To Bee or not to Bee. Brentford (H) 25/10/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

To Bee or not to Bee. Brentford (H) 25/10/14

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:19 am

fecking get in. :mrgreen:

Brentford at home. A change of personel from Charlton? A change of formation?

I'd be going two up top for this one. I'd have Wheater back in too if he's fit.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: To Bee or not to Bee. Brentford (H) 25/10/14

Post by Enoch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 am

What a cracking thread title, the classic blend of pun, concise and useful information, plus a little something for the Shakespearian set.

Quality.

I'm up for this one, had I better wear a vest?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

Enoch wrote:What a cracking thread title, the classic blend of pun, concise and useful information, plus a little something for the Shakespearian set.

Quality.

Why thank you, good Sir. :D

According to Auntie - Cloudy with the occasional bit of sun poking through and a high of 13 deg C.

Humidity 75%
Visibility Very Good
Pressure (Millibars) 1013
Wind DirectionSW
Wind Speed (mph)14

Time for a few layers, I think.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:58 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Time for a hip flask, I think.
Always happy to help.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Always happy to help.
Oh good call.

It was whilst playing golf in a howling gale on Hoylake that I was introduced to the restorative merits of Port & Brandy from the hipflask. :oyea:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:19 pm

tempted to make a first ever visit to the MACRON!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:22 pm

I reckon he'll go two up at home. Start Lee wide and try to get at them first half an hour, if it's not working switch to a diamond (perhaps a wonky one!) and get Lee central. Mason and Cravies. Beckford was shite last night.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:18 pm

I think the shape will be the same, but we'll see C. Davies up top with M. Davies behind and Lee on the flank
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

boltonboris wrote:I think the shape will be the same, but we'll see C. Davies up top with M. Davies behind and Lee on the flank

See, here it is again, this ridiculous obsession people have with M Davies.

Chungy was superb on Saturday in the centre and from what I hear, had another good game. Why stick him out on the wing?

We beat Brum and lost against a good Charlton side, why fiddle with things? Wasn't that one of the things we all thought was bad about Freedman??

I can understand trying C Davies up front, but apart from that, stay put.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

3 games in 7 days is a lot. He's already said he wants to build his team around a fit Mark Davies too.

I agree with the sentiment, but the question wasn;t "what would you do", it was "what do you think the manager will do"
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Enoch wrote:What a cracking thread title, the classic blend of pun, concise and useful information, plus a little something for the Shakespearian set.

Quality.

I considered it to be something of an open goal of a thread title to be honest, or would have if I'd thought of it. I'm clearly the Beckford of thread titlers.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Always happy to help.
Oh good call.

It was whilst playing golf in a howling gale on Hoylake that I was introduced to the restorative merits of Port & Brandy from the hipflask. :oyea:
I wouldn't call that restorative...unless it cured you of golf. :wink:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:17 pm

I have a feeling NL will stick with Beckford for another game (especially as he's still emphasising - quite rightly - that we're not picking the final ball...which will mean 'not picking Beckford's runs' half the time). I'd want him to stick with Chung in the centre as even the away fans have been impressed by what he's done these past two games.

Whether he'll play two up front depends (a) on who's fit, (b) on whether he wants to try Mavies or perhaps Clayton just behind Beckford.

One further change (Bobo prick your ears up) might happen if he's seen enough of Pratley and wants to give Vela a look in... Sadly, won't hold my breath on that given the lad's stayed on the bench both games, so far.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:26 pm

LeverEnd wrote:

Quality.

I considered it to be something of an open goal of a thread title to be honest, or would have if I'd thought of it. I'm clearly the Beckford of thread titlers.
Don't beat yourself up, it's a gift, we can't all have it.
:oops:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:I have a feeling NL will stick with Beckford for another game (especially as he's still emphasising - quite rightly - that we're not picking the final ball...which will mean 'not picking Beckford's runs' half the time). I'd want him to stick with Chung in the centre as even the away fans have been impressed by what he's done these past two games.

Whether he'll play two up front depends (a) on who's fit, (b) on whether he wants to try Mavies or perhaps Clayton just behind Beckford.

One further change (Bobo prick your ears up) might happen if he's seen enough of Pratley and wants to give Vela a look in... Sadly, won't hold my breath on that given the lad's stayed on the bench both games, so far.
... & (fear my words) Trotter may be deemed fit. :hang:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:I think the shape will be the same, but we'll see C. Davies up top with M. Davies behind and Lee on the flank
I think he might drop Danns for Mavies at home and stick with the rest. I think you could easily take Feeney out without upsetting any team balance, he's a bit clueless it must be said, and isn't even looking that quick at the moment.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
EverSoYouri wrote:I have a feeling NL will stick with Beckford for another game (especially as he's still emphasising - quite rightly - that we're not picking the final ball...which will mean 'not picking Beckford's runs' half the time). I'd want him to stick with Chung in the centre as even the away fans have been impressed by what he's done these past two games.

... & (fear my words) Trotter may be deemed fit. :hang:

Ah yes, Trotter was one NL targeted for Celtic, wasn't he? Maybe he can make a footballer of him?
Yours probably delusionally, Mr Optimism.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:22 am

Very impressed by Lennon's "no excuses" style in the post Charlton interview.

"yes we played well ... no-one under-performed ... but we aren't scoring & that needs sorting out". I get the impression that players aren't allowed to hide, aren't allowed to blame bad luck.

The Chungie move into the middle seems to be working. Mavies should be fit. That'll be the second match of this particular six or seven match run before his next injury. He seems to have breathed new life, new confidence into the players and increased the tempo.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 am

bobo the clown wrote:Very impressed by Lennon's "no excuses" style in the post Charlton interview.

"yes we played well ... no-one under-performed ... but we aren't scoring & that needs sorting out". I get the impression that players aren't allowed to hide, aren't allowed to blame bad luck.

The Chungie move into the middle seems to be working. Mavies should be fit. That'll be the second match of this particular six or seven match run before his next injury. He seems to have breathed new life, new confidence into the players and increased the tempo.

Hope everything drops into place and we give 'em a right tonkin'.

Personally, I'll be moving home...few miles up the road, just past Chorley - easy commute for future games!

COYWM!

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Some nostalgia from the Brentford press:
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... ry-7984272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;