Max Clayton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Max Clayton

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:00 pm

DJBlu wrote:Such a shame as he was growing into the system that was being played.

I want to know what the feck is under the grass at the Macron and training ground.
Coyle left one his juju curses on the goal-lines
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:51 pm

maybe this policy of not allowing hats and gloves in training isn't working out...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Silver linings and all that, we now have to bring a striker in next month.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Clayton's been playing wide, though. We need wide men. And none of this trying to fit square pegs into round holes, a la Pratters on the right wing v Forest at home.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Silver linings and all that, we now have to bring a striker in next month.
shame we already spent all the cash on a midfielder! :wink:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:24 am

Jugs wrote:Clayton's been playing wide, though. We need wide men. And none of this trying to fit square pegs into round holes, a la Pratters on the right wing v Forest at home.
I guess if Rob Hall doesn't break into the team and perform this season we can look to move him on..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:44 am

Athers wrote:
Jugs wrote:Clayton's been playing wide, though. We need wide men. And none of this trying to fit square pegs into round holes, a la Pratters on the right wing v Forest at home.
I guess if Rob Hall doesn't break into the team and perform this season we can look to move him on..
I think if he was 23 or 24 I might agree with you. As he has only just turned 21 I personally think he should be given a bit more time to develop. I'm not saying he will turn into a good player or that he has shown much to think he will become good but he will still be maturing and he should be given a chance before we show him the door. I know he has already played 20 odd games for use but most of them were when he was 19 and 20.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Personally, I'd like to see Hall given a go in the central, free role. The lad has pace to burn and in this league, I haven't yet seen a centre back with any pace. The only downside is that it would mean pushing Chungy wide again, when he's been so good in that role of late.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I'd like to see Hall given a go in the central, free role. The lad has pace to burn and in this league, I haven't yet seen a centre back with any pace. The only downside is that it would mean pushing Chungy wide again, when he's been so good in that role of late.
As we've seen with the emergence of Chungy in that role - it's a role for an intelligent mind. I'm not sure Hall's ready for that just yet and I'm not sure the team would be as confident as it is now if Hall was suddenly implemented in that role. I just don't see Hall as having the character or determination to get the best out of his potential - hopefully Lennon can smash it into him. From what I've seen (which admittedly is very little apart from a couple of youtube moments) he strikes me as a bit of a cocky go-lucky cockney.

Hall needs gradually introducing into the first team picture, should his effort in training ever warrant it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Hall is wank!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:Hall is wank!
Personally, I don't think we've seen enough of him and he's never had a run of games. It's difficult to assess a player's strengths and weaknesses based on 5 minutes as a sub. The lad had a great pre-season and frankly, your judgement of Hall could equally have applied to CYL/Cravies for all of last season and the first part of this. Under Lennon, they have probably been our 2 most consistent players. I agree that ideally a slow introduction would work better, but at the moment we don't have enough players to afford us that luxury.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:42 pm

I agree with the idea that so the fringe players should get another go under Lennon, and I hope that more will surprise us and be good. Certainly can't complain if hall does get a run given our problems either.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope though.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 pm

There's no way we should be shifting Chungy from his central role for Hall.

I'd like to see Hall start tonight just because he's the only out-and-out winger replacement we really have for Clayton.

Barring other youngsters who have never played in the first team, that is.

I just don't want to a centre mid on the wing. But I suspect it will happen.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Personally, I'd like to see Hall given a go in the central, free role. The lad has pace to burn and in this league, I haven't yet seen a centre back with any pace. The only downside is that it would mean pushing Chungy wide again, when he's been so good in that role of late.
Actually, he doesn't. And shows little sign of being a footballer - even 'at this level'. Maybe not too late, yet, though.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Prufrock wrote:I agree with the idea that so the fringe players should get another go under Lennon, and I hope that more will surprise us and be good. Certainly can't complain if hall does get a run given our problems either.

He's young. Hope you're not one of the ones tweeting abuse at Wilkinson (and his Dad!!!) about how shit he is and should be fvcked off back on loan after 1 performance against one of the best sides in the league.

Don't think you are, but let's cut the lad some slack, none of u have seen enough to suggest anything.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Prufrock wrote:I agree with the idea that so the fringe players should get another go under Lennon, and I hope that more will surprise us and be good. Certainly can't complain if hall does get a run given our problems either.

He's young. Hope you're not one of the ones tweeting abuse at Wilkinson (and his Dad!!!) about how shit he is and should be fvcked off back on loan after 1 performance against one of the best sides in the league.

Don't think you are, but let's cut the lad some slack, none of u have seen enough to suggest anything.
I think that was Hoboh...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Agreed!

This team 3 months ago was one of the worst teams in the league! And now we can compete with the best of them

I know West ham/big sam wanted to hang onto him! Lad must have abit about him
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:27 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

I think that was Hoboh...
Want to hear from my lawyers?
I have not been on twitter for a good while now, I found it mind dulling TBH.
I said on here in comment to an post suggesting he had a bit of an attitude, if he is going to be a mardarse because a few in the crowd give him some stick over a bit of crap play, we don't want him because we seem to have had more than our fair share of non-entities who thought they were Gods gift to football then sulked when it turned out they weren't.

:mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:03 am

boltonboris wrote:

Not at all. I think Wilkinson has something about him as it goes. Hall was decent tonight (and I thought should have had a pen) but we've had a lot more to go off (than Wilkinson) and he's been shite for a lot of it. So has Darren mind, and he's turned into a footballer recently, so I'm hoping Hall kicks on and proves me wrong.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:10 am

Prufrock wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Not at all. I think Wilkinson has something about him as it goes. Hall was decent tonight (and I thought should have had a pen) but we've had a lot more to go off (than Wilkinson) and he's been shite for a lot of it. So has Darren mind, and he's turned into a footballer recently, so I'm hoping Hall kicks on and proves me wrong.
He's been shite for a lot of what?? I'm unsure, as he's batejy kicked a ball wasn't tonight his second start in the league? Seem to remember him scoring on the other start that I recall