Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:51 am

KeyserSoze wrote:Looks close to done

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read the first three words in the headline 'Eidur Gudjohnsen signs' and spunked-up. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 am

I will reserve any form of sexual arousal until I've seen him playing for us,and I am able to see that he can improve us . Will be well swelled in the trouser department if he's nearly as good as he was!!!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Read the first three words in the headline 'Eidur Gudjohnsen signs' and spunked-up. :oops:
You're managing three words now rather than the usual "Oooooooh, nooooooo"? Well done sir, well done.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:33 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

You're managing three words now rather than the usual "Oooooooh, nooooooo"? Well done sir, well done.
The delaying tactic was the thought of some tight-wad buying the cheapest possible dogshit bags and getting warm dogshit on his hands. You should try it. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Absolutely certain that when he left Bolton for Chelsea, he said he would be backand that he loved the club, but cant find it on't interweb!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Great expression, criminally underused these days.
PS has it been a while?

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:20 pm

goffy7167 wrote:Absolutely certain that when he left Bolton for Chelsea, he said he would be backand that he loved the club, but cant find it on't interweb!!
I'm sure I remember this too. Haven't heard anything about it since. I recall something about him finishing his career with us?


thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:02 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:
goffy7167 wrote:Absolutely certain that when he left Bolton for Chelsea, he said he would be backand that he loved the club, but cant find it on't interweb!!
I'm sure I remember this too. Haven't heard anything about it since. I recall something about him finishing his career with us?
aye - we're quite good at finishing off players' careers! :D

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Well, managers anyway. And Mears .

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 pm

when he signed the first time, that him and proper ronaldo played together about twice , i didnt care that his ankle was fecked, dude played with ronaldo, he'll be top.

mustve bin like when proper peter thompson rocked up.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Read those quotes from NL; they pay tribute to EG, but they're hardly "get 'im signed". I suspect this is more about shifting half season tickets than it is about improving the squad. Expect a couple of cameos and gone by the end of January.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:39 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Read those quotes from NL; they pay tribute to EG, but they're hardly "get 'im signed". I suspect this is more about shifting half season tickets than it is about improving the squad. Expect a couple of cameos and gone by the end of January.
you are the new val downer :roll:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm

jaffka wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Read those quotes from NL; they pay tribute to EG, but they're hardly "get 'im signed". I suspect this is more about shifting half season tickets than it is about improving the squad. Expect a couple of cameos and gone by the end of January.
I know, I know. :D
But, when I read NL saying, " I think overall he was pleased with his contribution and with his condition." As opposed to "I was pleased...", then I think the game is up. Soz!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:54 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
jaffka wrote:
But, when I read NL saying, " I think overall he was pleased with his contribution and with his condition." As opposed to "I was pleased...", then I think the game is up. Soz!
On the other hand, NL does say he 'was very, very good' for the 75 minutes he played.

I'm not over-optimistic but there's a chance we could use EG as a match-changing sub, and that'd do for me.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 pm

EverSoYouri wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:
jaffka wrote:
On the other hand, NL does say he 'was very, very good' for the 75 minutes he played.

I'm not over-optimistic but there's a chance we could use EG as a match-changing sub, and that'd do for me.
was he ever really that kind of player, though?

I'd love to see Eidur back in a whites shirt being brilliant - but I am still kinda skeptical that he would be the magic bullet to glory that some seem to hope he is...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:09 pm

I don't think anyone is expecting him to come back in, start every game and boss every game, however the only two attacking options we had on the bench today were Hall and Mason. If his fitness is still decent, then the prospect of several 15-20 minute cameos makes me wet with excitement tbh.

Also, whilst he wasn't that kind of player when he played for us, later on he dropped deeper and deeper and would still be able to do things that no-one else in this league could do or see. Sounds good either for breaking down resolute defences, or for being clever when we need to hold onto a lead.

EIDUR IN!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting him to come back in, start every game and boss every game,
hmm... maybe it's less widespread than I thought - but it has been said that he'd totally piss this league (which surely means he'd boss every game?) and also that with him in the side we'd challenge for play-off spots...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting him to come back in, start every game and boss every game, however the only two attacking options we had on the bench today were Hall and Mason. If his fitness is still decent, then the prospect of several 15-20 minute cameos makes me wet with excitement tbh.

Also, whilst he wasn't that kind of player when he played for us, later on he dropped deeper and deeper and would still be able to do things that no-one else in this league could do or see. Sounds good either for breaking down resolute defences, or for being clever when we need to hold onto a lead.

EIDUR IN!

if Lennon decides Eidur still has it, and Eidur was only able to play half a game - I think I'd rather it was the first half, using his creativity to help us establish a lead...

I'm not sure if he's always the bloke to bring on in the last 20mins to defend a lead or to overturn a deficit...

but - it'll be exciting finding out! It's ace to have a big name associated with the club again - and a player I still consider to be one of ours to boot!

I don't think Lennon's a mug, though... finances are still tight - and if he decides we need goals - then he might have to ask himself if a) Eidur is either the man to lay them on for our current strike-force or b) Eidur is the man to score many himself...

can we afford more than Eidur - or would he empty the piggy-bank? (I don't know!)

would anyone on here want to sell chungy to make it possible to sign Eidur?

there's more questions than I can answer - but thankfully, I have every confidence in the manager's judgement...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:53 pm

thebish wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting him to come back in, start every game and boss every game,
hmm... maybe it's less widespread than I thought - but it has been said that he'd totally piss this league (which surely means he'd boss every game?) and also that with him in the side we'd challenge for play-off spots...
Let it go FFS....your becoming really boring

He would make a huge difference in regards to the creativity of this side....he has more quality than most if not all of our current side....the team would be much better with him than without him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
thebish wrote:
Let it go FFS....your becoming really boring

He would make a huge difference in regards to the creativity of this side....he has more quality than most if not all of our current side....the team would be much better with him than without him.
:conf: chill! yours isn't the only opinion allowed!