Shopuld BWFC sack Freedman now?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Should BWFC sack Dougie Freedman?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Yes, before Fulham
87%
Depends on next two games
9%
No
4%

Total votes: 67

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shopuld BWFC sack Freedman now?

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:44 pm

He's still working hard behind the scenes I see. Must be one hell of a job to take two years and still be nowhere near completion.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:49 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Would you swap him for AB is the real question?
Akin Bulent? Yes! he'd teach our forwards how to carve open a defence.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:He's still working hard behind the scenes I see. Must be one hell of a job to take two years and still be nowhere near completion.

Dougie relaxes on Sunday by taking the dog he's been training for two years for a quiet walk...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Riviman wrote: Lennie Lawrence( just what does he do?).
We had a game of that yesterday. All prizes remain unclaimed. Anyone? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:32 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Would you swap him for AB is the real question?
Akin Bulent? Yes! he'd teach our forwards how to carve open a defence.
What about Aidy Boothroyd?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
He runs a Nuclear Power Plant ffs. Give him a break !!

Image Image
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Cracked it. Lennie gives the halftime motivational team talks. here he is in action:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:02 pm

41 votes, 91% "yes before Fulham"...

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:07 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
He runs a Nuclear Power Plant ffs. Give him a break !!

Image Image
Does that mean DF is really Smithers? :wink:

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Reading the Bolton News story, ED really runs the risk of alienating a lot of the fans.

Results prove the man is not up to the job and the gamble hasn't paid off regardless of us now being compliant with FFP
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:51 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Reading the Bolton News story, ED really runs the risk of alienating a lot of the fans.

Results prove the man is not up to the job and the gamble hasn't paid off regardless of us now being compliant with FFP
But he's hiding behind that.

OK, that may be why we couldn't buy Juke. Maybe a couple of others, but it's no explanation for confused tactics and lacklustre performances and a squad with ... Bogdan, Mills, Wheater, McNaughton, Spearing, CYL, Mavies, Mason, Beckford (yes, I know) etc. are in the bottom 3 after 9 games and appear toe getting worse, not better.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

In some ways, given we're now into Monday afty and he's still there, this thread is now redundant. (Can't see him going before Tuesday night now, can you?)

Interesting how the numbers have stacked up though (and surprising there weren't more votes - should we enfranchise 16-year-olds on TW? Nah.)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:46 pm

Totally agree with you Bobo. Not arguing for the man to stay. I want shut now as the toxic cloud that current sits over the team is certainly doing more harm than good. Even McNaughton has suggested it's not good for the team for fans to be booing. I would respond "Play blooming better then"
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Is the useless c*nt still ere?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:Is the useless c*nt still ere?
Yes, they've clearly decided that if they flirt him straight after the Fulham game, we can save on the fcuker's train fare home.

bobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bobby » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 am

I agree he needs to go. Although I would give him the next 2 games but want 6 points, anything less and get rid. I'm sure gartside can't be enjoying seeing the club become relegation candidates, and suspect freedman will be out by the international break.

Then the question becomes who we need. I'd go for Dave Jones. We need someone experienced at this level, who will bring some unity to this group. Watching the derby game made me think that there wasn't a single lad on our side who I would call a real Bolton wanderers player. That said, they should be playing better, and it's freedmans poor tactics which seem to lie behind our dismal efforts of late.
I'm not one to boo my own team as I go to matches to get behind the team, which is needed most when we're struggling. That said, I did quite enjoy the clear message that as fans we aren't happy with the current situation and want it changing.
Paradew seems to be on his way out, would much prefer him to Douglas, though that headbutt makes me question whether he's the man we really want, and I suppose his wages would be far too high for us, and he'd probably not fancy moving down divisions to lowly bolton.

bobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bobby » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:31 am

I agree he needs to go. Although I would give him the next 2 games but want 6 points, anything less and get rid. I'm sure gartside can't be enjoying seeing the club become relegation candidates, and suspect freedman will be out by the international break.

Then the question becomes who we need. I'd go for Dave Jones. We need someone experienced at this level, who will bring some unity to this group. Watching the derby game made me think that there wasn't a single lad on our side who I would call a real Bolton wanderers player. That said, they should be playing better, and it's freedmans poor tactics which seem to lie behind our dismal efforts of late.
I'm not one to boo my own team as I go to matches to get behind the team, which is needed most when we're struggling. That said, I did quite enjoy the clear message that as fans we aren't happy with the current situation and want it changing.
Paradew seems to be on his way out, would much prefer him to Douglas, though that headbutt makes me question whether he's the man we really want, and I suppose his wages would be far too high for us, and he'd probably not fancy moving down divisions to lowly bolton.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 am

bobby wrote:I agree he needs to go. Although I would give him the next 2 games but want 6 points, anything less and get rid. I'm sure gartside can't be enjoying seeing the club become relegation candidates, and suspect freedman will be out by the international break.

Reckon him and Davies don;t give a fcuk anymore TBH
Gartside, the incompetent nice person that allowed our debt to spiral out of control worried, I doubt it.
There clearly is some reason that Davies does not seem to want any money back that quickly but trying to find out much about his business ain't easy.

bobby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bobby » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:14 am

Hoboh wrote:
bobby wrote:I agree he needs to go. Although I would give him the next 2 games but want 6 points, anything less and get rid. I'm sure gartside can't be enjoying seeing the club become relegation candidates, and suspect freedman will be out by the international break.

Reckon him and Davies don;t give a fcuk anymore TBH
Gartside, the incompetent tw*t that allowed our debt to spiral out of control worried, I doubt it.
There clearly is some reason that Davies does not seem to want any money back that quickly but trying to find out much about his business ain't easy.
I don't know, though I hope that he does. As chairman he ought to, and at least ought to be seeing to care. We had got into bad debt and instead of investing in a solid manager, Gartside went on the cheap and brought in Dougie most likely with the aim of balancing the books and keeping us in the championship, which is looking increasingly less likely. That's why I would, and I suspect phil and Eddie, give the manager another 2 games to get us out of the relegation zone and prove he is capable of keeping us up. If he does so I can see him keeping his job until his contract runs out, so we save compo. However I think we'll lose our next 2 and then sat firmly in the bottom 3 Phil will have no option other than to get rid.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Any of those who voted give him two more games want to put their X's in another box after tonight? :spank: