Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Gudjohnsen training with the squad

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Bish, I'm extremely chilled believe me....every time we win I'm one very happy man.

But that must be the 3rd or 4th post in which you have referred to my specific post about Eidur - and who has ever said that its only my opinion that's allowed.

I believe that he would be a real asset to the side, but if you don't then that's fine but stop quoting my post all the time.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Contrary to widespread opinion, I don't think Eidur is the answer and at the moment I'm largely ambivalent about him signing. I look forward to being proved wrong.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Bish, I'm extremely chilled believe me....every time we win I'm one very happy man.

But that must be the 3rd or 4th post in which you have referred to my specific post about Eidur - and who has ever said that its only my opinion that's allowed.

I believe that he would be a real asset to the side, but if you don't then that's fine but stop quoting my post all the time.
this may hurt your ego - but I had entirely forgotten who said that, but I knew someone had! I mentioned it because Pru said nobody was getting that excited... you clearly are - and i am very happy for you! It was a bit mean of Pru to entirely ignore your excitement! You should be pleased i remembered your contribution and valued it enough to take it into account! (even if I forgot it was actually you!) 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:15 am

Lennon said in his post match interview on GMR that the decision lies with Eidur, and that he hopes that he'll join us this week.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:59 pm

He's coming home, he's coming home...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:03 pm

excellent news!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:37 pm

"What's that? Is he signing for us....Eidur Gudjohnson, Eidur Gudjohnson!"

:oyea:
Pfffft.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Little Green Man wrote:He's coming home, he's coming home...

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _/?ref=mac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
....He's coming, Eidur's coming home. Just had to finish it! Whoooooo :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:29 pm

twilight wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:He's coming home, he's coming home...

....He's coming, Eidur's coming home. Just had to finish it! Whoooooo :oyea:
That'll be Bruce!

Great news though, delighted. I'm going to Reading.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:23 am

I hope he can live up to the size 24 boots we're wanting him to fill. I would hate to end up remembering him as a "has been". Will be delighted if it all works out. :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:14 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Bish, I'm extremely chilled believe me....every time we win I'm one very happy man.

Ignore him he's a fvckin troll
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 am

Wish the club would make an announcement one way or the other. Personally, I think Eidur will be great in an impact role and I'm sure he's sensible enough to see himself as part of a solution rather than a whole. His presence in the side will be a massive bonus and Craig Davies is already singing his praises loudly. Any time he's part of a win will do for me. Come on, get him signed...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am

Great news assuming he signs today. The boost this will provide to the team may be enough to propel us into the play-offs this season, irrespective of whether Mark Davies is out for the rest of the campaign or not.

If we can also get him into a coaching role at the club as he finishes his playing career I can only see good coming from it.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:31 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Ignore him he's a fvckin troll
Who me or Bish....?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm

The more I think about the probable Eidur signing, the more impressed I am with both parties. What a boost it will give to everyone at the club if we pull it off.

He may possibly be a yard or so slower in the legs than he was in his pomp, but being such a clever thinking class player I'm still onvinced that he'll open up defences in this league on a regular basis (probably from the bench in the first month or so)....the only thing is IMO we'll need a better class of striker who can put in the runs to benefit from him. I've had a downer on the club for the past 3 years or so but with NL & now possibly Eidur the feel good factor is definitely back....even though there is still work to do with the team - its certainly a really positive move.

Also, I can't recall if Eidur was great with free kicks around the box, but surely the way he hits a ball he can't be any worse than those taken on Saturday.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Trying not to let my 10 year old self get over excited about this.

Failing miserably.

Eidur's coming home!!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:The more I think about the probable Eidur signing, the more impressed I am with both parties. What a boost it will give to everyone at the club if we pull it off.

He may possibly be a yard or so slower in the legs than he was in his pomp, but being such a clever thinking class player I'm still onvinced that he'll open up defences in this league on a regular basis (probably from the bench in the first month or so)....the only thing is IMO we'll need a better class of striker who can put in the runs to benefit from him. I've had a downer on the club for the past 3 years or so but with NL & now possibly Eidur the feel good factor is definitely back....even though there is still work to do with the team - its certainly a really positive move.

Also, I can't recall if Eidur was great with free kicks around the box, but surely the way he hits a ball he can't be any worse than those taken on Saturday.
That and he could have just as easily gone to India or Qatar for buckets of money. I'm assuming his wage won't be very high here...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Stuff on Twitter saying it's a done-deal.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:The more I think about the probable Eidur signing, the more impressed I am with both parties. What a boost it will give to everyone at the club if we pull it off.

A yard or so slower is not necessarily a problem. Big Sam picked up Jay Jay, Youri et al when they were a little stale dated and that certainly worked out.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:03 pm

Yay Eidur, Good on ya son :wink: