Treatment table

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Treatment table

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:48 pm

There must be one knocking about somewhere but I can't (be arsed) to find it. Given the news that Joe Mason is Out for a few weeks now with a torn hamstring, and some expected bad news regarding Clayton, thought we should keep a list of those out to keep track of. Because I can't.

Mavies
Joe Mason
Clayton (unconfirmed but expected)
Craig Davies
Tierney
McNaughton

any more for anymore?

(ok not that many but i can't find a definitive list, like on physioroom.com so hey, why not?)
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Treatment table

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Didn't Medo have a problem at some point. Wondering now if lennon just doesn't like him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Didn't Medo have a problem at some point. Wondering now if lennon just doesn't like him.
dunno - but if not, then it looks like Lennon also freezes out players who the fans think have summat to offer...

or maybe Medo just doesn't fit the kind of football Lennony wants to play - whatever that is!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Heard he had some muscle/nerve problem in his back which prevented him from full training, so he was doing bits and bobs

EDIT: Think it was his stomach
Last edited by boltonboris on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:38 pm

boltonboris wrote:Heard he had some muscle/nerve problem in his back which prevented him from full training, so he was doing bits and bobs
Spotted that he played for the reserves the other night, first game in a while. Hope he can get involved under Lennon, decent player in there somewhere.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Heard he had some muscle/nerve problem in his back which prevented him from full training, so he was doing bits and bobs
Spotted that he played for the reserves the other night, first game in a while. Hope he can get involved under Lennon, decent player in there somewhere.
aye - one of them shots has to go in one day!! :D

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Hmm, never a massive fan of Medo. Lots of misplaced passes and a bit of a rash personality that leads to bad challenges.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Jugs wrote:Hmm, never a massive fan of Medo. Lots of misplaced passes and a bit of a rash personality that leads to bad challenges.

Consistency is always what holds players like Medo back. When he first arrived, he was picking the passes, getting the tackles in and going close to scoring every match. If Lennon could bring that Medo back, we'd all be happy.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Jugs wrote:Hmm, never a massive fan of Medo. Lots of misplaced passes and a bit of a rash personality that leads to bad challenges.
Who was good under the previous regime though? Having seen the difference in so many players since we got rid of the horrendously negative Freedman, I'd be sad to see him go without seeing him play in a forward thinking team.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Who was good under the previous regime though? Having seen the difference in so many players since we got rid of the horrendously negative Freedman, I'd be sad to see him go without seeing him play in a forward thinking team.
Exactly and I'd say that for ANY player on the fringes
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 am

Bogdan out for six weeks with an ankle strain, according to Mark Iles, and Ben Amos from Stretford in on loan for a month.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 am

Flipping heck.

More bad luck.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Just read Iles' tweet that Pratley worse than feared and out for 6-8 weeks. A real shame. If his value to us still isn't obvious to some, then Saturday's dip after he went off should make it so.
Let's hope Bannan can fill the gap.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 pm

I'd say Bannan's a completely different type of player. More of a Mavies type. But we'll see.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'd say Bannan's a completely different type of player. More of a Mavies type. But we'll see.
Fair enough, never seen him. He's on the right thread though if he's a Mavies type!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'd say Bannan's a completely different type of player. More of a Mavies type. But we'll see.
Fair enough, never seen him. He's on the right thread though if he's a Mavies type!
:lol:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Trotter (yay) and Wheats injured yesterday? Hope lennon gives our medical team a shake up soon.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:42 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Trotter (yay) and Wheats injured yesterday? Hope lennon gives our medical team a shake up soon.
Muscle injuries tend to be a result of over-work on the training ground/pitch. Maybe he needs to tone down the intensity of the training a tad here and there.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Trotter (yay) and Wheats injured yesterday? Hope lennon gives our medical team a shake up soon.
Muscle injuries tend to be a result of over-work on the training ground/pitch. Maybe he needs to tone down the intensity of the training a tad here and there.
If that's the case then I'd have Trotter doing a marathon every session!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Possibly. or rotate the squad. It's big enough now, I'd expect us to see the new faces coming in without necessarily rejecting the incumbents permanently.