Site For Sale

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Site For Sale

Post by Salford Trotter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 pm

MARvellous news and fair play to all those other posters that have stepped up to offer their support in our hour of need
The Voice Of Reason

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Its a shame for others and I hope someone can take it on as by far the best site for BW.

I've not been on here for some time as I too have lost interest in football and tired of it now. Hope for those still interested that it all gets sorted to everyones satisfaction.
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Raven wrote:Its a shame for others and I hope someone can take it on as by far the best site for BW.

I've not been on here for some time as I too have lost interest in football and tired of it now. Hope for those still interested that it all gets sorted to everyones satisfaction.

A man who is tired of The-Wanderer is tired of life or summat.

Get the'sen over to General Banter. There's plenty to keep you occupied until the upturn.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Whoever it is - could they fix it so that this thread doesn't stay red once someone else writes in it until you 'mark all read'.

Like it probably has now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:Whoever it is - could they fix it so that this thread doesn't stay red once someone else writes in it until you 'mark all read'.

:conf: Seems to behave like other threads....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Prufrock wrote:Whoever it is - could they fix it so that this thread doesn't stay red once someone else writes in it until you 'mark all read'.

It does it for me too.
It's because it was an announcement. It's not one anymore. :)
Businesswoman of the year.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:16 am

What's the latest? Christmas is coming so need to set aside some doubloons.
On a slight tangent, nipped in to sluffy's site and there are a number of high posters, obviously long time members who seem to crap on posters who disagree with them. Abuse is rife, not banter but real abuse. By comparison Natalie, also a member, is an angel. So his assertion that his site is cheap and fair and everyone gets respect is just a load of testicles, though it does appear to be cheap. I was invited to join to view pics and post but I didn't have the will power. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Gravedigger wrote:What's the latest? Christmas is coming so need to set aside some doubloons.
On a slight tangent, nipped in to sluffy's site and there are a number of high posters, obviously long time members who seem to crap on posters who disagree with them. Abuse is rife, not banter but real abuse. By comparison Natalie, also a member, is an angel. So his assertion that his site is cheap and fair and everyone gets respect is just a load of testicles, though it does appear to be cheap. I was invited to join to view pics and post but I didn't have the will power. 8)
Natalie? Do you mean Natasha? Or has she changed her name again. You say there are a number of "high posters" who are abusive - I've noticed when some of our posters get high, the abuse can fly around! Every site is different and probably reflects its members. I found Wanderer's Way had too much abuse and swearing, but some people like that kind of banter. It is also, I believe, self-evident that if the site administration doesn't moderate discussions and impose discipline, discussion will become - er - franker. So one can choose between a regulated site and an open one, and these options and colours in between tend to be available - pick the site that suits you. This said I have known Sluffy on and off for a long time (virtually speaking). I understand why our powers that be have found him annoying, but in the latest imbroglio he was far more sinned against than sinning when it came to abuse (check what was said by him and to him). For this reason I thought a permanent ban was an over-reaction on the part of site administration, but such things are not a question where my opinion is of value, so there wasn't much point in saying anything.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Gravedigger wrote:What's the latest? Christmas is coming so need to set aside some doubloons.
It's not a busy site is it

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 pm

It seems to have a fair amount of postings, Hoboh. But also lots and lots of different sections and lots of the posts are one liners or even single word responses. However the quality didn't shine through so gave me no interest. And you're right, Monty, it was, is, Natasha. Seemed to be among her own. Oh, well, onwards and upwards. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:42 pm

I actually thought Natasha was funny tbh, she was worse on 606

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Hoboh wrote:I actually thought Natasha was funny tbh, she was worse on 606
I found her really, really, tediously annoying. Sluffy is an old woman as well. If this site folded I would rather not bother going on a BWFC forum than go on that one with those two.

Just my personal opinion.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:30 pm

I remember her on 606. Was she a real person?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Just to clarify, I mean an actual woman. Or a portly 50 year old bloke in stockings and suspenders?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:54 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Just to clarify, I mean an actual woman. Or a portly 50 year old bloke in stockings and suspenders?
By Jove ... he's got it !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:51 am

LeverEnd wrote:Just to clarify, I mean an actual woman. Or a portly 50 year old bloke in stockings and suspenders?
This has never been entirely clear and various theories have been advanced. Stinkythefrog or Sluffy would probably know but one is gone and one's well sped.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:31 am

I seem to remember, from the dim and distant past on 606, the name Nick Green being mentioned. No idea whether it has any basis in fact.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:56 pm

And a Tory minister...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:57 pm

William the White wrote:
And a Tory minister...
Tangerine in mouth...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
By Jove ... he's got it !!
feck me! Is that an admittance of guilt? :shock: