Bournemouth frustration...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bournemouth frustration...

Post by HMX » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Bollocks

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Gah.

Well, sounded like we had some heart, but now we've got a fortnight to find some brains. Good luck Bolton.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Other results could have gone worse. Fulham lost, and the six teams above the drop zone all drew.

But obviously we need to start winning. Five points behind fourth-bottom Wiggin.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 pm

stuff like this -

"if fecking fartside had given the job to jimmy philips this wouldnt have happened ."

- is next

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Hmmm...the title of this thread turns out to be prescient, after all.

As we discussed earlier, sacking Freedman at noon yesterday was not likely to prompt Jimmy Phillips to take the helm - even temporarily.

Today's nominal management team showed little nous. When Mavies went off, for instance, that might have been a good moment to move Danns alongside Spearing and bring Feeney on to stretch a team down to ten men?

Also not sure how many desperate teams have clawed a game back by having three strikers on (even if one, Clayton, is being played out of position).

5 points adrift is only part of the damage done today. Add to that NOT getting the post-manager bounce and the confidence drain of being done over by ten men.

Two weeks break is probably just what we need now.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:31 pm

I have to say a1. Dan and his Aidy Boothroyd posts are less pointless and dull. Any chance you could spam us with summat different for a day or two for a break?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Much better today.

We still aren't good enough but the players actually looked like they cared and we created some good chances.

This team has been training for this game under Freedmans tactics for the last week so we can't expect miracles.

Mark Davies' injury looked bad, lets hope he isn't out for too long but I fear it's going to for the rest of the season.


Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:40 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:Mark Davies' injury looked bad, lets hope he isn't out for too long but I fear it's going to for the rest of the season.
When he went down at the end of the half, was that a separate incident to the red card, or a recurrence?

You'd hope the fact that he stayed on after the first was a good sign, but Wheater carried on with a bad 'un...

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:56 pm

feck, I really hope M Davies' injury isn't serious.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:Mark Davies' injury looked bad, lets hope he isn't out for too long but I fear it's going to for the rest of the season.
When he went down at the end of the half, was that a separate incident to the red card, or a recurrence?

You'd hope the fact that he stayed on after the first was a good sign, but Wheater carried on with a bad 'un...
Something separate, he got kicked in the face for the red card.

Mark Davies carried on the last time he was out for 9 months too. He wasn't running properly when he came back on, I'm guessing ligaments.


a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I have to say a1. Dan and his Aidy Boothroyd posts are less pointless and dull. Any chance you could spam us with summat different for a day or two for a break?
why ? i'm not giving the club a shoe-ing .. if these pricks get their way again

.. theres no telling were we could end up.

you might have confidence we'll be alright when mcginlay or campo or steinson rocks up. but i don't.

FFFP is fecking us over , but the rest of the world probably think this-

about it..

i dunno.

who would you get ?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Separate.

He went down holding his knee. After treatment tried to run it off ... even kicked the ball hard with that foot and he looked pained and shook his head to the bench. It could just be a jarring but, especially given his history, there's a fear it's more serious.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

How was the atmosphere at the match? Not toxic, I hope.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:44 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
He went down holding his knee. After treatment tried to run it off ... even kicked the ball hard with that foot and he looked pained and shook his head to the bench. It could just be a jarring but, especially given his history, there's a fear it's more serious.

of course it's serious - he's played (what?) 2 and a bit games in a row?? He must be due another 9months on the sick...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:51 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:Much better today.

We still aren't good enough but the players actually looked like they cared and we created some good chances.

This team has been training for this game under Freedmans tactics for the last week so we can't expect miracles.

Mark Davies' injury looked bad, lets hope he isn't out for too long but I fear it's going to for the rest of the season.
Miracles? We lost against a team playing a man down for most of the game! Who had their striker sent off!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:01 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:Much better today.

Miracles? We lost against a team playing a man down for most of the game! Who had their striker sent off!
Maybe so but some of our players are so bad it's like playing with 10 men so it evens itself out.


a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:22 pm

jmjhb wrote:How was the atmosphere at the match? Not toxic, I hope.
dont know if youve seen it , but i saw this picture-

i'm guessing my campo 4 manager 'jokes' are a wish list in the minds of some people.

i dont see why they don't all save their money up and instead of wasting it on bedsheets and paint, club together and buy bwfc .

they can do what they want then.

and theyre cleverer than the likes of davies/freedman/gartside and the rest becoz they have all evidently been more successful.

they dont even need to buy the club, they just need to give garty £800k a year and they can make him clean the bogs at their various mansions/multi-national-busineses and it'll get him out of bolton wanderers at the same time.

piece of piss.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:48 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:

Mark Davies carried on the last time he was out for 9 months too. He wasn't running properly when he came back on, I'm guessing ligaments.

i don't wish the lad harm but he was useless today.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
adamworthy2002 wrote:

i don't wish the lad harm but he was useless today.
Yep he certainly didn't stand out but he's still one of our better players. Lets hope it's not too serious!
