield. Better than Trotter in there.

Thought Vela has been ok at right back when I've seen him (admittedly not every week), but definitely agree with Baptiste+Vela over Vela+Trotter.

How nippy is Powell? Big problem yesterday was lack of decent attacking pace. How long is/was Anelka's contract at Mumbai?
Vela has been great at right back, but his natural position is midfield and he's a very good midfielder. With him in CM, we would certainly look a bit better than we have done recently. Then we can hopefully slot Mcnaughton or Baptise in at RB, both of whom are very competent full-backs. Even if Baptiste had a bit of a horror first year at the 'bok.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Jesus wept, we did well to get rid of Baptiste once, don't want to have to do it again. He's gash. Get the feeling Lennon sees Vela as a mini-lennon. He too started his senior career with a run at right-back before moving back centrally. McNaughton coming back would be good, but a proper striker and a proper winger seen the priorities now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:25 pm

Not having McNaughton me.. Was decent for a spell, but too often looked lacking in pace and struggled to offer us any width
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Aye think thats lennons view as well, not having this injury he supposedly has.

If threlkelds not ready be good to get him out on loan as well. Wonder how white is doing?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:04 pm

We need quality & three centre forwards according to the gaffer
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:13 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:We need quality & three centre forwards according to the gaffer
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30624864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
three??? blimey! :D