Empty seats @ Macron

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Empty seats @ Macron

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 pm

The average price of a ticket was £8.15 last season. We make circa £130k per game from gate receipts. An additional £43k per game would be a decent improvement.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 am

Aye, it's still more money in the clubs pocket. If anything, the argument that it's peanuts should mean you let folk in for less even if it *costs* money, coz if it's not making a difference financially you might as well let the people going have some bloody fun off the pitch, coz they aren't getting any on it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:02 am

I think they need to wait until we're either winning under Dougie (I know!), or we have a new manager before trying to get people back. You could pay them to come right now and they wouldn't come back.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:54 am

Yeah, I wouldn't attend if it was free either. It's not about the cost, it's the principle of not wanting to be seen as supporting a bunch of people who are ruining the club. Its not even the failure that bothers me, because I can accept that and still be a proud fan, it's just the apathy that I can't stand. I feel like the disgruntled fans are ignored by the BWFC bubble who don't want to acknowledge the absolute failure that is unfolding. You never hear from the chairman, the staff, players or manager about what is really happening, things just plod on and the same tired excuses get used ad nauseam without an ounce of honesty. I don't want to hear the constant excuses about money, the players whining about bad luck or Freedman talking about 'what he's trying to do', I just want some honest, up front answers and a solution to them.

As a fan, I can't do much because the money I'd spend on tickets, merchandise etc. is a drop in the water, but that's the problem and why we keep being ignored. The only way fans can get the clubs attention is to protest by not attending matches and whilst that isn't something I don't want to do, how else can I show my feelings in a meaningful way? If another 5000 stopped attending, you'd hope that the backroom staff would start to understand the displeasure.

Maybe I'm wrong to do this, I don't know. I'd rather avoid Bolton matches than seem like a hypocrite by venting my frustration constantly and then still doing my bit as a fan.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:59 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't attend if it was free either. It's not about the cost, it's the principle of not wanting to be seen as supporting a bunch of people who are ruining the club. Its not even the failure that bothers me, because I can accept that and still be a proud fan, it's just the apathy that I can't stand. I feel like the disgruntled fans are ignored by the BWFC bubble who don't want to acknowledge the absolute failure that is unfolding. You never hear from the chairman, the staff, players or manager about what is really happening, things just plod on and the same tired excuses get used ad nauseam without an ounce of honesty. I don't want to hear the constant excuses about money, the players whining about bad luck or Freedman talking about 'what he's trying to do', I just want some honest, up front answers and a solution to them.

As a fan, I can't do much because the money I'd spend on tickets, merchandise etc. is a drop in the water, but that's the problem and why we keep being ignored. The only way fans can get the clubs attention is to protest by not attending matches and whilst that isn't something I don't want to do, how else can I show my feelings in a meaningful way? If another 5000 stopped attending, you'd hope that the backroom staff would start to understand the displeasure.

Maybe I'm wrong to do this, I don't know. I'd rather avoid Bolton matches than seem like a hypocrite by venting my frustration constantly and then still doing my bit as a fan.
You're right SJF, if I wasn't visiting family tonight, i wouldn't be bothering and I've got a season ticket.

It's getting to the point where it'd be stupid to go if you were a "floating" fan.

My dad is away at the moment and to upgrade his ticket from a pensioner to an adult is the best part of £20. It's bloody stupid.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:42 am

SmokinFrazier wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't attend if it was free either. It's not about the cost, it's the principle of not wanting to be seen as supporting a bunch of people who are ruining the club. Its not even the failure that bothers me, because I can accept that and still be a proud fan, it's just the apathy that I can't stand. I feel like the disgruntled fans are ignored by the BWFC bubble who don't want to acknowledge the absolute failure that is unfolding. You never hear from the chairman, the staff, players or manager about what is really happening, things just plod on and the same tired excuses get used ad nauseam without an ounce of honesty. I don't want to hear the constant excuses about money, the players whining about bad luck or Freedman talking about 'what he's trying to do', I just want some honest, up front answers and a solution to them.

See, that's an interesting one. Certainly when any team is on its way down, there are always "very good" reasons that some supporters stop supporting.

And clearly they do, apart from a couple of teams.

But I'm not sure what message folks think the Club leadership aren't getting. I certainly didn't stop supporting them through Megson (dire football), Coyle (who actually took us down) etc. even when I thought we were doing it all wrong, especially when we didn't flirt Coyle.

But I don't believe we are "being ignored", particularly. What do people expect? Garty is going to sit down next to them and whisper in their shell like that he agrees Douggie is shite, but we don't have the money to sack him?

I also don't think "we don't hear what's really happening" is true either. It's been said (and on record in last year's accounts). Broadly last years Accounts say we can't spend our way out of this because we're skint. I'm not sure what else you would expect them to tell us? Highlights from last years Accounts were.

1) Turnover dropped by £30m (circa 40%)
2) Hospitality reduced 41%
3) Merchandising reduced 40%
4) Broadcasting down 70%
5) Sponsorship down 75%
6) Wage bill reduced by £18m (33%)
7) Value of squad - reduced from £49.7m to £14.1m (in the director opinion)

The absolute priority is to try and create a Club, sustainable on Championship revenues (it says - not me), which involves removing discretionary capital spend - I suspect that includes such elements as paying for players, sacking managers etc.

Which bits are they not telling?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 am

^ he wouldn't know - cos they haven't told him! ;-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 am

Worthy4England wrote: 7) Value of squad - £14.1m (in the director opinion delusion)
Agree with what you've written Worthy, but couldn't resist highlighting this bit!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: 7) Value of squad - £14.1m (in the director opinion delusion)
Agree with what you've written Worthy, but couldn't resist highlighting this bit!
Indeed - this was the Report to June 2013 - so we've lost some since then - wonder how much they'll write down for Sordell, Andrews and N'gog.

That'd be the 0.1 then... :-)

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:01 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Indeed - this was the Report to June 2013 - so we've lost some since then - wonder how much they'll write down for Sordell, Andrews and N'gog.

Perhaps the value was based on salary rather than saleability? These accountants are slippery customers!

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:45 pm

I'd say just give it a trial run for 3 home games, any seat £10.

See what happens. I'm sure we'd get more in that normal.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

UK ah, but Trotter adds £7mill or so, Shirley.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Being an occasional half wit, I ordered 4 tickets for the Sheffield and Rotherham games as I'd forgotten I was off to Portgual. I couldn't give away the Saturday tickets. No one wanted them, even for nothing. A mate took last night's tickets and enjoyed the match, but he made the point that he wouldn't be paying for a ticket this season and I certainly won't be stumping up 28 quid anytime soon. Neither will a good number of my friends, many of whom have been long term ST holders until last year.

I'm a supporter and a customer. I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. I won't pay good money for shite, it goes against the grain, particularly when it's gong into the pockets of a manager who hasn't got a clue and a number of blokes who can't be bothered to live up to their staggering wages.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Perhaps the value was based on salary rather than saleability? These accountants are slippery customers!
I think you will find we have to take exams that prove we are honest and that every accountant that has ever taken exams like CIMA, AAT and ACCA even Arthur Anderson's accountant are 100% truthful.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Well call me mad but I'm going to Wolves on Saturday and have also got my Fulham and Chelsea tickets.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Being an occasional half wit, I ordered 4 tickets for the Sheffield and Rotherham games as I'd forgotten I was off to Portgual. I couldn't give away the Saturday tickets. No one wanted them, even for nothing. A mate took last night's tickets and enjoyed the match, but he made the point that he wouldn't be paying for a ticket this season and I certainly won't be stumping up 28 quid anytime soon. Neither will a good number of my friends, many of whom have been long term ST holders until last year.

I'm a supporter and a customer. I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. I won't pay good money for shite, it goes against the grain, particularly when it's gong into the pockets of a manager who hasn't got a clue and a number of blokes who can't be bothered to live up to their staggering wages.
Indeed, why would any customer do this? Those of us that do are obviously stupid, boneheaded supporters... I think the two are mutually exclusive, with a significant blur around the edges, a crossover, where you and, I suspect, many others linger...

l support my club... It has, over decades, offered me shite and joy, and, always, both in the same season, and often in the same game... I don't think this makes me a better person, or a more discerning one, or anything else in terms of an order of merit... It just means that at the moment I don't live on the same field as you, that's all...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Being an occasional half wit, I ordered 4 tickets for the Sheffield and Rotherham games as I'd forgotten I was off to Portgual. I couldn't give away the Saturday tickets. No one wanted them, even for nothing. A mate took last night's tickets and enjoyed the match, but he made the point that he wouldn't be paying for a ticket this season and I certainly won't be stumping up 28 quid anytime soon. Neither will a good number of my friends, many of whom have been long term ST holders until last year.

:oyea: :pissed:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:46 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I think you will find we have to take exams that prove we are honest and that every accountant that has ever taken exams like CIMA, AAT and ACCA even Arthur Anderson's accountant are 100% truthful.
An exam only proves that you answered a number of questions correctly or incorrectly.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

I can't tell, but I really hope you are being sarcastic with this comment Dan. As in my job, I deal with accountants everyday and examine the work they do and I can tell you that even though most are ok and decent, there's a hell of a lot that are incompetent in the work they produce for companies and a lot are down right "Dodgy as feck" so just because the accounts say one thing it doesn't actually mean that it's correct.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:21 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

You'll come to realise that when it comes to answering the ethical questions in exams, your answer will reflect what the examiner wants you to write. It won't necessarily reflect what you may do in a certain situation. Not that I am questioning your honesty and integrity in any way, shape or form!