Lennon Out

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lennon Out

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Facebook for a while has kept sticking up posts from 'Official Supporters' groups on my 'feed'(the spying bastards) which I can't get rid of. Last few days have seen the odd knob-head bringing sectarianism into it even in our fanbase. Have noticed the odd undercurrent of that previously. Pricks blathering on about us being 'Unionist' (:conf:). Hope we don't see any of that bollocks!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:Facebook for a while has kept sticking up posts from 'Official Supporters' groups on my 'feed'(the spying bastards) which I can't get rid of. Last few days have seen the odd knob-head bringing sectarianism into it even in our fanbase. Have noticed the odd undercurrent of that previously. Pricks blathering on about us being 'Unionist' (:conf:). Hope we don't see any of that bollocks!
Are we? I know of a massive amount of Catholic fans of BWFC. I went to school with a lot of them
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Prufrock wrote:Facebook for a while has kept sticking up posts from 'Official Supporters' groups on my 'feed'(the spying bastards) which I can't get rid of. Last few days have seen the odd knob-head bringing sectarianism into it even in our fanbase. Have noticed the odd undercurrent of that previously. Pricks blathering on about us being 'Unionist' (:conf:). Hope we don't see any of that bollocks!
Aye me too. Clearly we all prefer Celtic! :twisted:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:07 pm

It's a bit hard to believe we actually have a "Lennon Out" thread before he's even got his jacket off. You really have to doubt the sagacity of some people.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:It's a bit hard to believe we actually have a "Lennon Out" thread before he's even got his jacket off. You really have to doubt the sagacity of some people.
Your first view was right Tango. Close it down.

Zulu out !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:10 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Are we? I know of a massive amount of Catholic fans of BWFC. I went to school with a lot of them
I don't know. It's not the first time I've seen it but nor do I think it's a particularly prevalent view. As for numbers, if you went to Thornleigh you're going to get a slightly distorted view, but I've never really noticed much either way other than folk you 'get to know' on here.

Odd knob-head aside I don't think it's been a problem but if there is an undercurrent it's more likely to come out now I guess. Boo to that.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Aye me too. Clearly we all prefer Celtic! :twisted:
I 'followed' Rangers for a bit when I was about 11, just to piss off my dad and brother (not like me, I know) who for some equally tenuous reason had taken a shine to Celtic. Got to about 15 and realised they were basically Scottish equivalents of United and Liverpool: establishment pricks, and victims! Boo to that!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:It's a bit hard to believe we actually have a "Lennon Out" thread before he's even got his jacket off. You really have to doubt the sagacity of some people.
This is more like it. I want fecking rose-tinted Tango back instead of this bullshit manager-criticising imposter we've had for the last year! Not bloody right.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
This is more like it. I want fecking rose-tinted Tango back instead of this bullshit manager-criticising imposter we've had for the last year! Not bloody right.
:lol: Up yours fence sitter..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
I don't know. It's not the first time I've seen it but nor do I think it's a particularly prevalent view. As for numbers, if you went to Thornleigh you're going to get a slightly distorted view, but I've never really noticed much either way other than folk you 'get to know' on here.

Odd knob-head aside I don't think it's been a problem but if there is an undercurrent it's more likely to come out now I guess. Boo to that.
True that and yes I went to Thornleigh and boo to kernobheads
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I think we would have been better of keeping DF tbh, I also absolutely hate him as a person.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:07 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I think we would have been better of keeping DF tbh, I also absolutely hate him as a person.
Forgive us if we don't take you seriously, Dan, but from previous comments, you seem to jump on whichever bandwagon is going the opposite way to everything else.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:20 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I think we would have been better of keeping DF tbh, I also absolutely hate him as a person.
It's OK, Dan. In your absence no-one's managed to mount a serious challenge to your mantle of Forum 4ucknugget, so there's no need to lay it on as thick as that. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Bolton fans clearly hate Celtic. That Andy Walker, for instance... We all hated him didn't we?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
It's OK, Dan. In your absence no-one's managed to mount a serious challenge to your mantle of Forum 4ucknugget, so there's no need to lay it on as thick as that. ;)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:54 pm

I thought we'd closed this thread ?? We should have done.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:29 pm

how personally do you know Neil Lennon?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Daniella, Lennon may turn out to be the biggest SOB to walk the planet but right now he's our SOB, get right behind him.

bean
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bean » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Would you all mind awfully not quoting him? I effectively joined so that I could block him and never read his distinctly white rose-y posts ever again.

Without moments like this I feel about a billion percent happier about the average BWFC fan...

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:30 am

Anyway, enough of this far-sighted and enlightened exercise in free speech.

Thread closed.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!