Bournemouth frustration...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Bournemouth frustration...

Post by twilight » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:22 pm

I think some of the players tried hard today, but in truth they aren't good enough...either that or Freedman has truly brainwashed them into not playing. When Bournemouth went 2 v1 up, there didn;t seem any urgency, no pressing, no heart? although maybe as well they just dont't have any confidence at all.

All in all, this team need organising, some motivation, and a big boot up their backsides!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:52 pm

it needs a forward.

and the board/gartside/whoever said no (think it was in the paper)

dont think it were owt to do with freedman wasting it on one of his mates, but, like, "we carnt" (probably either we carnt afford it, or fffp sez we carnt)

fecking bastard

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:05 pm

jmjhb wrote:How was the atmosphere at the match? Not toxic, I hope.
No, it wasn't toxic. It felt, even in a frustrating game like this, that a cloud had lifted. No - had budged, perhaps.

And there were supportive chants a lot of the time. a few boos and one serious chant of 'Gartside Out' at the whistle.

But the players came to salute the crowd - they applauded as people were singing 'We love you Bolton...' after the whistle - it felt to me that supporters were on board for now and the future, grateful for the ending that has just occurred and saying- Here we are - still here. This was a nice feeling.

Then I went for a couple of (nice) beers to the No Name with two other regular posters... And kept half an eye (maybe less) on what looked like Manchester City simply slowly and inevitably strangling Aston Villa - like they couldn't be bothered breaking sweat to overwhelm them.

And, between us, I don't think there was one single cell in our bodies that could be tempted to support them, twelve miles down the road.

I find a great deal of satisfaction in this.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 pm

The "manager's" post match comments: http://youtu.be/lO_bvxPmXi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently, he was up all last night tossing. And Mavies appears to have "tweaked" his knee.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:48 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:The "manager's" post match comments: http://youtu.be/lO_bvxPmXi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apparently, he was up all last night tossing. And Mavies appears to have "tweaked" his knee.
Looked better than Freedman even after one game.

He was willing to go 4 - 3 - 3 when 2 - 1 down with 15 mins left. Freedman would probably have stayed at 4 - 4 - 2 or gone to 4 - 5 - 1.


TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 pm

I thought Max Clayton looked decent when he came on. Wanted the ball but the team needed to think a bit quick going forward
Pfffft.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:55 pm

TKIZ! wrote:I thought Max Clayton looked decent when he came on. Wanted the ball but the team needed to think a bit quick going forward
Yeah he showed signs of quality, won a few headers and put a decent cross in.

Hopefully he gets some more game time.


Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:09 am

a1 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I have to say a1. Dan and his Aidy Boothroyd posts are less pointless and dull. Any chance you could spam us with summat different for a day or two for a break?
why ? i'm not giving the club a shoe-ing .. if these pricks get their way again

.. theres no telling were we could end up.

you might have confidence we'll be alright when mcginlay or campo or steinson rocks up. but i don't.

FFFP is fecking us over , but the rest of the world probably think this-

about it..

i dunno.

who would you get ?
Anyone who can actually do the fcuking job they are paid to do, bad luck is one thing total fcuking incompetence is another!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 am

TonyDomingos wrote:The "manager's" post match comments: http://youtu.be/lO_bvxPmXi8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was refreshing to hear some positivity in his voice and not just droning the words out. Over gushed about the club, but we need enthusiasm and drive at the moment. Hopefully the break and positivity will help.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:21 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
It was refreshing to hear some positivity in his voice and not just droning the words out. Over gushed about the club, but we need enthusiasm and drive at the moment. Hopefully the break and positivity will help.
calm down - it wasn't a break - it was just a tweak!!! :wink:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:42 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
calm down - it wasn't a break - it was just a tweak!!! :wink:
:D

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:31 pm

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:46 pm