Freedman gone

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman gone

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm not really happy or ecstatic, just mildly underwhelmed.

We've let him have too long, and as repayment, he's properly f*cked our squad. Its really disjointed.

I'd happily give the job to JP for the remainder of the season, flit some of the bloated squad of 3 billion loan players we've got, and simultaneously jettison (if possible) on loan some of the shite midfielders we have. I can't even remember who is and isn't on loan or has been bought, but the list would start with Moxey, Garvan and Trotter. If it were me, I'd recall some of the kids to fill their places on the bench.

And I'd hope to god that Jimmy attempts to play a settled team with a settled formation for a run of a few games to actually give everyone a chance. We're odds on for relegation as it stands, I'm not expecting miracles, everything beyond that is gravy.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I'm not really happy or ecstatic, just mildly underwhelmed.

We've let him have too long, and as repayment, he's properly f*cked our squad. Its really disjointed.

I'd happily give the job to JP for the remainder of the season, flit some of the bloated squad of 3 billion loan players we've got, and simultaneously jettison (if possible) on loan some of the shite midfielders we have. I can't even remember who is and isn't on loan or has been bought, but the list would start with Moxey, Garvan and Trotter. If it were me, I'd recall some of the kids to fill their places on the bench.

And I'd hope to god that Jimmy attempts to play a settled team with a settled formation for a run of a few games to actually give everyone a chance. We're odds on for relegation as it stands, I'm not expecting miracles, everything beyond that is gravy.
Completely agree.

I'm afraid we own Trotter and Moxey. Maybe we can persuade ssomeone to take them. It does allow us to start regrouping and move back to using our own and properly. His obsession with collecting midfielders was, I believe, a slight madness he developed as he felt his back was against the wall and he surrounded himself with familiar people.

Our expectations ate lowered but I feel we can at least move forward now.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:17 pm

I still don't think we're odds-on for relegation, a half decent manager should steer the squad clear.
Clearly a strong possibility, but I'd still put my money on us staying up. It would take some serious mismanagement to go down I think. Lightning doesn't strike 5 times, Shirley?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I still don't think we're odds-on for relegation, a half decent manager should steer the squad clear.
Clearly a strong possibility, but I'd still put my money on us staying up. It would take some serious mismanagement to go down I think. Lightning doesn't strike 5 times, Shirley?
worse...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... times.html

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm in France. Just got to hotel now to see this.
Thank fck for that.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:49 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I'm in France. Just got to hotel now to see this.
Thank fck for that.
I thought you'd simply gone out & got bladdered in celebration.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Ha. I wish.
None of this best of luck to Dougie nonsense from me either.
I hope the clueless chancer never works in football again.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:36 pm

What this thread needs is an update of when contracts expire, because although Douglas has gone, Trotter remains on a three year deal. Fecking Moxey remains on a three year deal and Fecking Dervshite remains on a three year deal.

It's that bad. I'd be tempted to bring Super Keithy Andrews back into centre mid and build the team around him (not really).

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Wow, well without seeing Lynch's tweet I'd have said the club got it about right time-wise... having seen all Dougie's enemies come out of the woodwork if behind-the-scenes was really that bad maybe it shoulda been earlier.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Wow, well without seeing Lynch's tweet I'd have said the club got it about right time-wise... having seen all Dougie's enemies come out of the woodwork if behind-the-scenes was really that bad maybe it shoulda been earlier.
A year ago ... in our "worst start in 110 years" phase.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Will Vela finally get a chance now then? He's someone with promise that hasn't had a chance under Dougie despite his supposed favouring of young players...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Not sure all his enemies have come out of the woodwork yet. We've heard nowt from Eagles and Davo only hinted that it looked completely disjointed last weekend (although in a veiled way he seemed to be suggesting it was no surprise there was a lot of disquiet.)

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:18 pm

jay lynch is probably not good enough to clean Bill Jaaskelainen's boots.

and davies is probably too busy sorting out his next #burfday party to know what's going on , you might as well take bryan small's insider info more serious .

davies'll be nearing john gregory in "which bwfc player do you like best" polls soon , if he keeps stirring shit up.

bedsheeters gotta hate even when they get their own way.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Wow, well without seeing Lynch's tweet I'd have said the club got it about right time-wise... having seen all Dougie's enemies come out of the woodwork if behind-the-scenes was really that bad maybe it shoulda been earlier.
A year ago ... in our "worst start in 110 years" phase.
Fair enough, ha!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:45 pm

a1 wrote:jay lynch is probably not good enough to clean Bill Jaaskelainen's boots.

davies'll be nearing john gregory in "which bwfc player do you like best" polls soon , if he keeps stirring shit up.

1) Who the f*ck is Bill Jaaskelainen?
2) Why is it important that someone has to be good enough to lace his boots to have a valid opinion?
3) I like Kevin Davies. There, I've said it. Was a very good player for us. Why would him saying our shite manager was shite (I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing thats the source of your ire) make him less popular? Surely you're in a minority of 3 (you being one of them) that couldn't see how terrible it was. Stating the bleeding obvious is not a crime, I don't think.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Answer to question 1.
He is Jussi's son, aged about 16 who plays ingoal for the youth team and has been on tbe bench for the u21s. He is a great young prospect but could do with growing a bit.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:25 pm

wigan white wrote:Not sure Super John knows what he's on about when he says we need a manager who knows the town and used to play for the club. Didn't we try that with Coyle???
McGinlay, god love him, never really tried to conceal his anger at his mate Coyle getting the boot. Of course he'd love Phil Brown to get the job now. He's a loyal fella, is our Maggy.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 pm

Super John wants someone who knows the town and used to play for the club? Wonder if he has anyone in mind. Now he's moved back to Horwich.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Prufrock wrote:Super John wants someone who knows the town and used to play for the club? Wonder if he has anyone in mind. Now he's moved back to Horwich.
No chance while Gartsides there.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Super was full of praise for Phil Brown on BBC RM. Predictable. I could live with that. But not feel a massive amount of confidence about the future.

But we are truly in the ordure. This appointment has to be the right one.