Who ate all the pies?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Who ate all the pies?

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
truewhite15 wrote: Well, that's what I thought. Surely by not wearing one, you're perpetuating the sort of sectarian nonsense that brought about the Norn Iron conflicts in the first place?
Oh dear!
Maybe I'm naive about what the poppy stands for. I wear it to remember everyone who lost their lives in wartime, whether civilian, war-hardened general or somewhere in between. But please, enlighten me, because I'd like to know what exactly was so wrong with the comment I made above, so that I don't make the same mistake in future.
True W - this is exactly what the poppy stands for and nothing is wrong with your comments
Last edited by Peter Thompson on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
truewhite15 wrote: Well, that's what I thought. Surely by not wearing one, you're perpetuating the sort of sectarian nonsense that brought about the Norn Iron conflicts in the first place?
Oh dear!
Maybe I'm naive about what the poppy stands for. I wear it to remember everyone who lost their lives in wartime, whether civilian, war-hardened general or somewhere in between. But please, enlighten me, because I'd like to know what exactly was so wrong with the comment I made above, so that I don't make the same mistake in future.
I wear a poppy also, but I understand perfectly why James McClean won't. His open letter to Whelan's on here somewhere, and it's certainly available online. Peace, Friend.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:exactly the sort of remark I'd expect from you. Go on, what have his wages to do with any of it?
Ditto....exactly the response that I expected from you...relax its just a BWFC internet forum.... and you don't know me from Adam (who the feck is Adam !).

For the record I have absolutely no issue with anyone not wearing a poppy, but why make it public by making such a provocative statement. Would you go to work in another country, enjoy everything that that country had / has given you and then publically make such a statement on such a sensitive issue.

Why not just not wear a poppy on the shirt and keep quiet, there is a possibility that no one would have noticed....why bite the hand the feeds you, and to be honest his side of the NI troubles have hardly been an innocent party have they ?

Would you go and work in the US and come out with such a public statement, ahead of a 9/11 anniversary that is so important to the majority of US citizens - who you have lived with and worked with and in the country that has given you such a great lifestyle....
Another country? Northern Ireland is part of the British Isles. Do you not know this?

Provocative statement? Keep Quiet? Why not just wear a poppy? Oh my God! Seriously? Read up on 'Bloody Sunday'.

Why bite the hand that feeds? Which exactly? Is he on handouts from the Protestant Church or something?

Your comments re- the US and 9/11 (and everything else in your post, to be honest) just prove, beyond all doubt, what an ignorant prick you are. Still, it was always obvious anyway.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Bruce....when sober just read back what you've posted, your religion comes across loud & clear !

Your the ignorant prick though sunshine - Mr 10 men....its pathetic for a 55 year old man

Grow up or stop drinking....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Bruce....when sober just read back what you've posted, your religion comes across loud & clear !

Your the ignorant prick though sunshine - Mr 10 men....its pathetic for a 55 year old man

Grow up or stop drinking....
Oh dear. You're the one that needs to read what I've posted as I call upon you to provide answers. Is that beyond you? It seems to be!

I'm perfectly sober. Ordinarily I wouldn't be on a Saturday evening, I'll give you that, but just now I'm on pain killers. Not that you're due an explanation, but it just further proves what a complete gobshite you are. So;

Go on then - what's my religion? And what's my age?

So anyone that counters anything that you post needs to 'grow up'? Really? Why don't you answer the simple questions that I asked? Too difficult / awkward for you?

Answer my questions!
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:19 pm

I'd lock it for the affront caused by the thread title.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:37 pm

Hmm. No answer from Thompson yet. Maybe he's drunk?!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh dear. You're the one that needs to read what I've posted as I call upon you to provide answers. Is that beyond you? It seems to be!

I'm perfectly sober. Ordinarily I wouldn't be on a Saturday evening, I'll give you that, but just now I'm on pain killers. Not that you're due an explanation, but it just further proves what a complete gobshite you are. So;

So anyone that counters anything that you post needs to 'grow up'? Really? Why don't you answer the simple questions that I asked? Too difficult / awkward for you?

Answer my questions!
As with your aggressive retort the other week. My read the post again refers to your comment of 'Why not just wear a poppy?' when what I actually said was 'Why not just not wear a poppy on the shirt and keep quiet' but as usual carry on....

I have this funny view as Bruce as an 'Angelos Epithemiou' / Moor Lane (with or without Asda carrier bags) character spittling on his keyboard at almost everything I post.

Enoch....no need to lock the post I'll take a few months / years off as I can't be arsed 'typing' (not arguing, as its an internet forum and I always type with a smile on my face) laughing at what some post and take so seriously).

To everyone on here apart from Bruce....there is some football knowledge on here and enjoy the ride under NL it will be enjoyable - believe me !

Bruce, if your like you are on here in life - your mates will be absolutely pissing themselves behind your back - lighten up a little !

Good night PT x

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Oh dear. You're the one that needs to read what I've posted as I call upon you to provide answers. Is that beyond you? It seems to be!

Answer my questions!
As with your aggressive retort the other week. My read the post again refers to your comment of 'Why not just wear a poppy?' when what I actually said was 'Why not just not wear a poppy on the shirt and keep quiet' but as usual carry on....

I have this funny view as Bruce as an 'Angelos Epithemiou' / Moor Lane (with or without Asda carrier bags) character spittling on his keyboard at almost everything I post.

Enoch....no need to lock the post I'll take a few months / years off as I can't be arsed 'typing' (not arguing, as its an internet forum and I always type with a smile on my face) laughing at what some post and take so seriously).

To everyone on here apart from Bruce....there is some football knowledge on here and enjoy the ride under NL it will be enjoyable - believe me !

Bruce, if your like you are on here in life - your mates will be absolutely pissing themselves behind your back - lighten up a little !

Good night PT x
So you aren't able to answer my questions then? I assumed as much. Hey well. Fair enough. I questioned you - you couldn't answer.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:07 pm

I had a pie for my dinner :mrgreen:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 pm

wigan white wrote:I had a pie for my dinner :mrgreen:
'You fat bastard! You fat bastard!' :mrgreen:

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
wigan white wrote:I had a pie for my dinner :mrgreen:
'You fat bastard! You fat bastard!' :mrgreen:
:lol: ...... It was 2 pies if I'm being honest :oops:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 pm

PT, Maclean has tried the quietly not wearing one at Sunderland and got dog's abuse. He obviously felt the need to explain himself. Most of your points are irrelevant I think. Buying the hand that feeds him might make sense if he's sponsored by the British legion, but he's not.
There are plenty English people who don't wear poppies for various reasons, one of which I think is that they object to feeling obliged and even bullied into it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Ps I'm going to leave it at that and go back a couple of pages to watch the goals for the 7th or 8th time. Cravies hanging header reminded me of McGinlay at his peak, classic.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 am

Peter Thompson wrote:

Answer my questions!

Good night PT x
['d take the hump over the x TBH :mrgreen:

You don't know Bruce any more than I do except I reckon he'd be a barrel of laughs over a few beers.

I happen to think from time to time you post some decent stuff.

LOCK THE THREAD!! Feck off it's my first match thread and we won, (although I suspect Enoch was being a little mischievous there)

On the poppy business I think those who want to wear one should be allowed too and vice versa for those who don't. Football is just a game and organising stuff like poppy wearing and minutes silence is to be honest just being seen to do the right thing. Respecting a former player on the other hand is totally relevant and correct.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:00 pm

LeverEnd wrote:PT, Maclean has tried the quietly not wearing one at Sunderland and got dog's abuse. He obviously felt the need to explain himself. Most of your points are irrelevant I think. Buying the hand that feeds him might make sense if he's sponsored by the British legion, but he's not.
There are plenty English people who don't wear poppies for various reasons, one of which I think is that they object to feeling obliged and even bullied into it.
I'd suggest a look ( to everyone) at James McClean's personal history before making too much comment. Because of where he ( and all his family and friends) comes from, the Creggan area of Derry, he's in a pretty bad situation As a result of supporting his own he received sectarian abuse and loyalist threats and threats from many other quarters, many of them just mindless violence. It's all very much being damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Wearing a poppy, despite the size and scope of the Cenotaph Rememberance Sunday, is still a personal mark of respect and should be observed how individuals wish. If it were ever made a law, a great many of those who wear poppies now would refuse to do so because they would rebel against being told what to do. Why is James McClean and different?

All I would say to him is there was never a British soldier who fired a shot in anger outside of a political order that originated in the corridors of power and not the barracks square. Yes, I wear a poppy, because my father and brother and all my uncles were all full-time serving regular soldiers, but it's mainly because it's what I wish to do. McClean has the same right. All matter, or nobody matters (to quote Harry Bosch).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:PT, Maclean has tried the quietly not wearing one at Sunderland and got dog's abuse. He obviously felt the need to explain himself. Most of your points are irrelevant I think. Buying the hand that feeds him might make sense if he's sponsored by the British legion, but he's not.
I'd suggest a look ( to everyone) at James McClean's personal history before making too much comment. Because of where he ( and all his family and friends) comes from, the Creggan area of Derry, he's in a pretty bad situation As a result of supporting his own he received sectarian abuse and loyalist threats and threats from many other quarters, many of them just mindless violence. It's all very much being damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Wearing a poppy, despite the size and scope of the Cenotaph Rememberance Sunday, is still a personal mark of respect and should be observed how individuals wish. If it were ever made a law, a great many of those who wear poppies now would refuse to do so because they would rebel against being told what to do. Why is James McClean and different?

All I would say to him is there was never a British soldier who fired a shot in anger outside of a political order that originated in the corridors of power and not the barracks square. Yes, I wear a poppy, because my father and brother and all my uncles were all full-time serving regular soldiers, but it's mainly because it's what I wish to do. McClean has the same right. All matter, or nobody matters (to quote Harry Bosch).
Eh? What about the British Marine who was recently convicted of murder for shooting a wounded Afghan in the head at point blank range?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Sponge wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

All I would say to him is there was never a British soldier who fired a shot in anger outside of a political order that originated in the corridors of power and not the barracks square. Yes, I wear a poppy, because my father and brother and all my uncles were all full-time serving regular soldiers, but it's mainly because it's what I wish to do. McClean has the same right. Everybody matters, or nobody matters (to quote Harry Bosch).
Eh? What about the British Marine who was recently convicted of murder for shooting a wounded Afghan in the head at point blank range?
So, are you equating a rogue murder suspect as you average British soldier? You know, your brothers, sons, cousins, friends and relations etc? Soldiers obey order, not make them was my point.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Is this getting us anywhere ? Really ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:32 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Is this getting us anywhere ? Really ??
No, probably not Bobo. That's my lot.