Problems with Gartside

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Problems with Gartside

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:You're right. I started it. :twisted:

(I'm such a flibbertigibbet) :grin:
:lol:

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:58 pm

does the AO.com white goods dude have more money than the wig woman off of dragoons den?

think he's called john roberts or john smith or something else really 'standard' and normal

* wig as in 'hairpiece' or toupe or whatever

or that south african (?) fella with the shopping centres (inc. t'middlebrook)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:You're right. I started it. :twisted:

(I'm such a flibbertigibbet) :grin:
:lol:

Hahahahaha. Not heard 'flibbertigibbet' in years! ESY, I doth my cap in admiration :)
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:13 pm

a1 wrote:does the AO.com white goods dude have more money than the wig woman off of dragoons den?

think he's called john roberts or john smith or something else really 'standard' and normal

* wig as in 'hairpiece' or toupe or whatever

or that south african (?) fella with the shopping centres (inc. t'middlebrook)
His name is John Roberts. He isn't worth as much as Hilary Devey. He also has more sense.
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:22 pm

more sense than to buy bolton ? or more sense than hilary davey ?

bet that domain name cost a fair few quid.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:27 pm

a1 wrote:more sense than to buy bolton ? or more sense than hilary davey ?

bet that domain name cost a fair few quid.
Both.

The question is, how much has the domain name earned, not how much it cost?!
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 pm

i suppose..

so he'll not go on a mental 24 month bender and lose 30ish million like the dabs direct guy ? (dont know if you know about that)

i forget what he's doing *now* (it was at least 4 years ago) but he were trying to start something else tech realated like alarms or thermostats..

[edit]
his linkedin is still up, that says what it were (it was fire alarms), think its all venture capitalists and other peoples money.

https://twitter.com/adatherton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weird

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 am

^ Not me
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:09 pm

One thing about Gartside is that he seems to be persuasive. Maybe in a slimy salesman way, but I never thought he'd get Coyle and he did. We know how that turned out but he was very highly rated at the time, and declined the Celtic job.
If he gets Lennon I'll be impressed. If he kisses and makes up with Phil Brown I see trouble ahead!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:36 am

He's spoken!! Actually spoken to Marc Iles and the BN. Good grief. I'm picturing something like this...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:17 am

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:47 am

"It fell on me to make that decision. I had a long conversation with him on Friday morning. I felt he was being treated unfairly by fans, and I don’t think anyone should be subjected to that in any shape or form. There are not many businesses or professions where you would get that. I spoke with Dougie and felt that for his benefit and for the benefit of the football club, we had to change something. But it was a mutual decision.”

Blimey. So we treat him unfairly. We had the worst start in 110 yearslast season, are well on the way to matching that this season. We had one of our worst ever results last year. We're currently bottom of the second division. Fans haemorrhaging from attending games. A contradictory manager clearly out of his depth and looking ill on it. Players of decent quality confused and showing no fight. Unable to beat Bury or Crewe in 90 minutes. 4-0 defeat against a rival struggler ...... and the fans were being unreasonable.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 am

Yep. It were our fault. We treated dougie unfairly. Next man has to carry on dougies unfinished business (taking us down to league 1?).

feck off gartside.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 am

I think we're treating Gartside unfairly... :-)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:01 am

So it was the fans fault? :shock:

Not those of us who no longer go? Not those who stopped going until Megson left but then never came back?

But you lot. Those of you who go every week.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Numpties aren't allowed an opinion.
Fans sang his name when he had a good run, largely laid off him when he started to struggle and then made their feelings clear when it was obvious he'd past the point of no return.
I've not seen anything really nasty towards the guy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 pm

P.G's typical of top end management. The total delegator always has somebody in the blame seat
in short order. Only E.D can blame him and who knows how many decisions have actually come from him and not P.G? I'd be tempted to say quite a few, or P.G may well have been out on his ear some time ago. Managers and their failings are hardly a new topic at the Reebok/Macron, are they? Either that or E.D is an odd rich man if he's content to see his empire going down the drain.
and not wield some big axes.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:30 pm

bobo the clown wrote:"It fell on me to make that decision. I had a long conversation with him on Friday morning. I felt he was being treated unfairly by fans, and I don’t think anyone should be subjected to that in any shape or form. There are not many businesses or professions where you would get that. I spoke with Dougie and felt that for his benefit and for the benefit of the football club, we had to change something. But it was a mutual decision.”

Blimey. So we treat him unfairly. We had the worst start in 110 yearslast season, are well on the way to matching that this season. We had one of our worst ever results last year. We're currently bottom of the second division. Fans haemorrhaging from attending games. A contradictory manager clearly out of his depth and looking ill on it. Players of decent quality confused and showing no fight. Unable to beat Bury or Crewe in 90 minutes. 4-0 defeat against a rival struggler ...... and the fans were being unreasonable.

Freedman was in the Julian Darby situation. Jules tired his best, week in week out, and got stick for not being good enough - but it wasn't his fault, it was the manager's for persisting in picking him.

Freedman did his best. Perhaps we should blame Gartside (or ED) for not ditching him earlier?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:23 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:"It fell on me to make that decision. I had a long conversation with him on Friday morning. I felt he was being treated unfairly by fans, and I don’t think anyone should be subjected to that in any shape or form. There are not many businesses or professions where you would get that. I spoke with Dougie and felt that for his benefit and for the benefit of the football club, we had to change something. But it was a mutual decision.”

Freedman was in the Julian Darby situation. Jules tired his best, week in week out, and got stick for not being good enough - but it wasn't his fault, it was the manager's for persisting in picking him.

Freedman did his best. Perhaps we should blame Gartside (or ED) for not ditching him earlier?
missed a trick there our Phil to build some bridges (unless its in part 2). perhaps he's pissed off with the stick he's getting.
an opportunity for him to say that it wasn't working, we were suffering, freedman was suffering & we needed a change to re-invigorate club, blah blah, but has made sound like he's been relectantly forced into it by the fans protests.

wonder if he'll be acting the relectant interviewer to interviewees and no-one will match up because they are just not dougie

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:

missed a trick there our Phil to build some bridges (unless its in part 2). perhaps he's pissed off with the stick he's getting.
an opportunity for him to say that it wasn't working, we were suffering, freedman was suffering & we needed a change to re-invigorate club, blah blah,
but has made sound like he's been relectantly forced into it by the fans protests.

wonder if he'll be acting the relectant interviewer to interviewees and no-one will match up because they are just not dougie
Yep. Sounds more like he's determined to clash with fans than placate them. On one level, that's a very human response to all the flack he's getting, but it's poor conduct for a senior executive. Maybe you should offer to be his PRO, Staffs? :wink: