Problems with Gartside

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Problems with Gartside

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:↑↑↑↑ yay. Bllx. Such an old excuse.
I'm not excusing anything just pointing to biased reporting, being - well - biased.

Happy Christmas. I've bought you these.

I'm not going to post further on this topic on a football thread. :D

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:41 am

officer_dibble wrote:Given our comparison is (reasonably enough imo) wigan how do our agent fee spendings compare? They have been publishing those figures for a while?

I'm quite anti Gartside in terms of his running of the club, but is he really any more 'crooked' than his counterparts?

Totally agree with this post. They don't seem to go after the much bigger clubs who would be definition be paying an exorbitant amount in fees (or in ManUre's case how it was financial possible to put £890m debt aside)
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:49 am

My other massive problem with all this is that Gartside really is treating us lie the great 'unwashed'. It's been noted that fans of BWFC are not advised to voice their concerns about his leadership as Chairmen. It should be pointed out that this club is in part kept afloat by the continual support of it's core of fans and Eddie Davies
Pfffft.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 am

officer_dibble wrote:Given our comparison is (reasonably enough imo) wigan how do our agent fee spendings compare? They have been publishing those figures for a while?

I'm quite anti Gartside in terms of his running of the club, but is he really any more 'crooked' than his counterparts?
Might be nice to be top of the league in something? :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:13 pm

TKIZ! wrote:My other massive problem with all this is that Gartside really is treating us lie the great 'unwashed'. It's been noted that fans of BWFC are not advised to voice their concerns about his leadership as Chairmen. It should be pointed out that this club is in part kept afloat by the continual support of it's core of fans and Eddie Davies
We are de facto the great unwashed when it comes to the Club finances. What do folks expect? That he's going to have a one tò one with them? We get as much, if not more info than most Public Co's. He did say the people who know football thing, but let's face it, there were folks booing Megson before he'd actually sat in the dugout. When I hear people ask on a radio phone in, where did the money from the new sponsorship deal go and someone needs to tell us where all the money has gone, we've earned £400m since we've been in the Prem, then he has a point in relation to some of our fans and their relstionship with sodium sterate.

I think he said in his recent BN interview that it was ok to shout his name in displeasure.

Understand the last part, but for a long time, the amount that single fans put in, has been miniscule to what TV and sponsorship brings. Not an excuse for Garty, just an observation. The fans become much more important in terms of money, when the TV money gets smaller, he would do well to remember this.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:My other massive problem with all this is that Gartside really is treating us lie the great 'unwashed'. It's been noted that fans of BWFC are not advised to voice their concerns about his leadership as Chairmen. It should be pointed out that this club is in part kept afloat by the continual support of it's core of fans and Eddie Davies
We are de facto the great unwashed when it comes to the Club finances. What do folks expect? That he's going to have a one tò one with them? We get as much, if not more info than most Public Co's. He did say the people who know football thing, but let's face it, there were folks booing Megson before he'd actually sat in the dugout. When I hear people ask on a radio phone in, where did the money from the new sponsorship deal go and someone needs to tell us where all the money has gone, we've earned £400m since we've been in the Prem, then he has a point in relation to some of our fans and their relstionship with sodium sterate.

I think he said in his recent BN interview that it was ok to shout his name in displeasure.

Understand the last part, but for a long time, the amount that single fans put in, has been miniscule to what TV and sponsorship brings. Not an excuse for Garty, just an observation. The fans become much more important in terms of money, when the TV money gets smaller, he would do well to remember this.
Here, here
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:14 pm

like he used to but Playboy for the great writing...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:45 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:article in the guardian doesn't paint PG in tghe best light

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... rers-abyss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if theres owt about Tax dodging and bermuda and isle of man in that ^ then how is caymen's based "GMG Hazel Aquisitions 1" different ?

except that no one that owns the guardian lives in the caymens ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Razzle was for the working man. :D

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
f'cough. You said you weren't coming back on this one !! :lol:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
f'cough. You said you weren't coming back on this one !! :lol:
;-)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:05 pm

the gart sure can get "Big Names" dont think we'd get them types if postman detective and friends were Chairman(s) ..

"£168 million in debt"

do one. the whites are goin' up !

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Everyone's got an agenda.

I like mine best.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:09 pm

I was always more of a Men Only kinda guy.