Spyin Kop - Liverpool vs. Bolton - FA Cup 4th Rnd - 24/01/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spyin Kop - Liverpool vs. Bolton - FA Cup 4th Rnd - 24/0

Post by thebish » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Athers wrote: Might be the case but I for one specifically remember a thread just calling us a load of inbred c*nts etc regardless.

All the best though
aye - but to be fair - I don't think that was a liverpool fan...

personally I have no problem at all with fans from other clubs/forums coming on here and being polite and reasonable - just as Titi has been... I think it enriches the forum..

to automatically slag opposing fans on here just for the sake of it when they have been perfectly respectful and reasonable just makes US look like dicks.. IMHO!

if THEY act like dicks - then the mods soon sort it out..

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Gudjohnsen wont get anywhere near heskey ;-)

heskey for the win(ner)!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:07 pm

wonder how many whites 'll get tickets in the home end..

denying some norwegian day tripper...

"no one else is sitting in it, it'd just be empty if i werent here"

lol

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:37 pm

1. Why Bolton?
I was born there, in a family that had lived there for generations. My father was at the 1958 FA Cup final, just as his father had watched horrified from the other end of the ground as the Burnden Disaster unfolded. My dad took my elder sister during the 1970s, then they both took me until I was old enough to go alone, and I've just passed the 30th anniversary of my first game: a drear 0-0 against (Leytonless) Orient in front of 4,000 bored souls. You might call in an inherited disability.

2. New players and old ones
For two years now the club has been trying to shed its underachieving overearners. Trouble is, so is every other club, and in doing so we've gone through different managers who have brought in their own duffers. Shopping for bargains, Dougie Freedman saddled us with some shockers, Dean Moxey being notably unable to stand up and walk simultaneously, but other freebies like Neil Danns, Dorian Dervite and Liam Feeney have shown enough ability to warrant a wage – unlike the chancers we've been slowly cutting from the payroll.

3. Neil Lennon
Any manager would be a relief after Freedman's dreadful, fear-filled football, but Lennon's up-and-at-'em attitude has been particularly refreshing, leading to renewed optimism for a play-off campaign next season – or maybe even this, if he can maintain an improbable average of two points per game. To do that, he'll need some better players, which takes cash, which is in short supply. How long he'll stay is debatable, although he has shown little indication of regarding us as a stepping-stone and could surely have chosen an easier ticket into English management.

4. Aspirations for this season
We needed to clear out the crap-acts, hire cheap replacements and hope it hung together. It didn't, but it looks a lot better than it did four or 14 months ago.

5. The owners
Although the debt gets headlines, it's vastly owed to one man – wool-died Bolton fan Eddie Davies, who would lose all that investment by trying to claim it back. FFP is actually a bigger struggle because our outgoings dwarf our incomings. Chairman Phil Gartside isn't as popular as you might expect but personally I think we could have a hell of a lot worse, and would struggle to find somebody as savvy behind the scenes.

6. Who's you favourite ever player for Bolton and favourite ever non Bolton player?
From Bolton, Robbie Savage (not that one) and Stuart Whittaker, both of whom most Wanderers fans would walk past without recognising. Outside Bolton, James Milner: consummate professional, incredibly tactically intelligent, utterly selfless and a genuine love of the game.

7. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from the FA Cup?
Winning at Anfield in 1993. Sorry, but at that time you were still (just about) the team to beat – Souey hadn't yet demolished the aura – and we were a Third Division team who'd been scratching around in the armpit of football for a decade. And we didn't do it by clogging, we played brilliant pass-and-move stuff that your fans were generous enough to applaud. I stood in the away stand with my mates, grinning like a simpleton: it was just over five years since we'd lost 4-0 at Scarborough.

8. What's your favourite ever memory/match/moment from a game involving Liverpool FC?
See above. The League Cup final was nice, too – no bother, great game, honourable defeat – but that night at Anfield tops just about every other experience I've ever had, because only a long-suffering fan can enjoy such delirious delayed gratification.

9. How do you see yourself lining up come match day and who will be the man for LFC to look out for?
We might go three at the back to counter your newfangled 3-4-3. Some will mock me for saying this but your somewhat ponderous defence might grow to hate Liam Feeney: if our winger was as fast in the head as he was in the feet, he wouldn't be our winger.

10. Predictions for the match?
It will help that you'll make rotational changes with the Chelsea semi in mind, but even your reserves should still have enough to beat our lot. We might frighten you if we get at you early on – Lennon's sides have frequently had high-intensity half-hours, some of pleasingly good quality – but we still haven't put together a full 90 minutes under him, and you'll take advantage. 3-1 home win.

11. And finally, how far do you think the winner of this tie will go in the competition?
Depends whether you prioritise it above the Europa League and the chase for fourth. Concentrate and you could win the cup, but do you really want it enough?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 pm

DSB called it first, Liam Feeney to be the new David Lee.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 pm

For what it's worth, since it's a question in this thread, my favourite player in a Bolton shirt could cover a lot, right up from Nat Lofthouse days to Ivan Campo. I'll settle for Kevin Davies, not because he came near the talents of a J.J.Okocha or a Youri, even a Freddie Hill, but because he gave 100% for Bolton every time he turned out and because he put the fear of God up almost every defence he ever played against. Looking like the captain of a boys school, he was as hard as nails and never gave in to injury or resorted to diving. He was the best ariel target man Bolton ever had ( too good in fact, because long balls up to him became a known factor of our game). He was, unfortunately, a marked target for the whistle men ( and guilty as charged in a fair few instances) who seemed to conveniently ignore multitudinous fouls in his direction. Most of all, despite his Sheffield heritage, he was totally Bolton whilst here, all nine seasons of it.

Well, you asked. Favourite non-Bolton player? There's no such animal. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:25 am

LeverEnd wrote:DSB called it first, Liam Feeney to be the new David Lee.
If only it wasn't all in the past.

Kinda.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:57 am

Tango, we all love Kev, but to say he never dived?? Come on.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 am

For a big guy he fell over a lot. Less than most, but still far too easily at times.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:43 am

boltonboris wrote:Tango, we all love Kev, but to say he never dived?? Come on.
Oh, all right. He may have slipped a time or two. :oops: Seriously, he got battered and fouled regularly and probably got pxssed off with the refs. Who wouldn't? Compared to a lot of strikers he was squeaky clean. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..I come to praise Kev, not to bury him. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 am

Dived? Nah. He made sure the red knew he'd been fouled!

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:08 am

thebish wrote:
Athers wrote: Might be the case but I for one specifically remember a thread just calling us a load of inbred c*nts etc regardless.

All the best though

personally I have no problem at all with fans from other clubs/forums coming on here and being polite and reasonable - just as Titi has been... I think it enriches the forum..

to automatically slag opposing fans on here just for the sake of it when they have been perfectly respectful and reasonable just makes US look like dicks.. IMHO!

I'm referring to what was the eventual thread on RAWK - a compilation of the answers received on TW.. so it was all Liverpool fans. I'm not particularly precious about it but it's not for me after that. I'm sure there's plenty enough answers on here to use though.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:46 am

Athers wrote:
thebish wrote:

All the best though

I'm referring to what was the eventual thread on RAWK - a compilation of the answers received on TW.. so it was all Liverpool fans. I'm not particularly precious about it but it's not for me after that. I'm sure there's plenty enough answers on here to use though.
ahhh - misunderstood you! I thought you were talking about abuse on THIS forum from Liverpool fans...

what happens on their forum is their concern!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:54 am

Do these requests appear on other Bolton forums?

Titi Camara
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Titi Camara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:35 pm

If anyone's interested I've written up the article and it's been posted onto our main board.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=319470.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers again to everyone that responded :pissed:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:25 pm

jaffka wrote:Do these requests appear on other Bolton forums?
He apparently went to Burnden Aces too. Pity our DSB replied too late to be included.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
jaffka wrote:Do these requests appear on other Bolton forums?
He apparently went to Burnden Aces too. Pity our DSB replied too late to be included.
Ho-hum, I'll survive. Putting words into a line is what I do.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:21 pm

I sent him one but they haven't used it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:00 pm

jaffka wrote:I sent him one but they haven't used it.
Did it include stuffing things up arses and burning people?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
jaffka wrote:I sent him one but they haven't used it.
Did it include stuffing things up arses and burning people?
:lol:

and the liberal use of the term 'scouse c**t'