Owl we get on, on Saturday?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Owl we get on, on Saturday?

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:Exciting news? ???? Dear me
The curse of 24hr news access. Having to try and big-up everything that happens.

A 20yr old with 4th division experience. By all accounts a decent prospect and a 35 yr old keeper to cover for Bogdan's finger injury till Christmas. Sensible, to be fair, but "exciting" ???
It's certainly a big story, looking at the piccies of Kenny posted on here a short while back...

In fact, I feel a bit sorry for Iles having to make it sound good. Saturday's match report copy could've been just a black page, which would've captured the essence beautifully.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Good old Paddy, he'll certainly make the goals look smaller for opposition strikers. 1 word.... presence.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Taken me till sunday night to come in here. C&p views from last match. Yawn.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:01 pm

wigan white wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ Freedman is bewildered by it & so fooling himself that it all falls on him. This is the cry of middle managers who are out of their depth the whole World over.

He's pleading for love & understanding. He'd get it if we had 16 points from 18 instead of 2.

He honestly has no idea what the fck he's up to, how to change it or what's going wrong.
So to summarise, Freedman is David Brent!!!!
Let's hope he does the funny dance as he heads for the exit door. :grin:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:06 pm

Paddy Kenny celebrates signing for BWFC.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Brilliant news - a small child who can be immediately loaned out to a lower league club, and eventually leave for Stevenage, for nowt, in three years.

And a fat Bury reject.

I hope those Freedman out-era feel ashamed of themselves, now. Whining maggots are a cancer in our club
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am

By Christ that was rubbish wasn't it?

Full back who won't (or have been told not to) push on to help midfield, wingers who can't beat a man and centre forwards who won't attack the ball.

You can't expect Mark Davies to be back to his best straight away but I was crying out for him to get on the ball - too much to expect I suppose.

Spearing spent the full game making mistakes and then blaming every one else for them and I'd be interested to see how many touches of the ball the subs had.

I'd put money on it being less than 3 between them.

Thank goodness AL was on form.

Feany looked like being the only person who wanted the ball but did little with it. I don't mind that as much but there were times when an easy lay off was open to him but he just chose to lose it instead.

I loved Dougie getting some of the players over with about 2 minutes left to give them some tactics - wonder what his words of wisdom were?

The thing that did my nut in the most was right at the death when we had that free kick. It was crying out to be fired along the edge of the six yard box and yet it was lofted aimlessly into the air and booted clear.

A total lack of steel, a vacuum of ideas and a stadium that's emptying with every game.

I heard Freedman on the radio saying how he wanted to keep it tight and not conceed.

Well that's one thing but seeing as we were at home not to have a single worthwhile effort on goal is a disgrace.

According to my ticket price that was a Catagory A game. That shouldn't be decided by how big the opposition are it should be decided by our place in the league.

For that was Catagory Z football.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:37 am

coffeymagic wrote:I'd be interested to see how many touches of the ball the subs had. I'd put money on it being less than 3 between them.
According to WhoScored.com, Pratley had 13 touches, Cravies 8, Beckford 2. Two! In 29 minutes and 43 seconds!

(A word, while I'm at it, on WhoScored: they use the quantitative stats - touches, passes, accurate long balls, crosses completed etc - to come up with a somewhat arguable "rating". I say somewhat arguable: Moxey got 7.4, second only to Matt Mills. I can only imagine it weights heavily for interceptions, which Moxey led with 5, and shots blocked.)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 am

In Moxey's defence, that's the best game I've seen him play this season!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 am

Is there a stat for the amount of times that the hapless Moxey lunged in after having the piss taken out of him?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:44 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
coffeymagic wrote:I'd be interested to see how many touches of the ball the subs had. I'd put money on it being less than 3 between them.
According to WhoScored.com, Pratley had 13 touches, Cravies 8, Beckford 2. Two! In 29 minutes and 43 seconds!

(A word, while I'm at it, on WhoScored: they use the quantitative stats - touches, passes, accurate long balls, crosses completed etc - to come up with a somewhat arguable "rating". I say somewhat arguable: Moxey got 7.4, second only to Matt Mills. I can only imagine it weights heavily for interceptions, which Moxey led with 5, and shots blocked.)
Jay Spearing finding a white shirt 6/10 times is pretty appalling for a man in his position in a 5 man midfield.

Got to chuckle at the auto-analysis bits here
Strengths
(Team showed no significant strengths)

Weaknesses
Were poor at finishing

Styles
(Team showed no specific style of play)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

I was having a look around on Saturday thinking 'How many of these players BOLTON players?'

Not in the way they come to work, pull on a shirt and stagger around the pitch like zombies for an hour half - Bolton players in the sense that they have the club's interests and success at their very heart.

Moxey? Beckford? Spearing? Chungy? it seems an insult to the word 'journeyman' when you apply it to these guys. Even Pratters has more in him than this shower.

The whole ethos at the club now is 'the bare minimum will do'. Players who know that wehn we go down they'll probably get picked up by another club in the bottom half of the Champtionship lead by a manager that knows he'll get a job on local radio, then Talksport and then at another club based on the fact he brought Zaha through.

Perhaps Ream, Mills...now you're asking Criag Davies are in the mould of former Wanderers players but there's no one on the pitch the fans can focus on to start things up.

I know they were 'glory' days but when you think of McGinaly, Taggart, Elliott, Fairclough each and every position was filled by a leader who was prepared and more importantly was driven by the urge to take the game by the scruff of the throat and demand the same of the players around him.

It was called being part of a team.

Now we have a bunch of nice people never seen since the days of...I can't even say Phil Neal because in that team we had Joyce, Darby and Thompson who WERE Bolton Wanderers.

Letting the youth team dismantle and vanish into thin air in favour of signing loanee after loanee is vaporising any interest the fans could have in having local lads on the pitch. Players who've been a the club since leaving school.

Surely to shit they'd show a bit more fire than this lot?

We've still not won a game in 90minutes. We've still not scored in the second half of a league game and we've still got Freedman talking about this elusive win that's going to catapult us up the league.

I was really surprised when the attendance was announced on Saturday that it was over 15,000

By this rate they'll be more poople living in Homs than will be coming to games.

I've seen this before and it doesn't end well.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Incredible how Wednesday were allowed to come to our place and completely nice person us.

If they had a decent frontman, it could've been 6/7
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Special mention for Jay 'skipper' Spearing, who constantly screamed at his teammates for not being stood wherever he sliced or shanked the fvckin ball too, the shithouse scouse prick.

Great when Mark Davies laughed at one of his passes going out for a throw-in literally 15 yards away from where he intended it to go... He didn't like it. But he's wank, so he can suck it

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:00 pm

boltonboris wrote:Special mention for Jay 'skipper' Spearing, who constantly screamed at his teammates for not being stood wherever he sliced or shanked the fvckin ball too, the shithouse scouse prick.

Great when Mark Davies laughed at one of his passes going out for a throw-in literally 15 yards away from where he intended it to go... He didn't like it. But he's wank, so he can suck it
One of his own, or Spearing's?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:18 pm

One of Spearings my mate

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:10 pm

When the ball goes near Spearing he looks like he thinks it's made of red hot coals or some radioactive material that will take his foot off if he has contact with it for more than a split second. How he gets his place ahead of Medo is a mystery - yes I know he's captain and all that but he really should have been substituted at half time (preferably earlier). Can't tell if Moxey was as bad as people say because he didn't stand up for long enough to make a judgement.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Are there any, ahem, highlights of Saturday doing the rounds yet? NiceHotCuppaTea usually flings them up?!

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Are there any, ahem, highlights of Saturday doing the rounds yet? NiceHotCuppaTea usually flings them up?!
Yes. You can get them online by viewing FLS on I-Player or, if you don't have internet access you can simply stare at a painted wall.

twitter @thetonycoffey

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 pm

coffeymagic wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Are there any, ahem, highlights of Saturday doing the rounds yet? NiceHotCuppaTea usually flings them up?!
Yes. You can get them online by viewing FLS on I-Player or, if you don't have internet access you can simply stare at a painted wall.
In the truest sense, there really is nothing to see here. If you don't believe me go to 30:05 on here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 5-14092014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TC - Didn't you say that you'd be sitting close to the dugouts? What was watching DF like from close quarters? And does Lennie Lawrence actually do anything whatsoever? :conf: