'He's mad that trusts in the tameness of Wolves'. Wolves - H

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 'He's mad that trusts in the tameness of Wolves'. Wolves

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:15 pm

tango reported the radio commentators praising trotter... is that fair, those who went? Bruce?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:26 pm

thebish wrote:tango reported the radio commentators praising trotter... is that fair, those who went? Bruce?
In my 'personal' opinion, and with me obviously knowing nothing about football it was possibly the best game I've seen him play - but then again I don't rate him one bit, he was possibly our best midfielder today but that wasn't difficult because I thought the midfield in general today were poor and although they passed the ball well between themselves it was mainly backwards, apart from a couple of decent through balls to ALF towards the end of the game, but then again they may not have come from the midfield.

Trotter seems to divide opinion amongst the fans but for me although he played ok today (6 /10), and to be fair he can actually pass the ball - but generally he is far to slow, and immobile and has the turning circle of a double decker bus.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:30 pm

thebish wrote:tango reported the radio commentators praising trotter... is that fair, those who went? Bruce?
He was fine for most of the game, but then reverted to type in the last 20 minutes, during which he started losing out in one against one battles for possession. Someone that big shouldn't ever lose a 1 v 1 battle.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm

Not the greatest of quality but here are the goals chaps!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... GYkW2-hM8g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clough does look the real deal ATM
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:After reading that Wolves website, I'm hoping we get a late controversial winner that they can still feel bitter over 20 years later.
It'll be your fault then. :roll:
Guilty mlod :oops:

To be fair, we'll be over this draw by tomorrow. 20 years later and they still froth at the mouth at the mere mention of McGinlay :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Let me guess – Clough is out of contract in the summer?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 pm

Signed a 2 year extension IIRC
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:49 am

3 in 2 starts for young Zac (The Mancunian Messi?) thought he played really well. If he'd have not been knackered would have thought moving him out onto the left and bringing Eidur on would have created more yesterday.

Shame about Pratley, thought he was outstanding yesterday and was at the centre of a lot of our good attacking play
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 am

Any news on pratleys strings? Few weeks out no doubt. Big loss to our pressing gsme in midfield. I'd say Spearing is the better replacement not trotter...

3 in 2 from clough, looks a player!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 am

officer_dibble wrote:Any news on pratleys strings? Few weeks out no doubt. Big loss to our pressing gsme in midfield. I'd say Spearing is the better replacement not trotter...

3 in 2 from clough, looks a player!
Can't see us recalling him from Dingles but totally know what you mean. I still think maybe that Vela could have been moved out to the wing yesterday and Moxey or McNaughton placed at RB. Although can also see the argument for leaving Vela there as Van Le Parre(sp?) was a pacy swine
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:14 am

Rob Hall has escaped from any criticism. I wasn't impressed, lazy and does nothing for the team defensively.

He got a bollocking off Feeney for not letting it go out for a throw in when it was in the corner at their end, right before they scored. I don't think that the management will be too happy with him either.

He needs to improve or he will be another expensive duggie mistake.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Jugs wrote:Bollocks.
Care to give a bit of a rundown Jugs? Commentators' views were a bit different from P.T'S, so could we have yours?
Sorry, the 'bollocks' wasn't aimed at the above post, it was just a one word summary of my feelings after that late goal.

Just a feeling of disappointment in the end. I don't think we played badly, but we didn't do enough collectively to win that game. You always sensed Wolves could nick an equaliser the longer it went on.

Whoever said this was a game between two mid-table teams: Wolves are seventh!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Jugs wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Jugs wrote:Bollocks.
Care to give a bit of a rundown Jugs? Commentators' views were a bit different from P.T'S, so could we have yours?
Sorry, the 'bollocks' wasn't aimed at the above post, it was just a one word summary of my feelings after that late goal.

Just a feeling of disappointment in the end. I don't think we played badly, but we didn't do enough collectively to win that game. You always sensed Wolves could nick an equaliser the longer it went on.

Whoever said this was a game between two mid-table teams: Wolves are seventh!
Nothing to be sorry for Jugs. I was just asking for your views as a match goer.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:26 pm

i forgot we had a game midweek and i missed this coz i were doing summat and we dont win any of them.

co-incidence ? i think not.

how many rabbits feet do i need to make up so that we beat liverpool ?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

jaffka wrote:Rob Hall has escaped from any criticism.
Rob Hall, for me, escapes both criticism and praise. He just isn't any good. I've seen him play several times now and as much as I will him to produce something of note he just never does. He doesn't bring a single attribute to the party.
Last edited by Bruce Rioja on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Holy Flipping Heck Fire.

A hoof from THEIR OWN HALF and the lad taps it in just shy of the 6 yard line.

Why not just have 11 outfield players? :hang:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Holy Flipping Heck Fire.

I only listened, but it sounded to me that they scored while we were still yawning, we responded and scored two back, they couldn't really trouble our defence any further till the fifth minute of extra time when a speculative effort went in. If that's right, that's real bad luck and we deserved the points? Like I say, that's how it sounded.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

I only listened, but it sounded to me that they scored while we were still yawning, we responded and scored two back, they couldn't really trouble our defence any further till the fifth minute of extra time when a speculative effort went in. If that's right, that's real bad luck and we deserved the points? Like I say, that's how it sounded.
Scoring a goal is the hardest thing in football. We gave them one and they scored an incredible one. Hats off to them for the excellent one, it was a blinder.

Now, this is two games in succession Our Man With The Gloves has given the opposition a goal. We have gift wrapped something that is exceptionally hard to achieve.

Gutted for Bogdan. Amos to start on Weds. :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Scoring a goal is the hardest thing in football. We gave them one and they scored an incredible one. Hats off to them for the excellent one, it was a blinder.

Now, this is two games in succession Our Man With The Gloves has given the opposition a goal. We have gift wrapped something that is exceptionally hard to achieve.

Gutted for Bogdan. Amos to start on Weds. :lol:
So nowt to do with Dervite then, who watched as their bloke ran past him and latched onto it? bit like they were outpaced on Tues?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:46 pm

And as with the other day, if you think Boggers is coming for either you've been at the crack pipe too long! Neuer might have, but FFP means he ain't coming to us any time soon!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.