Problems with Gartside

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Problems with Gartside

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:There is another possibility on Freedman - if we sack him now and we're going to breach FFP then whatever it cost us to get shut would effectively cost double. Maybe if we wait until January, then we could do it, without incurring the double bubble penalty - that's speculation on my part, but might have some substance to it.
accepting that's speculation a way around it would be to do what we did, to his huge annoyance, to Megs on and to pay him his ongoing salary on a monthly basis (ie. pre budgeted money) and the extra would 'only' be whatever we pay whoever came in. It's only a 3 month overspend on FFP and that could be finessed by competent negotiation about staging of the new salary.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:There is another possibility on Freedman - if we sack him now and we're going to breach FFP then whatever it cost us to get shut would effectively cost double. Maybe if we wait until January, then we could do it, without incurring the double bubble penalty - that's speculation on my part, but might have some substance to it.
accepting that's speculation a way around it would be to do what we did, to his huge annoyance, to Megs on and to pay him his ongoing salary on a monthly basis (ie. pre budgeted money) and the extra would 'only' be whatever we pay whoever came in. It's only a 3 month overspend on FFP and that could be finessed by competent negotiation about staging of the new salary.
I was thinking we might have to factor in his entire entourage - Lawrence, the other dude defensive coach, half the back-room staff etc. etc. :-)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
I was thinking we might have to factor in his entire entourage - Lawrence, the other dude defensive coach, half the back-room staff etc. etc. :-)
That's still all budgeted.

We could also try to brazen those shysters out by NOT sacking them and leaving them without their leader. Telling them to coach the infants or whatever. They may even piss off anyway.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Christ, I thought he'd left being we have no defense!!!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:54 pm

jaffka wrote: #feckingutterwasterofspacedickheadposter - you will understand that wont you a1 - bury gambler
so you stopped going when megson were manager , but never came back once he went.

#HaveWeGoneDownYet

#I'm-Not-Comin-Back-Till-Campo's-Bin-Sacked

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:39 pm

OK ladies and gentlemen.... we have us a hashtag-off!!!!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:19 pm

#hashtagoff

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 pm

LeverEnd wrote:OK ladies and gentlemen.... we have us a hashtag-off!!!!
I suspect it's all beyond us oldies... maybe we should have a special forum kidz section and we could let them fight it out over there??

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
That's still all budgeted.

We could also try to brazen those shysters out by NOT sacking them and leaving them without their leader. Telling them to coach the infants or whatever. They may even piss off anyway.
think I'm more convinced than ever that the constructive dismissal angle was behind DFs approach to the better paid players he inherited

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:23 am

a1 wrote:
jaffka wrote: #feckingutterwasterofspacedickheadposter - you will understand that wont you a1 - bury gambler
so you stopped going when megson were manager , but never came back once he went.

#HaveWeGoneDownYet

Anyone?

:conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:38 am

jaffka wrote:
a1 wrote:

#HaveWeGoneDownYet

Anyone?

:conf:
I doubt Da Vinci could make sense of that?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:29 pm

so i was right.

there's not going 'back' once megson got sacked, and listening on a pirate radio stream if you can.

i doubt 'the club' miss both of these .

i dont think gartside can see your painted bedsheet through your telephone line.

i carnt figure out if we're boring when i go, so feck knows how these folk can tell it's boring off a jpeg stolen from the associated press with the stats on.

or what the feck's gone on off a tweet from former player jay lynch.

cant see the point in sticking up for pricks no longer at the club

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:49 pm

a1 wrote:so i was right.

there's not going 'back' once megson got sacked, and listening on a pirate radio stream if you can.

i dont think gartside can see your painted bedsheet through your telephone line.

i carnt figure out if we're boring when i go, so feck knows how these folk can tell it's boring off a jpeg stolen from the associated press with the stats on.

All this bizarre crap you keep typing? Would I be correct in assuming it's because you disagreed with Megsons sacking? It was 5 years ago. Shouldn't you have, you know, gotten over it! :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Aren't we banned from saying we don't understand a1's mysterious postings ? Written in his own weird code, presumably when high, or pissed, or both ? Obviously a wind-upper and, I think, more normally a poster on other sites, who comes on here to stir the shite and then piss off leaving us scratching our heads ?

Coz I'm unsure I've ever understood one of his posts but I know some people get really upset when that's said.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Aren't we banned from saying we don't understand a1's mysterious postings ? Written in his own weird code, presumably when high, or pissed, or both ? Obviously a wind-upper and, I think, more normally a poster on other sites, who comes on here to stir the shite and then piss off leaving us scratching our heads ?

Coz I'm unsure I've ever understood one of his posts but I know some people get really upset when that's said.
I still can't really grasp why people find it so hard to discern what he's on about. I can grasp that people are a bit tired of it and/or disagree - but - hey, it's not really rocket science!!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:54 pm

a1 wrote:so i was right.

Well I for one fully understand A1's posts; and more to the point agree with a lot of them.
But I'm just a F*ckwit, as well as an asylum seeking, immigrant sympathising knob, who shouldn't mind that other people can post opinions which are tantamount to conspiracy to manslaughter and not challenge it, 'cos everyone can have an opinion on the wanderer can't they? So what the f*ck do I know ?
Free the sluffy I say............. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Aren't we banned from saying we don't understand a1's mysterious postings ? Written in his own weird code, presumably when high, or pissed, or both ? Obviously a wind-upper and, I think, more normally a poster on other sites, who comes on here to stir the shite and then piss off leaving us scratching our heads ?

nope , its how i talk.

folk arent happy if theyre not fecking moanin' at or slaggin' the club off.

but they probably dont go, so 'boycotting' and 'i'm not coming back until.. ' means feck all .

same when kevin davies , jay lynch are talking shit about them.

means feck all . dont know why folk take them on.

taking the piss out of freedman outers means feck all.

if you cant take the rough with the smooth . then what ?

folk have had "league one" avatars for months. probably the sorts that stopped going when megson was here. maybe maybe not, its just jokes.

bit frightening that it might come true now though. but thats 'tempting fate' for you

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 pm

I've had the league one avatar for a year.
Cos that is where dickhead had his heart set on taking us. I wasn't ever a stopped going when Megson were here though. Plenty threatened it mind but not me.
But anyway if having a popsy at me makes you feel good about yourself for backing the useless sack of shite knock yourself out mate.
Businesswoman of the year.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:20 pm

yeah , thats what i meant by months.

i didnt think it were just you, comes up too regular for that, but its a free country. folk changed to muambas and coyles before.

i can't tell what'll happen. didnt think we'd go down last season . now though, i'm not thinking "freedman's gone, we'll be reet now" .

some might be.

am wondering how many ways tv/bloggers/radio/folk can spin it to "fecking shitty bolton , gartside prem 2 plan , stealing others managers" bullshit , and how to stick up for the club against various notrights , that usually wins me back.

but we're division 1 now and hipsters are probably more pissed off with stoke or hull tigers

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:22 am

a1 wrote:

nope , its how i talk.

folk arent happy if theyre not fecking moanin' at or slaggin' the club off.

but they probably dont go, so 'boycotting' and 'i'm not coming back until.. ' means feck all .

same when kevin davies , jay lynch are talking shit about them.

means feck all . dont know why folk take them on.

taking the piss out of freedman outers means feck all.

if you cant take the rough with the smooth . then what ?

folk have had "league one" avatars for months. probably the sorts that stopped going when megson was here. maybe maybe not, its just jokes.

bit frightening that it might come true now though. but thats 'tempting fate' for you
I'd suggest they know a dammed sight more than you do about whats going on in the club and it means a feckin' sight more than your post!