Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Be a good replacement for chungy whilst he's away on inter duty
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Imagine if he broke his leg in tonight's game.

I can't wait for him to sign.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:The more I think about the probable Eidur signing, the more impressed I am with both parties. What a boost it will give to everyone at the club if we pull it off.

He may possibly be a yard or so slower in the legs than he was in his pomp, but being such a clever thinking class player I'm still onvinced that he'll open up defences in this league on a regular basis (probably from the bench in the first month or so)....the only thing is IMO we'll need a better class of striker who can put in the runs to benefit from him. I've had a downer on the club for the past 3 years or so but with NL & now possibly Eidur the feel good factor is definitely back....even though there is still work to do with the team - its certainly a really positive move.

Also, I can't recall if Eidur was great with free kicks around the box, but surely the way he hits a ball he can't be any worse than those taken on Saturday.
A yard or so slower is not necessarily a problem. Big Sam picked up Jay Jay, Youri et al when they were a little stale dated and that certainly worked out.
Jay Jay was 29* when we signed him. Just saying.

*At least that was his 'Nigerian age'.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:The more I think about the probable Eidur signing, the more impressed I am with both parties. What a boost it will give to everyone at the club if we pull it off.

He may possibly be a yard or so slower in the legs than he was in his pomp, but being such a clever thinking class player I'm still onvinced that he'll open up defences in this league on a regular basis (probably from the bench in the first month or so)....the only thing is IMO we'll need a better class of striker who can put in the runs to benefit from him. I've had a downer on the club for the past 3 years or so but with NL & now possibly Eidur the feel good factor is definitely back....even though there is still work to do with the team - its certainly a really positive move.

Also, I can't recall if Eidur was great with free kicks around the box, but surely the way he hits a ball he can't be any worse than those taken on Saturday.
A yard or so slower is not necessarily a problem. Big Sam picked up Jay Jay, Youri et al when they were a little stale dated and that certainly worked out.

True, and Youri only 34 or so, but they were able to star in the Premier League for some years after they were considered washed up and available on a free. Perhaps Eiður can do it in the Championship...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Jugs wrote:Imagine if he broke his leg in tonight's game.

I can't wait for him to sign.
:roll:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:36 pm

Ignore the fact he fluffed his lines, he's back in a Whites shirt:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... lesbrough/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

I believe actually he was 28. I stand to be corrected, naturally.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Jugs wrote:Ignore the fact he fluffed his lines, he's back in a Whites shirt:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11 ... lesbrough/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lol , The Trott showin' him how ts done !

:/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:35 pm

:pray:
May the bridges I burn light your way

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Image

:pray:

No worries about being a yard slower - pace was never his strong suit any way. If he still has the touch and the eye for a killer pass, we'll be laughing.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:59 pm

I dunno; in the Holdsworth-Gudjohnsen dream combo, he was the "quick" one.

-Dear Father Christmas, all I want this year is an Eidur winning goal at the New Den. Thanks, Love Pru x
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:03 am

From the pic it looks like he still loves his food.

Can't see him getting knocked off the ball that easy! :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:52 am

He was lightning over 10 yards
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:08 am

Offish site wrote:The Icelandic international slid in at the far post, but, with the goal gaping, was unable to hit the target as his strike floated over the crossbar.
Exactly what we need :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 am

Couple of things.

1. With Kaiyne Wollery and Conor Wilkinson up front, Eidur behind them *and* Zach Clough playing (at one point supplying Eidur), that's some attacking line-up... and it won.

2. Kudos to the BN website sales team: there's a Blackburn Rovers club shop ad on that story. I've just taken great pleasure in clicking on it without any intention of ever buying anything from the bastards.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:58 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Couple of things.

1. With Kaiyne Wollery and Conor Wilkinson up front, Eidur behind them *and* Zach Clough playing (at one point supplying Eidur), that's some attacking line-up... and it won.
Didn't Boro win with a last-minute win? :?
Either way - I was flipping though the BWFC Twitter feed last night and every time they mentioned Gudjohnsen he seemed to be missing an open net or falling over his own feet - I thought they were taking the piss!! haha!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 am

Pssst - they lost!

My favourite bit was the BBC-style "Most Read Stories" list which had at number 3: "Group of men seen acting suspiciously outside Aldi in Horwich".

The text of this enthralling Pulitzer contender: " A group of men were seen acting suspiciously outside the Aldi supermarket in Horwich.

Police were called to the scene, but when they arrived about ten minutes later, the men had left.

Witnesses say they saw three men wearing balaclavas outside the supermarket in Mason Street, Horwich.

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "We were called to Aldi in Horwich at 7.27pm, due to reports of males acting suspiciously.

"Upon our arrival, there was no one present. There's nothing in it at this stage.""

:D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:59 am

EverSoYouri wrote:From the pic it looks like he still loves his food.

Can't see him getting knocked off the ball that easy! :wink:
Aye, he was a real dumplng when he first arrived (first time round).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:58 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
I'm sorry, I have a cold. :oops:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
I'm sorry, I have a cold. :oops:
This is clearly not true. Men don't get colds. Either there's bugger all wrong with you, or it's manflu.

Shame on you, DSB.