Red v white, a thorny contest - Leeds United (H) 10/01/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Red v white, a thorny contest - Leeds United (H) 10/01/1

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:26 pm

And.....plenty crowd noise from the edges and.....Eidur and.....Murphy handles and gives us a free. Feeney and.....keeper catches and.....here they come again. To and fro....and now they have a throw and.....Dervite's through ball was a bit too quick. COME ON YOU WHITES......COME ON YOU WHITES......Time for a sub? Trotter sounds like he's off the mark today, so.....now they have a free kick and.....Heskey, then Austin gets the visitors moving again. Danns and Eidur but they get a free and......Vela has to head away. Back they come but Morrison handles as the rain "hammers down". Bit of decent stuff from Heskey but its all to and fro again. "Spearing warming up? asks the man.......before Leeds clear after.......oh, Dave Wheater's replacing Dervite?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Eidur, Danns, then they break but to no effect. Come on lads, just one more and see it out....Now Pratley sets us off again. Them again and.......ohhh, Veradi volleys one over that could so easily have gone in. GET A GRIP WHITES.......COME ON......Craig Davies for Heskey? " Trotter's been anonymous" claims the voice. And....Danns, Feeney, and Eidur loses out and away they go...and fortunately wallop one over our bar. Davies on, Heskey out left? not sure who's gone off yet?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Trotter off

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Just a little bit of quality lads.....and Wilkinson's also on? Plenty beef up front then? C.D wins a free kick and then.....Heskey and...cleared....and.......oooohhhh Eidur lashes one and a defender deflects it and.....we have a corner, then another. That would have been nice and.....it's over the top. Time marching on. crowd roaring us on and......Silvester dashes out and smothers the ball. Just over ten left........Ream.....and...a deep throw and...their goalie finally grabs it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:44 pm

COME ON WHITES......COME ON WHITES......One goal will do it.....Now they have a dab and we get it back and Eidur sets us off. Silvester punches one away for a throw. up, down, to and fro and now.....ref gets a boo after an attack from behind on C.D. He gives a goal kick. Back they come and.....goal kick us. And......and......and....Eidur loses out and Leeds almost score. Corner them and......surely we aren't hanging on here? COME ON.....late sub for them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:53 pm

We visit and.....they clear but we send it back in and they send it back out and shake it all about and do the hokey-cokey and....oh, sorry. Leeds not sounding like the sacrificial lambs our commentators claimed. Couple of minutes left and......COME ON....COME ON......bit of possession by our heroes and....and.....they get a free kick and we make a really last-minute sub with Walker. ??? Think I must have mis-heard earlier? And now.....they have a comic-cuts free kick and...... Walker whacks it clear? Us/them/us/them.......Walker......and....Walker rcovers it and....they clar and.....we get a last second throw and.....go on.......and....they clear and we go and the smoke goes up the chimney just the same. A point won or two lost? 1-1.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:53 pm

a draw has us dropping to 16th... those linking chungy with a possible play-off promotion place - nice thought, but this isn't play-off form*...

(*and - that's fine - it's immeasurably better than it was and plenty good enough for now!)

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:57 pm

thebish wrote:a draw has us dropping to 16th... those linking chungy with a possible play-off promotion place - nice thought, but this isn't play-off form*...

(*and - that's fine - it's immeasurably better than it was and plenty good enough for now!)
11 points with 21 games is extremely unlikely.

Sounded like a shite game today but we didn't lose so meh.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:05 pm

Play-offs were always a distant prospect considering where we were when Lennon came in... Staying up and consolidating our position in mid-table is what I would say are our realistic targets.

Sounded like a real dogfight today, a point seems a fair result and better than nothing at all...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 pm

danardif1 wrote:Play-offs were always a distant prospect considering where we were when Lennon came in... Staying up and consolidating our position in mid-table is what I would say are our realistic targets.

Sounded like a real dogfight today, a point seems a fair result and better than nothing at all...
yeah - agree absolutely! I just think it puts the chungy thing in context - do we gamble with (pretty speculative) £1.5million in NOT selling him this january on the hope that he will help us into the playoffs... on this form - even with chungy - the playoffs are a long way off...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Should get a few interesting views from the match-goers....(hopefully).. :wink:

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:34 pm

What a load of rubbish that was.

Trotter was terrible, Feeney was terrible, The Referee was terrible.

Neither team really deserved to win that, not sure if either penalties should have been given either.


a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 pm

thebish wrote: yeah - agree absolutely! I just think it puts the chungy thing in context - do we gamble with (pretty speculative) £1.5million in NOT selling him this january on the hope that he will help us into the playoffs... on this form - even with chungy - the playoffs are a long way off...
he got injured or summat against Oman.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:43 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:What a load of rubbish that was.

Trotter was terrible
, Feeney was terrible, The Referee was terrible.

Neither team really deserved to win that, not sure if either penalties should have been given either.
This - utter garbage, awful piss poor performance for the full 90 mins against a dire Leeds side.
No creativity, no passion, no tempo, absolutely zero quality - league 1 stuff

The only player who gets any credit is Vela who had a good game, everyone else (and I mean everyone else) was very poor IMO - Trotter was abysmal, as was Ream.....very very poor performance.

Not sure what to make of today, I'd like to hear what Lennon said after the game - very uninspiring stuff that

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Shows we need a few new faces, and fast.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Good to see Eidur get his first goal back at Bolton though.


Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 pm

adamworthy2002 wrote:Good to see Eidur get his first goal back at Bolton though.
Took the penalty really well - but like everyone bar Vela he looked disinterested at times today. I'm hoping its just a one off, but it was a bit similar to Huddersfield - we have absolutely no movement & creativity in the side, everything is slow & predictable

NL needs to seriously shake this lot up quickly, otherwise all of his good work could be undone if performances like this are repeated.

I honestly can't believe how bad Trotter was (and Danns wasn't much better), Pratley didn't play like he has recently - the whole team was flat. How anyone can see a footballer in Trotter is behond me, he's very slow, continually gives the ball away cheaply in dangerous positions and TBH is a complete liability as was Ream at times today (I quite like Ream but today like Trotter he was awful)

After the enjoyment & progress made in the previous home games under NL, today was a real disappointment and a real backward step

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:10 pm

One bad performance does not equal a backward step.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Well, that's sorted a few things out & we can be confident of what division we'll be in next season.

I trust Lennon hugely and so, amazed as I was that he started Trotter, I have to accept that he knows a footballer better than I do, that he sees him on a daily basis and that he saw fit to start him today. I now know that Lennon isn't infallible.

With luck he'll do with him what he did with Beckford. He's given him chances to show he's capable ... he patently isn't .... now move him on.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:17 pm

jmjhb wrote:One bad performance does not equal a backward step.
Agreed. NL has worked wonders so far with a poor squad. Days like today are inevitable until he's got rid of every last bit of Freedman, brought his own players in and properly stamped his authority on the team.

On the upside - we played poorly but didn't lose. We're a point further away from the relegation spots. Eidur is closer to full match fitness. Another young lad broke into the first team squad. Wigan lost again :pissed:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"