Bournemouth frustration...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Bournemouth frustration...

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Bournemouth's ball retention is very good indeed. I expect to see them use this to frustrate our lot. Moxey to be sent off by half time for diving in (the shitcunt). I'll be there to see us lose 2-0, for all Hell to break loose, and to wish I hadn't bothered.

See you in the pub afterwards for the post mortem. :drink:
I take it you'll be coming now, Andy Fairweather Low? :D
Already promised my ticket to my bro. Be in the pub after though - and expecting happier tales. :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:43 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:Fullarton and Hughes in charge? :conf:
Still not known, says the BN's live blog:

"I am told that an announcement regarding the future of Dougie's backroom staff is expected before close of play today. Rumours linking Jimmy Phillips with the job earlier are still unconfirmed."

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Hopefully a win for us, lets face it every team we face who have just sacked their manager manages to beat us so perhaps we can come away with 3 points.
Anyone like to suggest what the team might be? Please not Mason on his own up front!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Riviman wrote:Hopefully a win for us, lets face it every team we face who have just sacked their manager manages to beat us so perhaps we can come away with 3 points.
Anyone like to suggest what the team might be? Please not Mason on his own up front!
it'll be 4-4-2. Whoever the manager is.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /5153912/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fullerton and Hughes in charge according to Goal !

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Riviman wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /5153912/-

Fullerton and Hughes in charge according to Goal !
I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...I think I'd have felt more like it was "temporary" if it had been JP and Lee. :|

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Marc Iles reporting in BN that Wanderers will not be making an announcement as to who is in charge tomorrow. Which is rather odd but typical of the way the whole situation has been mishandled.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Well when it goes tits up again, there's only Garty who'll get the brunt of it, I suspect.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Riviman wrote:Marc Iles reporting in BN that Wanderers will not be making an announcement as to who is in charge tomorrow. Which is rather odd but typical of the way the whole situation has been mishandled.
Amazing !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Riviman wrote:Marc Iles reporting in BN that Wanderers will not be making an announcement as to who is in charge tomorrow. Which is rather odd but typical of the way the whole situation has been mishandled.
Amazing !!

Yep and follows nicely from yesterday's BN certainty that it had been 'confirmed' that DF would be in charge tomorrow.

Even if we let that go as an indicator that the deal was still being ironed out, why the new mystery?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Yesterday the BN simply reported what the club released: that DF was to take today's pre-match press conference, as usual. Either that was the club misleading the media or they truly have had a change of heart.

This latest, about no announcement till tomorrow, is bizarre. Has anybody taken training today? By the way Iles is also saying he understands Lennie & Curtis are NOT in the running for the caretaker job.

Just very odd. What should the players do? Do they know if they're in the XI or the squad? If they do, presumably somebody chose them: the caretaker? If so, why hide the identity?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yesterday the BN simply reported what the club released: that DF was to take today's pre-match press conference, as usual. Either that was the club misleading the media or they truly have had a change of heart.

This latest, about no announcement till tomorrow, is bizarre. Has anybody taken training today? By the way Iles is also saying he understands Lennie & Curtis are NOT in the running for the caretaker job.

Just very odd. What should the players do? Do they know if they're in the XI or the squad? If they do, presumably somebody chose them: the caretaker? If so, why hide the identity?
Tsk DSB, the team was picked three weeks ago, course they know who's in the squad, what formation, tactics and how we're going to play it! :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yesterday the BN simply reported what the club released: that DF was to take today's pre-match press conference, as usual. Either that was the club misleading the media or they truly have had a change of heart.

Tsk DSB, the team was picked three weeks ago, course they know who's in the squad, what formation, tactics and how we're going to play it! :-)
Aaah, yes, quite. :oyea:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Maybe they are still digging down the back of the sofa for change to pay these guys off and will confirm their departures in due course and think an announcement will pre-empt that.
Or something.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Iles suggested on radio BW not announced who is taking team tomorrow as both, Fullerton and Hughes were brought in by Freedman and by not having JP and DL in charge means theycould be free for interview for the job full time! Only at the Wanderers can they make such an enormous c*** up of the whole thing.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Amazing !!
you STILL think we thought this all through and planned ahead?? :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:50 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Amazing !!
I simply can't believe they hadn't at least considered it.

The signs are that they didn't, admittedly.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:06 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I simply can't believe they hadn't at least considered it.

ahh the naivety of youth! :D

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:11 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Amazing !!
smells distinctly of reacting to the natives

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Marc Iles has posted on the Bolton News live web chat that he understands that Lee Turner and Andy Hughes will be in charge tomorrow.

Lee Turner, anyone? :conf:
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'